Thread: Demul Module doesn't recognize ZIP files with rom

1. Collapse Details
    Demul Module doesn't recognize ZIP files with rom 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Stand alone, Demul 0.5.8.2 works like a whistle, running Naomi and Atomiware zip files.

But I had no luck setting thru rocketlauncher to put in hyperspin. Both say that "ZIP is not a file type supported by this Demul (v0.5.8) Module"

I tried with many types of demul (5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.82), and many .ahk for them and still dont work.

Set the extensions to 7z|zip|gdi|cue|cdi|chd|mds|ccd|nrg (All the roms are .zip)

If I set "true" in RocketlauncherUI>Settings>7z>Enable, it says that "Could not find (rom name) inside the archive with any defined Rom Extensions. "

Then It says to check if I'm missing the correct Rom Extension for my demul's extension, and to set Settings>Settings>Mach Extension to false.

Then it find no Roms inside the .zip rom file.... to skip checks onthis system only.

Long story short If I do everything it says, I get ". is not a file type supported by this Demul (v0.5.x) Module"

Where did I set wrong?

Maybe I need to put some line in HyperHQ Dreamcast's Wheel Params?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Demul Module doesn't recognize ZIP files with rom 
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    This module has been working fine for a long time, so you must have something configured wrong. You shouldn't need to play with 7z at all for arcade roms (naomi and atomiswave). The emu handles the zips internally. The error that zip is not supported are for the DC portion of the module, which yes you would need to enable 7z support then.

So first figure out what system you want to run, then troubleshoot accordingly. Also don't be afraid to open the module and follow along to see why you are getting an error.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Well, first, Thank you for your work man! You are awesome!!!!

I got a new error,
    "Call for non existent function.
    Specifically: COM_Invoke(RLObject, "getfileencoding", demulFile)"

Line#777"

I think I had this errors cause I'm traing to load Naomi as Dreamcast, now it doesn't recognize as a DC chd/cdi... file type, because naomi uses .zip. I will try a fresh install.

Thanks man.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Just finished. DC ≠ NAOMI.

I tried to use the DreamCast menu AS Naomi. So, hear the warning of a very stupid fellow (me)

IF you want to run Naomi or Atomiware MAKE A NEW MENU ITEM ON HYPERHQ FOR EACH.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THE DREAMCAST WHEEL AS NAOMI.

If you got the "ZIP is not a file type supported by this Demul (v0.5.8) Module" error, you did wrong.

Thank you
    C Ya