Thread: change to dolphin command line.

1. Collapse Details
    change to dolphin command line. 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    FYI It would seem that the latest dolphin development builds do not use command line launching of games the same way earlier builds did. I'm not sure exactly what build introduced this but it would seem to have happened sometime in the last two weeks. this breaks support for the current module. information on what changes where made is apparently hard to come by.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: change to dolphin command line. 
    MainSecondary
    I think only the @djvj is the man for help-us but I hope anyone knows how fix it!!

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    All you have to do to find the info is read the readme on their github page which tells you the CLI usage. The current module uses slashes for the flags (/b) and the documentation uses hyphens (-b). Backup your module then modify line 261 from

Code:
    primaryExe.Run(" /b /e """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """")	; /b = batch (exit dolphin with emu), /e = load file
    to

Code:
    primaryExe.Run(" -b -e """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """")	; -b = batch (exit dolphin with emu), -e = load file
    The /b flag in the comment on line 259 should also be changed for the next module release for accuracy but it won't effect the launching at all of course. Did a very quick test using Dolphin build 5.0-2877 and it launches fine from RL for me.

4. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    Better to wait for a stable Dolphin release before making this breaking change to the module.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Agreed. I wasn't suggesting that it be pushed any time soon, just wanted to put it out there for the minority who want to use recent dev builds.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have no problem working with beta software and modified modules. its kind of half the fun really. but yah I wouldn't suggest it for everyone. Dolphin hasn't had a stable release in over 8 months but has made tremendous improvements in that time. Anyway, thanks for the info.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Many new games run now or old games run better in new Dolphin releases, dont have reason for waiting a big time for use the new revisions!! the best way it is release the new modules for him.

8. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    You know the reason between dev/nightly builds and stable releases right?

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    The dev/nightly then you talk, it is right?:

https://br.dolphin-emu.org/download/
    http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/builds/dol....0-2973-x64.7z

I think, this dev/nightly builds have many better and more news and betters in general, and stable versions it is much slow your releases only after months or years we have one stable version.

10. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    Yep, we can't be updating modules everytime a new dev build is made or we'd be doing this forever especially breaking changes like this that would mean the module would now stop working for everyone else using stable releases.
    This was just recently changed so we will see how it goes, if there is no stable version soon we might add this to the official module or even try to support both CLI flavors, for now better to keep it as it is, for those who like to be constantly updating to dev versions agent already provided a working module so everyone should be happy.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    For me, I have to use the latest Dolphin build as the last "stable" version was crashing my computer. I was able to adjust the module per the above instructions and it fixed the launch error. However, now the pause menu will not work. (Does not open or respond to the hotkey at all). Any thoughts on fixing this?

Thanks!

R