1. Collapse Details
    Retroarch 1.36 saves (srm) not saving in the correct location 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello,

For some reason when I use Retroarch 1.36 the saves always default to the rom location (which isn't good as my roms are zipped so get deleted from the temp folder once I exit the game) no matter what path I set in retroarch itself (it always gets overridden presumably by the module to "defaut"). This doesn't happen in previous versions of Retroarch, in fact if I merely just swap the 1.36 executable for 1.34, the saves will go to the correct folder. However I want to upgrade for the new vulkan support, any help woud be mch appreciated

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Retroarch 1.36 saves (srm) not saving in the correct location 
    MainSecondary
    I don't know hy this has been moved to emulator help, retroarch will set the save paths fine enough when not using rocketlauncher. The module changes the paths everytime you launch

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Check out the RetroArch Module thread in the Module forum for an update version of the Module that has these changes implemented.

RetroArch changed the way it handles things.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I had the same issue. After extensive research I stumbled on a solution. I took extensive notes so I would be able to replicate the process. I hope it helps.

Settings to allow games saves and save states in RL/HS:

1. In the RetroArch\config folder, create a new folder with name of the core used to emulate the system
    - Example: "Mupen64Plus" for Nintendo 64
    2. Inside the folder create a new text document
    3. Label the document the same name of the folder with suffix .cfg - Example: "Mupen64Plus.cfg"
    4. Open the folder using a text editor such as notepad or notepad ++
    5. Paste the following command:
    savefile_directory = ":\saves"
    savestate_directory = ":\states"
    6. Save

Now when games are saved using RL/HS they will work and will be stored in the corresponding folders that have been created.

Note: When creating save folders and configuration (.cfg) files for cores that contain an underscores "_" use a space instead

Example: Use "Mednafen PSX" instead of "mednafen_psx" for the Sony Playstation core
    Last edited by deejus679 ; 01-14-2017 at 05:30 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    If the user needs to perform these actions in RA to be compatible with the module, why are these not in the notes of the module?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I can't say I know the answer to that. I'm not even sure who writes the Modules, I had assumed that it was the program developers of RL. Can such notes be added by a user such as myself or there appropriate channels to go through to make such a suggestion?