Thread: Exit Emulator Key not working for PCSX2

1. Collapse Details
    Exit Emulator Key not working for PCSX2 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi everybody, so I'm running the newest version of RocketLauncher and I am unable to get my exit emulator key to work with PCSX2. I have verified that it works in every other system I have setup. I am using the newest pcsx2 module and have tested the exit key with multiple versions of pcsx2 (newest dev release, 1.5-263, 1.4, etc) and nothing has worked. I have tried reinstalling the module and also deleting all Playstation 2 settings files in RL. Anyone out their who might have an idea of whats going on and how to fix it?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Exit Emulator Key not working for PCSX2 
    MainSecondary
    If you have the ui turned off on pcsx2, the exit key won't work. That's the only thing I have seen prevent the exit key from working.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I've messed around with a having the GUI both enabled and disabled in the module settings. I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully used the exit emulator key in rocketlauncher with pcsx2. From the digging around I've done I've found several others on the Hyperspin forums who have the same problem.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This is what I'm trying to figure out right now. Hitting my exit key ESC closes the game, but then hangs on the PCSX2 UI box which is left open.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Any tips for getting this emulator to exit?

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This might be old news now, but I was able to get the emulator to exit using a hotkey.

I am stoked about this because I just barely stumbled on the solution about how to get 1.4 up and going with the latest module. Check out this link if anyone needs assistance with this matter: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/t...comment-267806

In regards to the exit emulator, I have my hotkey set up so I can hold select and press start twice to get out:
    D:1joy7&1joy8

Big thanks to Simply Austin this in his Tips and Tricks video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iugW-mbn2-U&t=5s

Other than that, here are the setting I have set up in my Global Module Settings:
    Fullscreen=True
    AspectRation=16.9
    PerGameMemoryCards=true
    noGUI=false
    fullboot=true
    HideConsole=true
    AutoCreateINIDir=Default

I have no idea what setting was implemented to allow me to successfully exit the game- using a hotkey or otherwise, all I can contest to is that it works for me.

Hope that helps,
    Cheers!
    Last edited by deejus679 ; 01-14-2017 at 01:10 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks man, I'll take a look

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thought I'd post for anyone who ran into this issue for the same reason I did. I had previously had my controller exit hotkey working. For unrelated reasons, I had done a clean install of PCSX2 and was following the YouTube guide linked in the module notes just to see if there were any recommended settings I wasn't using. It suggested setting 'Run this program as Administrator' under the compatibility tab for the program. Having this set, was what broke the functionality of my exit hotkey. Presumably, you could also configure RocketLauncher to run as Administrator instead, but I haven't experienced a need to run either with administrative privileges, so I just disabled the setting. This should probably be added to the module notes, especially if it's going to contain that guide.