1. Collapse Details
    Sega Model 2 - Exit Issues 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Cool
    Hi Folks, hopefully a simple one this : Im using Model 2 and the games work fine, full screen, from RL no problems. I use ESC to quit and the stupid emulator simply minimises to a window rather than buggering off as instructed - meaning I need to drag out the keyboard and ALT-F4 it. Not ideal. Ive had a look around and cant see anything obviously wrong - anyone seen this before and fixed it?

Im using RL and Hyperspin. Pretty much a typical setup and (trying) to stick to the MAME key defaults.

Cheers

Mark

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Sega Model 2 - Exit Issues 
    MainSecondary
    So for now I am using a AHK script mapping the ESC key to ALT F4. Works ok but doesnt seem very elegant or application friendly.

3. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer bleasby's Avatar
    MainSecondary
    Check if the emulator window class is named like this: MYWIN.
    You can use winspy to check the window class or just search on google to see other alternative ways of doing that.
    RL uses a winclose command using this class to close the emu.

Check in your log also if the exit key is being called on RL when you press ESC or it is being captured by the emulator.

Try to use a different exit emulator key. ESC is a very bad exit emulator key.

PS: Keeping the MAME key defaults is a very bad idea. Key modifiers should never be used as gameplay keys, You will have all sort of issues down in the road.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks for the reply - Ill take a look at this later.

As for the key defaults Im open to suggestions - I used a iPac with a 4 player CP (6,6,4,4) and, yes, Ive had a bunch of issues. If anyone has a good 4 player keyboard layout Id be grateful.

Cheers

Mark