Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Pinball fx3 module request 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    uh - looks like i never did actually put the path to steam - so its working as you said.

Many thanks again -

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Following this thread, I just installed FX3, could someone share the latest working module please? Or should I go with the one posted on Page 2, by dugan?
    I would have to create a new folder named "Pinball FX3" on the modules folder, right?

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Well, based on the stuff in this thread, I got it working. Thank you, guys!

But, I do have one problem. When launching any game, the game tries to connect to the servers. I'm using a machine that isn't internet connected, so it just sits there until it times out. Then I can hit cancel and it'll launch the game.
    I just found some info that they added the command line "-offline" to prevent this. But, how and where do I add this into the module?

Thanks for the help

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I can look into adding a module option for that when I get a chance rather than you hard coding it in the module.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    I can look into adding a module option for that when I get a chance rather than you hard coding it in the module.

Awesome, thank you

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hey agent47,
    I added a few lines to the module and I got it working. I defined offline under the resolution line, then changed the run line.

offline := " -offline"

primaryExe.Run(" -table_" . romName . fullscreen . resolution . offline)

I honestly have no idea if this is the way it should be done, but it's working like a charm.

7. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    That will work for you but it's not the way it should be done, you're hard coding the offline switch meaning it can't be toggled w/o editing the module. It should be done like this (untested):

Module

ISD

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    That will work for you but it's not the way it should be done, you're hard coding the offline switch meaning it can't be toggled w/o editing the module. It should be done like this (untested):

Module

ISD
    That works even better! Thank you, kind sir

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Does this work without Steam?

Zen is asking for personal info related to steam and a photo from my system so will i get my code, i won't buy any product from them.

Its very possible that the stats.ini could be shared with the unlock mode enabled??

Thank you

10. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I don't know what stats.ini you're referring to but if you're asking for a way to essentially "crack" it, no, nothing related to that will be shared here and you can easily find that stuff on your own. If you're that paranoid about giving them your personal info just send them a bunch of fake info and a random pc image from the web.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I bought the game and it seems too much to ask that besides to get a code I have to send more information. I'm sorry but I've already paid for my game, and it should come with the code. if nobody wants to share it, there's no problem, the problem is to launch this system outside steam, and for what it seems is not viable, so for the moment I'll settle for my pinball fx2 if it has a direct launch, while the fx3 will do it as a pc game. I find it unfair that they force you to have steam both online or offline working.

And nobody ask for crack it, as i said, i can play it,i paid for it, i just want to launch tables directly from steam without giving personal information or fake informaton. i though that maybe the stats.ini could do something with that, nobody is trying to crack nothing, as cabinet support should be included when you pay for something.

Good day.
    Last edited by RkH ; 05-20-2018 at 05:11 AM.

12. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Well nobody will be giving you a code tied to their personal info (since there isn't a universal code as that would defeat the purpose) and sharing it probably breaks Zen's TOS so you'll be launching it as a regular pc title. As far as "nobody is trying to crack nothing" is concerned, you didn't explain what you were asking for very well at all which is why I thought you may have been asking for a crack and I'm pretty sure attempting to access locked content by bypassing the official means of doing so would is pretty damn close.

Either way, we can end the discussion about cabinet mode and keep the discussion about the module itself.

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Cabinet support is free. They will even give you a key for a dodgy version. Email them, you get key. Simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by teezCCC View Post
    In order to launch the tables directly and avoid going straight to the main menu when launching, you must have FX3’s cabinet mode unlocked. Launch FX3, find the icon/button in the main menu with a silhouette of a pinball machine and click it. Should be near the upper left of the overall menu. If cabinet mode is currently locked, you’ll be met with a message asking to enter in an unlock code. The codes are free, you just have to contact Zen and answer a few questions. Just do a quick internet search for “Zen pinball cabinet support request” for a link to their request page. If they ask what you’ll be using their cabinet mode for, let them know you’d like to launch your tables via command line. After the unlock code is entered, your tables should launch just fine with the module edit I posted above.
    I'm having an issue with cabinet mode. I got the code and it worked fine with RL/HS. Problem is that I seem to have to keep re-entering the code from time to time. And without the code RL launches it into the main menu. It was my understanding that you only had to get the code and enter it once. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround for this?

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Never had that issue.

16. Collapse Details

17. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    When i enable DMD, it never closes.

It's not detecting de window.

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Works with steam as long you have a cabinet code you can single start tables
    Attached Files Attached Files

19. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Works with steam as long you have a cabinet code you can single start tables
    At a quick glance that module is just a worse version of the one I posted above. Unnecessary commented out lines, the notes still refer to FX2 instead of FX3 and there's no offline mode option.

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesmalone View Post
    Cabinet support is free. They will even give you a key for a dodgy version. Email them, you get key. Simple.

Just saw the form. Its that simple? I got the first 3 packs on steam a while back but never went through the trouble of setting it up on lunchbox. Can I just tell them I'm using the cabinet features on Launchbox or Hyperspin? I don't actually have a cabinet. Do they care how I'm using it?