Thread: Metalzoic's MAME Mega-Bezel Pack. Bezels for 1200+ games inside!

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Metalzoic's MAME Mega-Bezel Pack. Bezels for 1200+ games inside! 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    ****UPDATED (11/6/2016)
    Check latest post for what's new.
    This update brings the game total in this bezel pack to a huge 2414 bezels for 1229 individual games + Defaults!

includes:
    -AlexDC22's newest bezels from his thread.
    -Krakerman's newest bezels from his thread.
    -AshuraX's newest bezels from his thread.
    -Sheib43's newest bezels from his thread.
    -Griffin518's newest bezels from his thread.
    -RxBrad's newest bezels from this thread (@ HS forum).
    -Drybonz newest bezels from this thread (@ HS forum).
    -Vaughn's newest bezels from the MAMEWorld forums.
    -Hokkey's newest bezels from this thread (@ HS forum).
    -D Moore's newest bezels from his YT channel.
    -Wolverine86's newest bezels from this thread (@ emumovies).
    -Plus most of the older bezels from the creators listed below!

First let me say that none of the actual bezels in this pack were created by me.
    (except the MM styled characters Default bezel. I made that one.)
    Thanks to the bezel creators: AlexDC22, Krakerman, AshuraX, Potts43, Griss, Jaysaugus, Alexminasepm, Kcorcoran, Johnny Mazzic, Gigapig, Rfancella and many bezels that had no name listed so are Unknown.

This bezel pack is a combination of bezels and art from many different creators, altered with a bezel border to create a matched, full-game-screen size, correct ratio set.
    There are now 700+ games (plus defaults) with 1-12 bezels/backgrounds per game in this pack.

This set is for other people like me that would prefer their bezels to display the game at full size (instead of being cropped or bordered to be smaller on-screen). However since most of these bezels were originally created with cropped, smaller screen sizes or non-standard ratios this means that much of the background artwork & text in the bezels is cut off by having the full size border. So basically you get full game-play area at the expense of art, instead of art at the expense of a full game-play area. If you would rather have the art than full game-screen size, then I really recommend you don't use this pack, but use these creators bezels as they originally released them.

I re-named (keeping the creators names), sorted and adjusted all these bezels to work together with a new Background + Bezel structure that uses unified border bezels to give them a matched look. The borders/ini's are built to display the game at full size and at the standard 4:3 or 3:4 ratio with no stretching, squishing, odd or custom ratios. There is a 1 pixel difference around the border for edging and bezel changing reasons.

This was built to be dropped into the RocketLauncher>Media>Bezels>MAME folder by itself and not mixed with other bezels. If you decide to mix it with others it may or may not work (so back up your old bezel folder first)

**HOW TO USE: Each game has between 1 - 12 bezels most of which are randomly cycled through every time you switch to the next bezel in-game.
    This means it can take a few switches to go through them (and since it is random you may get the same bezel several times in a row before it changes).

**FOR BEST RESULTS: In RocketLauncher set your bezel settings (for MAME, or per system) to:
    Transition duration = 0
    Fullscreen Bezel = False
    Save Last Selection = True
    Bezel Change Keys must be assigned so you can cycle between the multiple bezels per game.
    Use Backgrounds = True

In the MAME module settings make sure bezelMode = Use RocketLaunch

This pack is now only available on the Emumovies FTP as I have no more room on my One Drive.

Emumovies FTP: /Official/Bezels/MAME Unified Bezel Pack (RocketLauncher)(Metalzoic)
    Last edited by Metalzoic ; 03-18-2017 at 02:29 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Metalzoic's MAME Mega-Bezel Pack. Matched bezels for 600+ games 
    MainSecondary
    The border frame for Joust 2 has been changed to the right one and will be fixed in the next update (Along with many more bezels and games being added).

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    You know at first I didn't know if I liked the idea of my stuff being rereleased... didn't understand completely till I read your first post here.

Now I understand fully and I must commend you, cus that's a lot of work

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks. I had a feeling we weren't quite understanding each other at first.

It was a surprising amount of work considering I wasn't building the bezels like you guys (other than the different borders I had to create), a huge amount of time was spent just figuring out the ins-n-outs of how they work in RL and the tricks to get them to work together.

For example RL will only change the background if the next bezels ini is different by at least 1 pixel (name doesn't even matter), so every bezel/ini combo has to vary in sequence.
    However if you have a background matched to a bezel/ini combo (like Krakermans verticals must have) RL will not change between multiple backgounds with the same name even if they very by number (1), (2) etc... which means those backgrounds need a different naming structure etc...

It's a bit trickier than that and every time I thought I had it figured out something else would screw it up. Finally got it to where I could make everything work and keep it straight enough to be added to and kept organized.
    Yours are the easiest to work with, Ha!

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    The way you're doing them, is the way I planned to add animations to the bezels, albeit something small like glowing eyes or logo...
    Bleasby and djvj already said to submit something so they can look at it xD
    Just been to lathargic this year lol

Good job btw...

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Pack updated.
    9 new games added (from AlexDC22, Krakerman and AshuraX) and 3 new bezels for games already in the pack.
    Also changed to individual zip files so it's easier to manage and download.

7. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer bleasby's Avatar
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    For example RL will only change the background if the next bezels ini is different by at least 1 pixel (name doesn't even matter), so every bezel/ini combo has to vary in sequence.
    This shouldn't be happening and nobody reported it to me.
    I will take a look and see if there is any bug related with that.
    Could you send to me more details, some bezels capable of reproducing the bug, and the exactly steps needed to reproduce it?

Whenever you find anything that you cannot figure out, you should definitely create a thread explaining it before trying to use work arounds like the extra pixel coordinate that you describe.

However if you have a background matched to a bezel/ini combo (like Krakermans verticals must have) RL will not change between multiple backgounds with the same name even if they very by number (1), (2) etc... which means those backgrounds need a different naming structure etc...
    This was never intended to work like that.
    If a background belongs to a specific bezel, it needs to have the EXACT same name of the bezel image.
    Adding anything else to the name, like the (1), (2),... that you mention, just means that the background is not exclusive to the bezel anymore.
    Again, I don't recall anybody ever requesting something like that so you can't say that it is trick to get things working on the RL side if you want the program to do things that were never intended to do.

Please, next time, just create a thread explaining anything that you think that is unusual or any feature that you want to be added to RL.
    We will take a look at it as soon as we can.
    We always need feedback to try to improve things and as we are permanently developing RL, it makes no sense to use work arounds instead of actually fixing any possible bugs that you could find.

By the way, thank you for all the work on the bezel pack.
    I didn't took a look at it yet, but I know how hard it can be to organize things like that.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks, but I didn't think there was anything unusual about that or any need to make a thread about it. I never felt it was a bug, I just figured RL had no reason to cycle/reload the background if it didn't need to change the aspect res.
    I was just trying to figure out how RL worked and handled cycling through random bezel backgrounds and now I know.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to re-zip all these with out it putting a folder in the zip.
    I have a bad feeling I'll need to zip all 600+ files manually 1 by 1.

Once I've got that sorted out I'll send more details to you.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Does this help?

http://windows7themes.net/en-us/how-...dual-archives/

Tapatalk signature

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks Ninja, but I figured it out.
    WinRAR, Add all to Archives, individual archives, store no path info.

Seems to do the trick. I'll re-upload the entire pack once it's done re-zipping them all.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Will this work with them being zipped?

Tapatalk signature

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    OK, figured out how to get them correctly zipped and they're all being uploaded now. Should be ready in about 5 minutes or so.
    I also added Alex's new Toki bezel and Krakerman's Gravitar and Yie ar Kung Fu bezels.

Brings the game count up to 643.. Yeeehaaaw!

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2bseen View Post
    Will this work with them being zipped?
    It's just to make it easier to update and easier for you guys to just download the new ones (instead of the entire 1.5 gig pack each time).
    After you download them you unzip them all into the RocketLauncher>media>bezels>MAME folder. Just don't unzip them into all the bezels you already have, because it might screw them all up.

Might work fine, but also might not. Back up yours first if you want to experiment with mixing them. Let me know if you do.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Added:
    Clash Road, Sunset Riders, Wizard Fire by AlexDC22
    Dragon Breed, Saint Dragon by AshuraX
    Operation Wolf, Shinobi, Time Soldiers by Krakerman

6 of those games are new, Sunset Riders gains 2 new bezels for 4 total now and Shinobi gains a new bezel also. This brings the individual game count up to 650 and the bezel count to 1298.
    First post updated.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Updated & added:
    -From AlexDC22: Gauntlet 2 (new game!), Nightmare in the dark (now has 3 bezels), Guerrilla War (new game with 2 bezels out of the gate!), Pooyan (new game!)
    -From Krakerman: Airwolf (bringing bezel count to 5), Elevator Action (now has 3 bezels), Kick (New game!)

So Game count is now 653!

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    UPDATED!
    Added:
    From AlexDC22 - Terracresta, Empire City, Blue Shark, Arkanoid Returns
    From Krakerman - Super Pac-Man, Super Sprint, Bomb Jack, Hi Impact Football, Demon, Area 51

For 7 new games and 11 new bezels!
    For a total of 660 individual games now in this pack!

17. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    UPDATED YOU STINKIN' WEASLES!
    Added:
    From Scheib43: Flicky (New!), Anteater (New!), Narc & Firetrap!
    From Krakerman: Mad Planets (New!), Renegade (New!)!
    From AlexDC22: Alien Storm!

Count is now matched bezels for 664 individual games in this pack (+ the defaults) and 1324 bezels total!
    YEEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    AND AGAIN!
    Added:
    From Krakerman: Crossbow (NEW!)

bring the game count to an even (or is it uneven?) 665 games!

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    New one coming from me within the hour xD

20. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer bleasby's Avatar
    MainSecondary
    When released, RocketLauncher v1.0.1.5 will have this bug fixed.
    You will not need anymore to have different ini coordinates to change correctly between bezels with associated backgrounds.