Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: CxBx Reloaded 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It was Midway Arcade Treasures.MegaMan Anniversary does it as well.
    Last edited by oldhag270 ; 07-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Just tried Mega Man and had no issues running it fullscreen.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Got it figured out,in case anyone else has this problem all you need to do is make sure Automatic is selected for Video Resolution in Settings Config Video.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Anyone know of a setting, or launch switch, to auto-send the F5 "Run Emulator" command? I've finally got CxbxR to run under RL, but if you have Fade enabled, the launch seems to stall at the Loading screen.

[Edit: Discovered the game starts without my input if I set the Global Emulator setting for Full Screen to False - so that's sorted ]

So you disable Fade, and discover that the CxbxR UI is waiting behind the Loading screen for the user to hit F5 or Emulation/Run.

[Edit: I've done something that prevents the Loading screen from hiding the CxbxR emu UI, but now I can't get the emu to go full screen. Any suggestions? This is nuts! ]

Trying to play *DorA Ult* and *DorA3*. DorA Ult plays pretty well within the emulator, and DoA3 isn't bad except your fighter's torso sometimes becomes transparent (comes and goes).

Thx for any help!
    Last edited by f11 ; 08-04-2018 at 11:26 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I'm trying to use the module that agent47 posted in post #32 with a build of Cxbx-Reloaded from today (August 17) but the emu won't go fullscreen so RL gives the error "There was an error waiting for the window "ahk_class CxbxRender" since it's waiting for the fullscreen window to kick in. Can someone explain why this is happening in this newer build?

6. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I'll have to download the new build and check. Unless they changed the reg key that dictates full screen it should work.

7. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I just downloaded the new build and they now use a settings.ini file in the user directory or the emu root when in portable mode instead of the registry (which is a good change) so I'll need to update the module.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    That's great. Thanks. There is a problem when using true fullscreen with this emu. Many games have garbled graphics. This can be fixed by using windowed fullscreen. Which can only be achieved by pressning alt+enter after launching a game. I modified your module so that it does this when selecting fullscreen. The change was very ugly so maby you could add an option to use true fullscreen or windowed fullscreen. There is however another issue. If you press alt+enter too soon after starting emulation, you will get no audio about half of the times. I have reported this issue and hopefully it wull get fixed soon. Sorry if there are mistakes in this post. I have had a few beers. I'm just about to go on stage and rock n' roll ��

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    The fullscreen sound issue is said to be fixed in the latest build. Wohooo!!!

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This is what I used to get windowed fullscreen. This will also get rid of the "Ding" sound when Alt+Enter is pressed. I'm sure this can be done in a better way.

SoundSet, 0
    Send !{Enter}
    Sleep 2000
    SoundSet, 100

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have not tested this, but I think it would be better to use this instead in case you don't have your volume set to max:

SoundSet, +1, , Mute
    Send !{Enter}
    Sleep 2000
    SoundSet, +1, , Mute

12. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I updated the module to account for the new ini. Which games give you the garbled graphics in full screen so I can see if sending Alt Enter is absolutely necessary?

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I remember that the text in the menu in OutRun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast looked like crap. The intro in Bad Boys - Miami Takedown was flickering really bad. I have noticed that some games will force the emu to go to windowed mode at certain points. For example when you choose difficulty in Unreal II - The Awakening. Is there a way to force the emu to go full screen if that happens? I also noticed that when using my fullscreen code, every once in a while the emu wouldn't go fullscreen. I think I fixed it by adding a sleep line at the beginning.

Sleep 1000
    SoundSet, +1, , Mute
    Send !{Enter}
    Sleep 2000
    SoundSet, +1, , Mute

I first tried "Sleep 500" but that wouldn't do it. Setting it to 1000 has worked great so far.

14. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Edit: Nevermind, user error on my end.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 08-23-2018 at 11:53 AM.

15. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Agent47 I have a weird problem with 'Fuzion Frenzy.' All of my roms (I only have a few) have a folder named after the game within a .rar archive. My other two games (The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind, and Halo - Combat Evolved) load without issue, but Fuzion Frenzy gives me an emulator error, 'could not open the Xbe file default.xbe.' I checked the log, and for some reason, this game is not being sent right path. There are two 'default.xbe' files, one is directly in the Fusion Frenzy folder (so Cache\Microsoft Xbox\Fusion Frenzy\Fusion Frenzy\default.xbe), and the other is in Fusion Frenzy\Demos (so Cache\Microsoft Xbox\Fusion Frenzy\Fusion Frenzy\Demos\default.xbe).

I tried specifying a hard path in the module settings for the xbe for that ROM, but the module didn't like that. Not sure what else to do, besides renaming the xbe file in the 'demos' folder.

Edit 2: Specifying a hard path actually works.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 08-23-2018 at 11:31 PM.

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hi, Any news on updated module for CXBX-Reloaded ?
    Current one works fine, just can't go fullscreen automatically without pressing alt+enter
    Can this not just be added to module (apologies if this sounds over simplistic) ?

Thanks in advance

17. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Here's an updated module to fix the fullscreen issue due to the settings change. I still haven't had time to test if Alt Enter is necessary for some titles yet so I haven't added that.

https://pastebin.com/RQHufFGk

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hi,
    Might be me but this new module will not bypass the admin screen (yes/no option) to open the emulator
    I have tried zipped and unzipped and also using admin rights and no admin rights
    previous module works fine but not full screen unless you use alt+enter

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm67 View Post
    Hi,
    module will not bypass the admin screen (yes/no option) to open the emulator
    Go to the settings.ini file in the emulator folder. There is an option called AllowAdminPrivilege. Change to true. I couldn't find it in the gui.

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks mdog1978 that sorted it out.
    Is this module just for zipped files ? Tried launching from folder and it says can't find xbe ?
    Again previous module launches folders fine.

Thanks again