Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: RetroArch Module 

MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The new DOSBox module is pretty incredible and tailor made for the ExoDOS collection. Stuff like built-in networking and backing up of your save games is awesome. DJVJ and I played some DOS Doom with the networking stuff. So good.

EDIT: I've readded Mattel Intellivision to my module as I've gotten past the issue that was keeping it from running for me. I've got a number of other edits coming in the future for more consoles as well.

Currently trying to figure out a way to force the Handy core to rotate the vertically oriented Lynx games. There's a variable for it, but I'm not sure if I can set it through the command line or not and all my attempts have thus far been unsuccessful.
    Last edited by zerojay ; 01-10-2015 at 03:45 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
    The new DOSBox module is pretty incredible and tailor made for the ExoDOS collection. Stuff like built-in networking and backing up of your save games is awesome. DJVJ and I played some DOS Doom with the networking stuff. So good.

EDIT: I've readded Mattel Intellivision to my module as I've gotten past the issue that was keeping it from running for me. I've got a number of other edits coming in the future for more consoles as well.

Currently trying to figure out a way to force the Handy core to rotate the vertically oriented Lynx games. There's a variable for it, but I'm not sure if I can set it through the command line or not and all my attempts have thus far been unsuccessful.
    I definitely have to check that out. I am not sure if the dosbox core supports networking yet ill look into it.

The display rotation core setting for handy i dont believe can be specified by cli, you will have to change the rotation in the retroarch-core-options.cfg before running retroarch.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    More module changes:

Module: http://pastebin.com/H2F4Wafq
    ISD: http://pastebin.com/96HbswxJ

Mupen64 Core
    Module system and rom settings
    Added angrylion to GFX plugin
    Added Resolution
    Added Polygon Offset Factor
    Added Polygon Offset Units
    Added Analog Deadzone
    Added VI Overlay

Nintendo Entertainment System
    Module system and rom settings
    Added system and rom tab for Nestopia core settings. A tab is needed since NES has multiple cores.
    Added Nestopia_Blargg_NTSC_Filter
    Added Nestopia_Palette
    Added Nestopia_Remove_Sprites_Limit

General changes
    In adding these options I ran into an issue. Right now retroarch-core-options.cfg is looked for in the root of emuPath which if you have per-core configs turned on in Retroarch it will not use that config and instead it will use the one generated in the same directory where the core cfg lives. By default it would be /config/retroarch-core-options.cfg. I changed the module to grab the directory where the cfg being loaded lives and then uses that path to get the core options cfg.

4. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Nosh, if you don't mind, could you work with zerojay on releasing module updates. I prefer them coming from one person (both names can be on credits). If everyone starts releasing updates, it makes it hard on me to know when/what to push to official. I'd rather you guys work it out and troubleshoot issues and when you are requesting an update to official, let me know. I also don't want you 2 stepping on each other's toes or working on the same thing at the same time. Will only make for better updates.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by djvj View Post
    Nosh, if you don't mind, could you work with zerojay on releasing module updates. I prefer them coming from one person (both names can be on credits). If everyone starts releasing updates, it makes it hard on me to know when/what to push to official. I'd rather you guys work it out and troubleshoot issues and when you are requesting an update to official, let me know. I also don't want you 2 stepping on each other's toes or working on the same thing at the same time. Will only make for better updates.
    No problem makes sense. Free time is sparse for me but I would like to keep contributing when i can. Zero how would you like to handle module changes?

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    hey guys, i don't know if it's related to retroarch module or hyperpause module but i thought about a functionnality :

possibility to switch between classic psx controller and dualshock controller

many psx games NEED to be played with classic psx controller only (with NO analog)
    but some games are much more playable with dualshock joystick support (mgs, ff9, ...)
    and some others NEED to be played with analog enable (ape escape)

Is it possible to implement a function in Hyperpause/settings menu to switch between the 2 controllers?

to change between controllers i have to do this :

-F1 to launch RA menu
    -Settings/Input Options/User 1 Device Type
    -change 'PS1 Joypad' to 'DualShock'

Would be dope to have the possibility to switch between controllers in HyperPause

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by nosh View Post
    The filename is always the core filename so mame would be mame_libretro.dll.cfg. This way there is less work for the end user.
    This is actually how I thought it was originally and I think it should be kept this way - otherwise the user is forced to go and find the cfg that RetroArch generates and then rename it to the specific system.

Ideally relevant settings within the cfg would be set per-system or per-rom and stored in the HL ini file... it would be useful to change the shader, overlay, audio filter, screen rotation per-system and per-rom.
    I agree. Is this an option that you are working on developing?

The remapping feature which is brand new allows you to remap the retropad buttons to allow for different configurations using the same input mapping, once this can be set by a cfg this will be very useful.
    Is there some list somewhere that shows which keys are mapped where on the "retropad?" I had to ask on the forums where the Z key was mapped for the N64 controller. There must be some master list that says okay, the "I" key for PC-FX is mapped *here.* It's annoying that you have to use guesswork!

Nosh, are your recent module changes building off of zerojay's, which includes a lot of new systems such as PC-FX?

Thanks so much for your work on this module. I'm really enjoying consolidating my number of emulators down to almost one...
    Last edited by Takaji ; 01-11-2015 at 06:31 AM.

8. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I'll work on merging his changes into my own. Trying to work a few things out with what I have now first though.

Latest work:
    Fixed Mattel Intellivision, GamePark 32 (still slow but playable without crashing, unlike GeePee32).
    Added AAE (nosh).
    Fixed SNK Neo Geo CD (neocd -> neocdz).
    Disabled ScummVM core until I can get info on how this is supposed to run from nosh.
    Disabled MS-DOS until I can get info on how this is supposed to run from nosh.
    Sony Pocketstation tested successfully (already in module).
    Continuing to try to find a way to rotate specific games when played on Lynx.
    Attempting to figure out what is wrong with my TI 994A games (MESS is claiming bad format, but it's supported...?)

To be done soonish:
    Will attempt to add Super Famicom Satellaview support for BSNES cores (currently set to SNES9x core).
    Will merge nosh changes.
    Required testing: MGT Sam Coupe, SNK Neo Geo AES
    Last edited by zerojay ; 01-11-2015 at 02:47 PM.

9. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    In adding these options I ran into an issue. Right now retroarch-core-options.cfg is looked for in the root of emuPath which if you have per-core configs turned on in Retroarch it will not use that config and instead it will use the one generated in the same directory where the core cfg lives. By default it would be /config/retroarch-core-options.cfg. I changed the module to grab the directory where the cfg being loaded lives and then uses that path to get the core options cfg.
    I have per-core configs turned on and Retroarch uses the retroarch-core-options.cfg from the root Retroarch folder just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmarley
    many psx games NEED to be played with classic psx controller only (with NO analog)
    There's no such thing as a PS1 game that requires the original digital only controller to play. You probably should just always keep your controller set to DualShock.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    man, sorry to say you this but do you really know what you saying?
    i don't know how old you are, but if you had played back in da days, in real psx hardware, games like ridge racer, rayman, tomb raider1, resident evil 1, and even final fantasy vii, you should know that those games MUST NOT be played with analog controllers, but ONLY with classic controller!
    I remember i even had to rebuy an old controller back in da days to replay rayman :

11. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I was working in a gaming retail store during the PS1 years. I've never ever had to use an original PS1 controller to play *any* of those games before, nor did we ever get anyone requesting to buy an original PS controller after the analog or DualShock controllers came out. EVER. They all worked fine with the analog controller as well as the DualShock on real hardware. My copies of Rayman, Ridge Racer and Final Fantasy VII all play fine with my original PlayStation and PSOne with an analog or DualShock controller right here after just having tested them. No error messages, no weirdness, just no analog control which is expected. It would have been an absolute disaster for Sony if this were true.

I see your frame rate is 49.5 fps there. Maybe its only a problem with the PAL versions of those games?

EDIT: If you start up Rayman with the Mednafen core and a DualShock controller, it does indeed give you that error. If you swap back to PS1 Pad for a moment and then swap back to DualShock, you're able to play the rest of the game just fine.
    Last edited by zerojay ; 01-11-2015 at 11:47 AM.

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yes zerojay, maybe it is a pal problem but i can garantee you this problem was real and a piss!
    I tested your trick and it's working with rayman, tested it with final fantasy vii it's a no-no : need to be played with classic controller only.

So actually, i have to set classic controller to default to be sure all my games will be working.
    Because if i set default controller to dualshock or dualanalog, i will have to enter retroarch menu manually and switch controllers to play those rayman, ff vii etc, all those early games released before analog controller released.

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Ok the issue that bart is referring to is that the dual-shock was released well into the ps1 life so some games where built without analog support. some of these games required you to press the button labeled analog on the original dual-shock controller to get them to work. i think castlevania was one such game. if you played it with the original dual shock it wouldn't read button presses until you pressed the analog button. retroarchs latest builds handle this automatically but i believe the non beta version still will give you issues with that. I suggest to bart that you may want to consider updating to one of the latest nightly builds of retroarch.

On a side note. the retroarch module fails to switch the filtering in the mupen core to the 3 point filtering. if i select the option in hyperlaunchhq it still reads as automatic after launching. can somebody confirm if they are having this issue as well.
    Last edited by cID67 ; 01-11-2015 at 12:18 PM.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    i was using the 2015-01-09 (pretty utd) so i'm gonna take the daily one to test, but how does this switch functionnality you talking about is working? a setting to activate in RA menu?

and sorry if i could sound a little rough it's just a bad week, anyway thx for help

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This is how mine is configured and i haven't ever had to manually switch analog on or off.

Untitled.png

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have per-core configs turned on and Retroarch uses the retroarch-core-options.cfg from the root Retroarch folder just fine.
    Are you using nightly builds of Retroarch? Maybe it will use the one in the root if you are using a cfg that is not generated by Retroarch. So if you go by HL's configuration and use Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg instead of nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg it will use the one in the root?

17. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I am using the nightlies. Everything was generated by Retroarch itself. It created the retroarch-core-options.cfg in the Retroarch root. It is creating per core configs under the config directory. I do not have configs named per console.

18. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    bartmarley, selecting the controller on a per game basis should be an option in the module, doesn't really make sense to be changing the controller type within game. This is how it's done on all other modules.

I also recall having issues with dual shock controllers and my PSX on some games, but I think on most cases it was simply a matter of disabling the analog mode on the DS controller. I don't remember if there was any game that actually required an original controller to work. That might be true, but from what I recall most of the problematic ones simply needed to start with the analog mode disabled.

19. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    -- Updated Retroarch module submitted for approval --
    Module: http://pastebin.com/ukEDgkC8
    ISD: http://pastebin.com/XV62haAp

Changelog:
    Added Nintendo 64 specific options for Mupen64Plus core (nosh)
    Added NES specific options for Nestopia core (nosh)
    Added Mattel Intellivision for MESS core (zerojay)
    Added GamePark32 for MESS core (zerojay)
    Added AAE for MAME core (nosh)
    Fixed SNK Neo Geo CD for MESS core (zerojay)

-- Additional Comments --

Microsoft MS-DOS + ScummVM systems disabled pending information on how these are supposed to work from nosh.
    Did not merge nosh's retroarch-core-options.cfg path change for Nestopia as it writes variables fine into the standard one in the Retroarch directory.

-- Current Issues/Comments --

I misspoke earlier in the thread about all MESS ROMs needing to be unzipped. Drop them all into [retroarch]/system/mess/.
    GamePark 32 plays at about 50% speed, a known MESS issue. Better than GeePee32 crashing repeatedly though.
    Atari Lynx games cannot be rotated at all in Mednafen's core and while there is a variable exposed with Handy for it, we cannot do it through the command line. Looks like a scripted write into the core options file is required here.
    MGT Sam Coupe through MESS core is currently untested as I do not yet have those ROMs for MESS.
    SNK Neo Geo AES through MESS core doesn't appear to start up, just boots to a blue screen.
    SNK Neo Geo AES through FBA core doesn't allow you to set it to be AES mode, button 3 seems to reboot the console at anytime...?
    Need to figure out a command line to allow BS-X games to be run through BSNES cores as I discovered it requires something unique.
    Need per-game selection of controller type for PS1 games to avoid rare games that require PS1 digital pad.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by zerojay ; 01-11-2015 at 07:45 PM.

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I am using the nightlies. Everything was generated by Retroarch itself. It created the retroarch-core-options.cfg in the Retroarch root. It is creating per core configs under the config directory. I do not have configs named per console.
    Thats weird so am I. When i load a config it uses retroarch-core-options.cfg within the /config/ directory. This will need to be tested.