Thread: Second Screen Marquee Help

1. Collapse Details
    Second Screen Marquee Help 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks to all that are involved in helping promote and pursue the history of these games! With that said I also apologize if this topic has already been beat to death but it's driving me a little crazy. So I have an awsome cab playing the games I loved but one thing is still missing, an active LCD Marquee. I am using RL as my frontend currently and need to find/understand a way to get the marquees sent to the second monitor when in MAMEUIFX64 through RL. Just in MAME alone I have tried setting number of monitors to 2 and set view1 to marquee, but I get nothing. I have tried using the artwork with the .png and .lay files and just the straight marquee .png files. The best I got was a duplicate game screen on the second monitor, no marquee though. So I am sincerely asking for any additional guidance or help to get this final phase of my cabinet completed. THANKS ALL!
    Last edited by DCWyld ; 10-13-2015 at 12:00 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Second Screen Marquee Help 
    MainSecondary
    I assume you are using hyperspin as your front end.. RL is not a front end. I personally don't have a 2nd display for a marquee (possibly on a future build)
    I believe you should look up hypermarquee and event dispatch system to get on the right path..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Second Screen Marquee Help 
    MainSecondary
    HI, Any guides on how to setup a MArquee in RL? I have bezels being handled by RL, but would like to have the marquee as well. Thanks!

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I use BigBox which has a 2nd monitor marquee feature and also can work with rocket launcher.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Set your display settings in Windows to "extend my display" You can turn off the task bar on the second monitor. Then drag your HyperMarquee window over to the 2nd display and make it the size you need.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by mccorkled View Post
    Set your display settings in Windows to "extend my display" You can turn aristocrat pokies indian dreaming bar on the second monitor. Then drag your HyperMarquee window over to the 2nd display and make it the size you need.
    Got it!
    Last edited by Friedrich ; 09-26-2019 at 09:21 AM.