1. Collapse Details
    Rpcs3 
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Does anyone want to figure out how to get RPCS3 (ps3 emu) working? It can play ps3 games, and I'd like to make a module for it but do not have time to figure out how to convert an iso to the pkg format to play on the emu as it doesn't look like it supports iso yet. I do not have time to waste in fiddling with this as other RL/site related things need my attention, but I just saw some videos and 3D games work great in it, so I think a module should be made for RL.

So far it looks like you can mount the iso, copy the USRDIR folder to the emu folder like this:
    RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\NAME_OF_GAME

When you run the emu, you will see the game in the list. I tried Sonic but I got a USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN failed error.

It does not look like any CLI is supported yet. I was hoping something like CLI to run one of the games in that list would be accepted but I don't see anything like that.

Looks like you goto Config -> Virtual File System Manager and set hdd0 to any folder you want that can contain your extracted game and when the emu restarts, it will show the game in the list. The home folder must exist as well though.J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\game
    J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\game\GAME1\USRDIR...
    J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3\home

Then the rpcs3.new.ini looks like this:

[vfs]
    mount[0]=/dev_hdd0/
    count=6
    device[0]=0
    device_path[0]=
    hdd_count=0
    path[0]=J:\ExtractTemp\Sony PlayStation 3

I'm thinking creating a symbolic link or something to the mounted iso image may work.
    Last edited by djvj ; 12-18-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rpcs3 
    MainSecondary
    Wowza you probably need a super computer to run it. Mine can barely run ps2. I'm watching this in case it's better optimized then ps2

Tapatalk signature

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Out of curiosity, did anything ever come of this DJ? Saw some recent videos showing some impressive progress from RPCS3, and was wondering if RL would ever implement it.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    At least Super Street fighter 2 hd remix should be playable with 60 frames per second

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yea. Seeing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown run at 45 FPS was pretty cool to see, think they are making some strides.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    The emulator works fine. All of my games are already extracted and not ISOs.

Place the games in Sony Playstation 3\dev_hdd0\game\Game Name Folder

Re open the emulator and the game is there. Double click the icon and the game boots. Obviously not all games are working.

RPCS3 v0.0.1-4-2

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    There's no CLI support.
    I set <EmuPath>\dev_hdd0\game\ as my 7z extract (current working games are small anyways)
    I made a ghetto module that opens the emu and sends keyboard shortcuts to load the game then go full screen.
    Works but isn't pretty, lol

8. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    I haven't kept up with this emu at all, and the first post was probably the last time I played with the emu. So I take it there has been little progress in making this more FE friendly?

kyo, sometimes that's what we have to settle with
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I would concur.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hey kyo would you mind sharing your module? I just want to get sf2 hd remix working on my setup.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hoping you could share that module as well, would be great to add a couple of the working ones to the setup

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    +1 Kyo. This will be appreciated. I'm, in fact, trying to get a module working for NekoII, and I coul duse this one as a reference. thanks in advance

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I found that the command
    Code:
    rpcs3.exe D:\Hyperspin\emulators\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30034\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
    runs the game.

You can run this command with the pclauncher.
    You can run the following AHK script as Postlaunch to make the window fullscreen

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
    Send !{enter}

Unfortunately, when you replace the directory to another location, or rename the directory, the game doesn't work anymore. This emulator is in alpha phase

On some games i also get the usrdir/boot.bin failed error.
    it cannot read the file. Perhaps it needs to be decrypted, i don't know yet
    Last edited by solipsist1234 ; 02-16-2017 at 05:03 AM.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by solipsist1234 View Post
    I found that the command
    Code:
    rpcs3.exe D:\Hyperspin\emulators\rpcs3\dev_hdd0\game\NPUB30034\USRDIR\BOOT.BIN
    runs the game.

You can run this command with the pclauncher.
    You can run the following AHK script as Postlaunch to make the window fullscreen

WinWait, FPS:, , 200
    Send !{enter}

Unfortunately, when you replace the directory to another location, or rename the directory, the game doesn't work anymore. This emulator is in alpha phase

On some games i also get the usrdir/boot.bin failed error.
    it cannot read the file. Perhaps it needs to be decrypted, i don't know yet
    Sorry I'm mental. Where do I put the command line in rocketlauncher again? I have pc launcher labeled as ps3 and I go to add a game. Do I paste the code above in a certain field? do I need to fill in any other fields?

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    ok, here is what worked for me...

1. went to note pad and pasted this
    rpcs3.exe "E:\Arcade-PC\hyperspin\Emulators\RPCS3\dev_hdd0\game\BLUS304 31-Dragon Ball Raging Blast\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
    2. saved as a .bat file
    3. set up pc launcher and set up game loading application "bat file that I created"

Now i'm having a hard time getting this to go to full screen. I created the post launch file as you suggested but it doesn't do anything. I can see that if I click on the screen behind the nag front end, I can manually press alt enter to make it go full screen but I don't think your post script is working correctly? Does anyone have a way to make this go full screen in front of the emulator UI? This feels very similar to citra front end for what its worth. Also i'm finding I cant close using my exit key in rocketlauncher. When I close it manually, I see the bat file still open and the post launch script file open. how do I close those with the app?
    Last edited by Ninja2bseen ; 05-05-2017 at 03:36 AM.

17. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    You can troubleshoot all these issues, or just wait for the module. As cool as it is to play PS3 games, it sounds like you're mostly using the keyboard to get them running anyways. Just play the games, the module will come. Hopefully sooner than later which is why I posted the stats

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Nah I use a controller. I am trying to get the post script to work. If I manually press alt enter, it works. I guess I may add a hot let manually for that on my controller. If it would just list alt enter, it would be seamless I think.

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    djvj, remember I sent you a working module for RCPS3 long time ago. I'm pretty sure it will work with new versions (or it will need short mods to do it).
    The module, obviously, doesn't need .bat files per game, but you need to configure file or folder per game in RocketLauncher interface (is the best solution I found because there are different options or folder needed to launch games).

Last versions of the emu solved the worst problem (my personal point of view) for using in RocketLauncher, and you don't need to select different firmware libreries per game... emu does automatically :-)

Emu is increasing its compatibilty en each version since the project is in patreon like CEMU.

I think is a good moment to make a good module ^^

You have my help and support if you want ;-)

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hello

I have problem Rpcs3 not working in hyperspin because no module yet but someone make ps3 games to work with hyperspin check the video link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBWSMW7RAIg
    if there solution or guide for these please help me to make rpcs3 games work with hyperspin
    please share it

Thank you