1. Collapse Details
    Re: RetroArch Module 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by newoski View Post
    Has anyone tested Super Game Boy with the latest module? It's not launching for me. If I manually try via command line, it works using the following

retroarch -L {path to bsnes core} {path to snes rom} --subsystem sgb {path to gb rom}

It doesn't launch properly from RL
    its missing a " after core selection.
    I marked the missing " red in the rl command

X:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -f -c "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\bsnes_balanced_libre tro.dll" "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\system\Super Game Boy (World).sfc" --subsystem sgb "X:\Roms\Nintendo Game Boy\Aladdin (USA).zip"
    Last edited by a470588 ; 08-03-2017 at 06:49 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hello all,

How to generate CRC check for that lines below?:

MCRC := ""
    iCRC := ""
    MID := ""

My Retroarch module has "no error" but marked red warning:
    SNAG-0434.png

I make some modifications in name convention like "MAME" change to "Arcade". Its work flawless on HS, but my RL give me the error.

Its easy fixable?

Claudio

3. Collapse Details
    RetroArch Module 
    MainSecondary
    I'd like to use retroarch with commodore64 but i'm getting this error
    C64.jpg
    Last edited by pacooka ; 09-08-2017 at 11:32 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Dolphin also doesn't work in RetroArch through RocketLauncher. Is there an updated module to use?

Or even better, is there any way to just not use the module? i just want to run this in Hyperspin, i could use the -L "cores\dolphin_libretro.dll", this makes the core work in every other frontend but i can't make it work with hyperspin because it works with RL and RL needs modules. Is there a way?

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I don't use RA at all but since I've added stuff to this module before and it doesn't look like anyone else plans to update it (this module is community maintained) I was going to add support for those cores. I went to test my changes and realized the RA version I need is borked on the buildbot so someone else will have to make the changes since I don't want to waste time compiling it myself and never using it when I have plenty of other things to work on.

That being said, if it doesn't have any special cases you should be able to simply add GC to the MSystem line and add something like this to associate GC with the default core in the mTypeVar section "Nintendo GameCube|LibRetro_GC|dolphin_libretro" (note: I'm just assuming dolphin_libretro is the core name). If the core requires any assets or has any dependencies then checks for those should be added as well as file type checks if compatibility differs from standalone, or just to ensure nobody tries to launch an invalid rom type.

If you want to bypass RL completely and run the command line for the dolphin core from HS just set the execution for that system to Normal instead of HyperLaunch in HyperHQ or the ini for that system. You would then have to fill in the executable and args, although I vaguely remember ppl saying you couldn't get HS to launch RA correctly because it appends the args after the rom name. If that's the case you would need a batch or AHK script. I uninstalled HS years ago so I can't confirm that issue exists.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks, i managed to make it work by adding this line in the module

Nintendo Gamecube|LibRetro_GC|dolphin_libretro

I couldn't make it work by using Normal execution in HyperHQ. Never managed that with RocketLaucher tbh.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I added that line to my RetroArch module, as well. Unfortunately, I must be missing something, because when I select RetroArch as the emulator, then go to the module's tab in RL, only Dolphin.ahk exists and not the RetroArch module. I don't know how to add it there?? How do I do that?

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    If it's not showing in the list there you didn't add the system name to the MSystem line in the module.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I did... I exited the program and reloaded it and then it showed, but now it has an exclamation point and says crc error. Is that ok? It's working, at least.

10. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Edit: cleaned up to not have irrelevent information.

I've found an issue with the RetroArch module.

There happens to be a game that exists on both Nintendo Super Famicom, and Sony Playstation called "Tales of Phantasia (Japan) (Translated En)" that I need specific ROM settings for the Playstation version. I need RetroArch to use a specific 'have-CD ROM' version of the Mednafen Playstation core that a user was kind enough to upload (and is buried in the forums, good luck finding it).

The problem is, once you set up the Playstation version to run with that specific core, the same altered ROM settings appear in Super Famicom when you try to change the ROM settings for that particular game, to run with a different core.

This is actually a serious problem. If any platform has a ROM named the same, and you have the game in question set to use a specific core, those settings get carried over to all other platforms. I just tested by creating an entry for Tales of Phantasia (Japan) (Translated En) in the Nintendo Famicom database.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Upon closer examination of the module's retroarch.ini file, the module does *not* actually respect ROM settings on a per system basis. If you change a ROM's settings, they get thrown at the end of the list as it's own entry, for example:
    [Tales of Phantasia (Japan) (Translated En)]
    LibRetro_Core=mednafen_psx_libretro_have_cdrom_new

If you're lucky enough to not have games named the same from one database to another, you'll never have problems. But if you do, you will.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 09-06-2017 at 06:35 PM.

11. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    So I've figured out that all you need to do to make the ROM settings work on a per system basis, is to create a (system name).ini file, and cut (not copy - the text needs to be removed from the main file)/paste the per ROM settings from the main RetroArch.ini file to the (system name).ini file, so that it won't interfere with other systems.

If you do not take the time to do this manually, you'll likely have problems if you have a lot of multi-platform games with per ROM core settings for one of the systems.

The module should be fixed so that this is done automatically, but I thought I'd post this information, since it isn't very intuitive. The module text explicitly states "You are currently working in the context of *System Name* so be aware that any options you set under the Rom Settings tab (if one exists) will only apply to that specific system." That's just not true, and people who suck at troubleshooting (like I was a year ago) are going to be misled by that - and then inevitably, show up to this forum asking questions.

I'm surprised this hasn't came up already. Or maybe it has. I'm too lazy to read all the old posts in this thread.

12. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroom View Post
    Updated nosh's module and isd for changing display drivers to vulkan, sdl2, opengl etc.

ISD http://pastebin.com/g7rJQv4D
    Modulehttp://pastebin.com/PcZ6BuMh
    Scroom, your update to nosh's module seems to break the fix he made for Super Game Boy.

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraKarma View Post
    Scroom, your update to nosh's module seems to break the fix he made for Super Game Boy.
    Set the video driver as opengl, and it should work. Then again mine is working prefect, module needs to be updated for the new cli commands for RA.

My updated fix doesn't edit anything when it comes to super game boy.
    Last edited by Scroom ; 09-10-2017 at 07:29 PM.

14. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    My mistake, it might not be a problem with SGB at all.

I get this error when trying to launch a SGB game with your module and ISD:

Error at line 799.

Line Text: A
    Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

The program will exit.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraKarma View Post
    My mistake, it might not be a problem with SGB at all.

I get this error when trying to launch a SGB game with your module and ISD:

Error at line 799.

Line Text: A
    Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

The program will exit.
    Post your debug txt.

16. Collapse Details

MainSecondary

17. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by a470588 View Post
    its missing a " after core selection.
    I marked the missing " red in the rl command

X:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -f -c "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\bsnes_balanced_libre tro.dll" "X:\Emulators\RetroArch\system\Super Game Boy (World).sfc" --subsystem sgb "X:\Roms\Nintendo Game Boy\Aladdin (USA).zip"
    any updates on this ?

18. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Does anyone have ScummVM launching directly, these days? I'm completely stuck trying to get it setup via RL and RetroArch

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by newoski View Post
    Does anyone have ScummVM launching directly, these days? I'm completely stuck trying to get it setup via RL and RetroArch
    Havent looked much into it, but for me it works directly with CLI, and directly if you add it to the retroarch library, but not by loading a .scummvm file through RL..

This works retroarch.exe -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll H:\Games\Scummvm\1\ft.scummvm

While RL doesnt seem to send a game?
    21:37:12:748 | MD | INFO | +0 | Process.Run - Running: H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe "" -f -c "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "
    Last edited by damtjern ; 10-17-2017 at 03:40 PM.

20. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by damtjern View Post
    Havent looked much into it, but for me it works directly with CLI, and directly if you add it to the retroarch library, but not by loading a .scummvm file through RL..

This works retroarch.exe -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll H:\Games\Scummvm\1\ft.scummvm

While RL doesnt seem to send a game?
    21:37:12:748 | MD | INFO | +0 | Process.Run - Running: H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe "" -f -c "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "
    I'm having the exact same problem, where no game is sent via RL.

That said, just to make sure I understand your post, you don't have a workaround, right? You're just saying that it does work natively in RetroArch?