1. Collapse Details
    Re: Demul with DemulShooter 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    We already have a demulShooterPath variable there's no need to add that to the ISD it's something set globally. Also the DemulShooter constructor doesn't take any parameter it uses demulShooterPath internally.
    Yeah thanks for confirming brolly - I was just about to post similar, based on the changes djvj posted above. It doesn't currently look like the constructor is pulling the path from the variable set globally though.

Based on my testing, I think the following is needed:
    - Remove demulShooterPath setting from module isd.
    - Update constructor to pull path from global settings file

Then we should be good to go.

2. Collapse Details
    Demul with DemulShooter 
    MainSecondary
    Also shouldn't the call to launch demulshooter be the the Launch method of the demulshooter class, rather that Run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Yes it should, it's just that djvj is getting old and his memory is no longer what it used to be so he keeps forgetting a lot of the stuff he did after a while.

The constructor looks good to me though, it's reading from the global variable already are you telling me that variable is empty? If so that's some other issue.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yes it should, it's just that djvj is getting old and his memory is no longer what it used to be so he keeps forgetting a lot of the stuff he did after a while.

The constructor looks good to me though, it's reading from the global variable already are you telling me that variable is empty? If so that's some other issue.
    Indeed - seems the variable name isn't consistent though which is resulting in an empty variable.

5. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    In what file are you setting the path though? Because I don't think this was added to RLUI, so perhaps you aren't setting in right?
    Should be in the general RL ini under section DemulShooter and key DemulShooter_Path. Check the log when in doubts.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    In what file are you setting the path though? Because I don't think this was added to RLUI, so perhaps you aren't setting in right?
    Should be in the general RL ini under section DemulShooter and key DemulShooter_Path. Check the log when in doubts.
    After the last update the entry appreared in the general RL ini...
    [DemulShooter]
    DemulShooter_Path=

The DemulShooter constructor references...
    Global demulShooterPath

Shouldnt these be the same variable name?

7. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Nope the variable name is correct it should be demulShooterPath, check your RL log and search for it then you can ensure if it's being properly filled or not. If it isn't then something isn't right, I cannot check it right now.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Nope the variable name is correct it should be demulShooterPath, check your RL log and search for it then you can ensure if it's being properly filled or not. If it isn't then something isn't right, I cannot check it right now.
    Interesting. I would have figured the name would have to have been the same.

Anyway, it's working, as in logs show that the variable is pulled correctly by the constructor - however demulshooter isn't launching.

9. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Post your log so I can have a look at it. Also try searching for "Run" on it so you can see what's being sent to demulshooter.

I think something isn't right in the DemulShooter class though, have no idea why FilePath is being set to the full path in the constructor this shouldn't be done as it will most likely break some of the super class methods.

Try using this version:
    class DemulShooter extends Process
    {
    ;vars
    ; inherits all vars from Process class

__New()
    {
    Global demulShooterPath
    base.__New(demulShooterPath) ; extends to use super class constructor so all Process methods can be used directly, (ex Run, Process, etc)
    RLLog.Trace(A_ThisFunc . " - Created new DemulShooter object of: """ . this.FileFullPath . """")
    }

Launch(target,rom,params:="")
    {
    this.Run("-target=" . target . " -rom=" . rom . (params ? = " " . params : ""))
    }
    }

10. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Ok, got it sorted there were a couple of fixes needed. Please test this version it's working on my machine (DemulShooter starts with the correct parameters that is, can't really test any further):
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...59537979285118

Make sure you replace all files.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Ok, got it sorted there were a couple of fixes needed. Please test this version it's working on my machine (DemulShooter starts with the correct parameters that is, can't really test any further):
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...59537979285118

Make sure you replace all files.
    Works a treat, thanks brolly!

12. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    So, adding support to Model 2 is pretty straight forward, what about Dolphin? The process seems a bit more confusing, is it even worth it?

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    So, adding support to Model 2 is pretty straight forward, what about Dolphin? The process seems a bit more confusing, is it even worth it?
    I can't see that I would ever use it with dolphin. Model 2 and demul would cover it for me.

Adding it to PC Launcher for house of the dead 3 may be worth it though.

14. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    I thought about PCLauncher, but being for 1 game only (Actually 2 if you count Silent Hill) I don't think it's worth it and users can easily add it to User Functions instead.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I thought about PCLauncher, but being for 1 game only (Actually 2 if you count Silent Hill) I don't think it's worth it and users can easily add it to User Functions instead.
    Yeah true, I'd just do a script for those.

Thanks for sorting this brolly, much appreciated.

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Just a follow up question on this, did this end up being added to RL via updates? Now that I finally got my arcade guns working, would love to have this incorporated. Thanks for everyone's hard work.

17. Collapse Details
    Demul with DemulShooter 
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by joec3109 View Post
    Just a follow up question on this, did this end up being added to RL via updates? Now that I finally got my arcade guns working, would love to have this incorporated. Thanks for everyone's hard work.
    Coming in the next update. The code is on the forums if you wanna set it up now.

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I've read a lot of interesting ways of implementing an auto-run function for demulshooter for the right games in rlauncher. Some code for demulshooter as a utility is in the current version. The easiest way I've seen/read about is to insert it in what was Lib/user functions.ahk and what is now Lib/User Functions/Global.ahk

1. Make a new folder under RocketLauncher main directory called "Utilities".
    2. Copy your demulshooter folder to RocketLauncher/Utilities
    3. If you don't already have one, create a Global.ahk file under RocketLauncher/Lib/User Functions and insert the following code:

Code:
    class GlobalUserFunction extends UserFunction {

StartUserFeatures(){

Log("StartUserFeatures - Starting")

Global systemName, romName

if ( (systemName="Sega Naomi" or "Sammy Atomiswave") and (romName="lupinsho" or romName="confmiss" or romName="hotd2" or romName="deathcox" or romName="mok" or romName="ninjaslt"or romName="rangrmsn" or romName="xtrmhnt2" or romName="xtrmhunt") )
    Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=" . romName . " -noresize ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

if ( (systemName="Sega Model 2") and (romName="bel" or romName="gunblade" or romName="hotd" or romName="rchase2" or romName="vcop" or romName="vcop2"or romName="zerogun") )
    Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=model2m -rom=" . romName . " -noresize iwidescreen -v ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

Log("StartUserFeatures - Ending")
    }

}
    As a new RocketLauncher user, I was confused by the recent changes to user functions.ahk Global.ahk and the code I've seen posted previously. Thank to the post from brolly that cleared all this up and looking forward to the full support in the next update!

19. Collapse Details
    Demul with DemulShooter 
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by theaeon View Post
    I've read a lot of interesting ways of implementing an auto-run function for demulshooter for the right games in rlauncher. Some code for demulshooter as a utility is in the current version. The easiest way I've seen/read about is to insert it in what was Lib/user functions.ahk and what is now Lib/User Functions/Global.ahk

1. Make a new folder under RocketLauncher main directory called "Utilities".
    2. Copy your demulshooter folder to RocketLauncher/Utilities
    3. If you don't already have one, create a Global.ahk file under RocketLauncher/Lib/User Functions and insert the following code:

Code:
    class GlobalUserFunction extends UserFunction {

StartUserFeatures(){

Log("StartUserFeatures - Starting")

Global systemName, romName

if ( (systemName="Sega Naomi" or "Sammy Atomiswave") and (romName="lupinsho" or romName="confmiss" or romName="hotd2" or romName="deathcox" or romName="mok" or romName="ninjaslt"or romName="rangrmsn" or romName="xtrmhnt2" or romName="xtrmhunt") )
    Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=" . romName . " -noresize ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

if ( (systemName="Sega Model 2") and (romName="bel" or romName="gunblade" or romName="hotd" or romName="rchase2" or romName="vcop" or romName="vcop2"or romName="zerogun") )
    Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=model2m -rom=" . romName . " -noresize iwidescreen -v ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

Log("StartUserFeatures - Ending")
    }

}
    As a new RocketLauncher user, I was confused by the recent changes to user functions.ahk Global.ahk and the code I've seen posted previously. Thank to the post from brolly that cleared all this up and looking forward to the full support in the next update!
    Check the posts above - brolly very kindly added built in support without the need for user function code. Demulshooter path will be set in the global RL ini file, and the demul module will have support - you just need to enable the per game setting for demulshooter.

Last edited by tonesmalone ; 01-11-2017 at 03:50 PM.

20. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    Model 2 model will also support it btw.