Thread: Layer 1 settings

1. Collapse Details
    Layer 1 settings 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Howdy, my issue is that the console -1 image falls on top of my game later 1s when I don't want them too. I like having both options. Here is the use case

As a user, I want to be able to utilize the console -1 png and layer 1 from the default folder usually however if I have a custom fade in for a game and have a layer 1 specifically for a game, I don't want the console -1 to fall on top of it so I can see the artwork on layer 1 for that game. However for those games that don't have custom layer 1s I want the default with -1 console pic to show up

Is this possible?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Layer 1 settings 
    RocketLauncher Developer bleasby's Avatar
    MainSecondary
    Just remove the console -1 image from your "RL\Media\Fade\_Default" and "RL\Media\Fade\%systemName%\_Default" folders.
    After that it is a simply matter of adding the image only for the games that you want them to be show.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Well I sort of want the opposite. Say I have 250 games with backgrounds and those 259 games I don't want the -1 console to show but for the other 1500 games I want -1 console yo show. Is the only way to add a blank -1 in each game folder or copy the art like you are saying? I feel like systemically that is fade has a layer 1 it should not display -1 if it's not in _default. Can this be programmed? -1 basically takes up most of the screen so I have to think this would be a popular request

4. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer bleasby's Avatar
    MainSecondary
    Firstly, are you talking about the fade in or the fade out?
    The "layer -1" image by default is used on the fade out and the image that is draw above the background on the fade in is the "layer 3" image named by default "Extra Layer 1 - Console".

If you are talking about the fade out, just right click on each game that you don't want to have the fade out image (layer -1.png) to show on RLUI and disable the fade out feature for this game.

If you are talking about the fade in, you could merge all "Extra Layer 1 - Console" images with your background images at a game basis in your preferable image editor and simply remove the "extra layer 1 - console" images from your fade folders.

Also, it is true that everything can be done in code, that is the reason why we open sourced the fade animations code so users could mess with them to do whatever they want.

Sadly, unless there is a big demand from more users to have what you want, it will not be included on my todo list because it is a very specific visual request that could be done with other work arounds more or less easily.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks

Sorry yes this is about fade ins where you see the console from the extra layer Latin on top of the background. By default they rock however if a specific game has a background, then the extra layer still falls on top of it so you can't see the background for that game. The extra layer for the console still rocks and still want to use them for games without a background

Yea there are two options I think. Merge the extra layer with the background in the default folder and delete the extra layer

Or

Code to ignore the extra layer when the game folder has a background layer

Sorry for the confusion. Code wise is this pretty tough? Maybe the merging of default background and extra is the easiest to do?