Thread: AAE and two controllers doesn't seem to work?

1. Collapse Details
    AAE and two controllers doesn't seem to work? 

MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a PS3 controller using the SCP driver, and a wired Xbox controller (I've also tried 2 PS3 controllers). If I have more than one controller turned on/plugged in, AAE instantly crashes, and this is bizarre to me, considering the face that AAE doesn't even have controller support implemented. Can someone help me figure out what's happening here, or at the very least, confirm that it happens or does not happen on your end?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: AAE and two controllers doesn't seem to work? 
    RocketLauncher Developer
    MainSecondary
    I think this has come up before and is a known issue. You can try searching around for any AAE threads. AAE uses a very old executable and has many odd issues. You can always use MAME for AAE roms but I know it won't look as good as AAE does.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

If you appreciate our work, please support the site by clicking the Donate button at the top of the page.

3. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    The latest AAE update won't work with many gamepads/joysticks (vJoy is one driver that will cause it to fail), you must either disable the devices through devcon (unsure if that will work) or use the previous AAE update (1.1 I think) as this bug was only introduced in the latest one.

4. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Thanks guys. Yeah I just tried the previous version Brolly... not sure what the latest version fixes exactly, but the previous version will at least work with 2 Xbox 360 controllers (since SCP driver makes windows think the PS3 is an Xbox 360).

But, on more than a couple of games, not all of the player 2 controls worked right.

That's a shame, such a nice emulator with great potential, and it just kinda fizzled.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I had problems with getting AAE to function correctly myself..it had conflicts with my controllers hooked up too. I just decided to try MAME's latest build with vector settings in place,and to me it looks just as good as AAE did without the hassle.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk