1. Collapse Details
    Re: RetroArch Module 

MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by damtjern View Post
    Havent looked much into it, but for me it works directly with CLI, and directly if you add it to the retroarch library, but not by loading a .scummvm file through RL..

This works retroarch.exe -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll H:\Games\Scummvm\1\ft.scummvm

While RL doesnt seem to send a game?
    21:37:12:748 | MD | INFO | +0 | Process.Run - Running: H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe "" -f -c "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.cfg" -L "H:\Emulators\RetroArch\cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "
    Also, what does your .scummvm file contain, in the example above? Just so I can 100% make sure I have mine created correctly...

Thanks

2. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by a470588 View Post
    any updates on this ?
    What's your issue? Super Game Boy not working? I thought that's been fixed via the unofficial module that's floating around. Let me know if you need a copy

3. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by nosh View Post
    I have come up with a way of running exodos conf files as is so NO modifications to the set. I wont be able to finish the modifications to the module tonight but I thought it would be a good idea to post my approach as it could be a little controversial.

Alright so if you look at any dosbox.conf in the exodos set for a game you will notice that the mount path is always relative so .\games\insertgamename. When you load dosbox in or out of retroarch, the root folder dosbox looks at by default, from my testing anyway, is whatever path dosbox is run from. Running from windows and running from cli will give you different results. Running from windows will set the root folder to where dosbox.exe lives, where running from cli will set the root folder to whatever folder you are currently in. So for example if you bring up a command prompt and go to cd c:\ and then run retroarch with the dosbox core using an absolute path to your retorarch.exe, then once dosbox comes up you do "mount c .\" you will be mounting c:\ in dosbox. As for running retroarch through windows, if you ran "mount c .\" it would mount the directory where retroarch.exe is. When RL runs retroarch you will get the same mounting results that you do running retroarch through windows.

So now that I have explained that, you can see that in order to run the exodos set as is we would have to place the Games directory from the exodos set in our retroarch directory. Now although you could do that, the better way is setting up a symbolic link to the games folder within your exodos set where it lives now, in my case on a network drive from my NAS. For those who dont know what a symbolic link is, its basically a shortcut to the folder but windows will treat it and its contents like it actually exists there. I use this nice little shell utility to setup symbolic links http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinks...extension.html.

I could replicate how the dosbox module handles things especially when it comes to zipped games which mine are but this is to easy to pass up for me. This may not fly for the official module I don't know, probably needs some discussion.
    nosh et al,

any chance you completed this or still plan to? eXoDOS via RetroArch would be the holy grail. Happy to share some beer funds to make this one a reality. Anybody? Nosh? Bueller?

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Correct, havent figured out a workaround for the issue with RL, sorry..
    The .scummvm file should only contain the short name (the game name in hyperlist database), no quotations..
    So for Full Throttle, it should contain;
    Code:
    ft
    Would also be great to have exodus DOS working with retroarch, but thats about the only system i use that i cant get to work at the moment, now that the Atari 8bit/5200 atari800 core has been updated
    Last edited by damtjern ; 10-18-2017 at 10:50 AM.

5. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    The .scummvm file should only contain the short name (the game name in hyperlist database), no quotations..
    Code:
    ft
    I have it working. Will post instructions and my .scummvm files, shortly. Figured out a workaround

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

6. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Code:
    ft
    Would also be great to have exodus DOS working with retroarch, but thats about the only system i use that i cant get to work at the moment, now that the Atari 8bit/5200 atari800 core has been updated
    Try adding "scummvm" as the **very first** extension in the RetroArch global emulator settings. Test a few games. It should error out, but create gamename.scummvm files in your root ScummVM game directory. Manually copy one of those files over to the game subfolder and try launching again via RL. Let me know if that works

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by newoski View Post
    Try adding "scummvm" as the **very first** extension in the RetroArch global emulator settings. Test a few games. It should error out, but create gamename.scummvm files in your root ScummVM game directory. Manually copy one of those files over to the game subfolder and try launching again via RL. Let me know if that works
    Same result unfortunately.. What module are you using? Does it also work for you if you manually choose to load the gamename.scummvm file from RL from the game subfolder?
    Tried both zipped and unzpped games

8. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Same result unfortunately.. What module are you using? Does it also work for you if you manually choose to load the gamename.scummvm file from RL from the game subfolder?
    Shoot me a PM with your TeamViewer access

9. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Anybody got 3ds working on it? I know there is a great core out for it now.

10. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizshaw View Post
    Anybody got 3ds working on it? I know there is a great core out for it now.
    This is by no means official, but it works with the latest ISD file.

https://pastebin.com/fg52vTcF

I don't recall all the mods I've added to it or pulled in from other threads, but it's what I'm using and it works for 3DS. I do recall the following:

1. Works with Super Game Boy
    2. Works with ScummVM launching direct to game
    3. Probably added a few more systems, that I don't recall

- - - Updated - - -

See my latest post in this thread, with Module

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    See my latest post in this thread, with Module
    Sorry, forgot all about this, but with this module my ScummVM games booted straight up! Thanks man!

12. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Guys RetroArch now supports a newly added 'Higan' core, which is supposed to be perfect for Super Game Boy.

https://forums.libretro.com/t/higan-...tutorial/12676

I've followed the instructions but I can't get a game to load with the RetroArch module. Games load fine with BSNES-mercury-balanced. Any help here would be appreciated.

Edit: Loading the games works fine from the command line, as described in the thread:

<path to RetroArch> --libretro <path to higan core> <path to Game Boy/Super Game Boy enhanced game>

Provided you followed the instructions in the first post. Also, the higan core loads up fine for Super Nintendo. Not sure what's happening that it won't load for Super Game Boy.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 11-20-2017 at 02:42 AM.

13. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Alright guys I figured out the code that you need to delete in the module to make Super Game Boy work with the new Higan core. I'm not going to upload my module because I've made a ton of other tweaks to it, so I'll just direct you to the text you need to delete.

I'm not sure this is the 'right' way to make this work, but everything seems to be working on my end. Someone with more knowledge should take a look at it.

If (retroID = "LibRetro_SGB" || superGB = "true") ; if system or rom is set to use Super Game Boy
    { superGB := "true" ; setting this just in case it's false and the system is Nintendo Super Game Boy
    sgbRomPath := CheckFile(emuPath . "\system\Super Game Boy (World).sfc","Could not find the rom required for Super Game Boy support. Make sure the rom ""Super Game Boy (World).sfc"" is located in: " . emuPath . "\system")
    CheckFile(emuPath . "\system\sgb.boot.rom","Could not find the bios required for Super Game Boy support. Make sure the bios ""sgb.boot.rom"" is located in: " . emuPath . "\system")
    retroID := "LibRetro_SGB" ; switching to Super Game Boy mode
    retroSystem := "Nintendo Super Game Boy"
    }

14. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Also for anyone wanting to use the new higan core, make sure you have 'rewind' off, as having it enabled causes minor graphical glitches.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Any one have Nintendo Gamecube running from retroarch 1.68 through rocket launcher.I tried editing the module based on some of the suggestions in this post.I added "Nintendo Gamecube" to the MSystem also added mTypeVar section Nintendo GameCube|LibRetro_GC|dolphin_libretro|gc still with no luck.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have it working. Will post instructions and my .scummvm files, shortly. Figured out a workaround

What are the instructions to getting scummvm to launch directly to the game instead of the gui? Through rocketlauncher with the official retroarch module when I launched a game it went to scummvm gui instead of the game. I tried your moddule posted above and now when the game launches I get a "error running game data not found" scummvm error. I can get the game to launch directly with your new module if I point the scummvm RL game rom path directly to the game I am trying to launch with the .scummvm file in the game subfolder but of course that is not ideal. What further steps do I need to do to get it to work correctly? Thanks in advance.

17. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Try above plus my module

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Try above plus my module
    Ok,now it works great. I was doing all that before but the only thing I was doing wrong is I was leaving a copy of the .scummvm file in my roms directory so it was still causing it to error out. So I put the .scummvm file in the game subfolder and erased it from the root of my roms path and now it works great. Thanks for getting scummvm to work correctly with the retroarch module as I can now use the awesome retroarch shaders.

If we could get MS-DOS working correctly with the exodos sets with the module that would be awesome. I use standalone DosBox now but would love to use the retroarch version for the better shaders.

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Is it possible to have NEC TurboDuo launch with retroarch can only get one or the other running,by that I mean if I get the cart running I can not get the cdrom to run although I have them both running outside of rocket launcher.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I have all NEC consoles launching . Don't recall setup, but yet, it should be possible