Thread: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #41
    Junior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Any update on the module agent47?
    The module manson976 made works great for Jaguar, but does not work for 3DO :/
    Would like to use this fantastic emu for both
    Cheers
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #42
    Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by PolygonSlayer View Post
    Any update on the module agent47?
    The module manson976 made works great for Jaguar, but does not work for 3DO :/
    Would like to use this fantastic emu for both
    Cheers
    I just use 2 separate modules and 2 separate copies of Phoenix.

    1 called Phoenix Jaguar and another Phoenix 3DO. Works fine. Switch out the CARTRIDGE text in Mansonís modified module for CD-ROM. Also make sure you add all your 3DO games to the list of the 3DO copy of the emu. If you use the modified module for 3DO, without changing the CARTRIDGE text to CD-ROM it will always load the last played 3DO game, even if you have RL launch a different game.

    Works for me until we get an official update.

    On another note, does anybody have an issue with their game pad mapped exit emu key not closing Phoenix? I use Guide on 360 to send Esc to all my emus, every emu closes except Phoenix. If I press Esc on my keyboard it works. If I create a simple AHK remap such as z::Esc and press z on my keyboard, it works, so that rules out the emu possibly using RAW input. Itís been killing me.
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #43
    Junior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    17
    Excellent, thanks!
    I will try that
    I did try and make two copies of the emulator, but wasn't sure exactly what to change in the script and also wasn't sure how the best way to get the original script back once I changed it.

    Cheers!

    Regarding the gamepad issue, I'm afraid I don't know :/ I use Back+Start for 2.5 seconds to trigger my ESC function and it works on Phoenix :/

    EDIT: Just tried it and it all works now, excellent! Thanks Hopefully the module gets a fix soon. This emulator is really fantastic for both 3DO and the Jaguar
    Last edited by PolygonSlayer ; 05-09-2018 at 02:21 PM.
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #44
    Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by PolygonSlayer View Post
    Excellent, thanks!
    I will try that
    I did try and make two copies of the emulator, but wasn't sure exactly what to change in the script and also wasn't sure how the best way to get the original script back once I changed it.

    Cheers!

    Regarding the gamepad issue, I'm afraid I don't know :/ I use Back+Start for 2.5 seconds to trigger my ESC function and it works on Phoenix :/

    EDIT: Just tried it and it all works now, excellent! Thanks Hopefully the module gets a fix soon. This emulator is really fantastic for both 3DO and the Jaguar
    I know itís Hackish but whatever works.

    I figured out the exit emu key problem....reinstalled Guide on 360 and pressing the guide button now sends Esc and closes Phoenix. I donít know what changed before but itís working now.
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #45
    Junior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    Hello,

    The same thing happened to me when launching with the Phoenix module, it always shows the Tollbar and collection view. To solve it, just delete the line from the manson976 module:

    "If Fullscreen = true"

    I work full screen, I hope it helps.

    a greeting
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #46
    Junior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11
    Here is my version of the Phoenix module.
    It launches both 3DO and Jaguar games.
    3DO: All game images need to be added to the emulator.
    A bios file is required.
    This module allows for per game RAM files by default or a single system wide RAM file.
    RAM files are required to be made and added to the emulator and named the same as the disc image file, plus one named NVRAM. RAM files need to be stored in the "emulator folder/3DO".
    Jaguar: All game images need to be added to the emulator.

    Code:
    MEmu := "Phoenix"
    MEmuV := "v2.8.JAG"
    MURL := ["http://www.arts-union.ru/node/23"]
    MAuthor := ["djvj"]
    MVersion := "2.0.4"
    MSystem := ["Atari Jaguar","Panasonic 3DO"]
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Notes:
    ; Rocketlauncher system name must be "Atari Jaguar" and "Panasonic 3DO"
    ; 3DO: All game images need to be added to the emulator via "File/Open CD Rom image".
    ;      A bios file is required.
    ;      This module allows for per game RAM files by default or a single system wide RAM file.
    ;      RAM files are required to be made and added to the emulator. To create a RAM file, select "File/New NVRAM storage". Navigate to the emulator/3DO folder, type NVRAM in the file name and click save. A file will be added to the NVRAM list with a red !. Next, again select "File/New NVRAM storage". Navigate to the emulator/3DO folder, select the newly created NVRAM file, a message box will ask if you want to replace it, select yes, and a fixed RAM file will be created. Copy this file for each game and rename them to the same as the game file name.
    ;      Per game RAM files need to be named the same as the disc image file. System RAM needs to be named NVRAM. RAM files need to be stored in the emulator folder/3DO.  
    ; Jaguar: All game images need to be added to the emulator via "File/Add CARTRIDGE file to the collection".
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    StartModule()
    BezelGUI()
    FadeInStart()
    
    Fullscreen := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
    ControlDelay := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "ControlDelay","20",,1) ; raise this if the module is getting stuck somewhere
    KeyDelay := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "KeyDelay","-1",,1) ; raise this if the module is getting stuck
    GameRAM := moduleIni.Read(romName . "|Settings", "GameRAM","True",,1)
    
    dialogOpen := ("dialog.open") ; Looking up local translation
    
    If bezelEnabled
    BezelStart(If Fullscreen = "true" ? "" : "fixResMode")
    
    ;hideEmuObj := Object(dialogOpen . " ahk_class #32770",0,"Phoenix ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon",1) ; Hide_Emu will hide these windows. 0 = will never unhide, 1 = will unhide later
    7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)
    
    SetControlDelay, %ControlDelay%
    SetKeyDelay(KeyDelay)
    
    If romExtension in .7z,.rar,.zip
    ScriptError("Pheonix does not support archived or cue files. Only ""iso"", ""img"", and ""bin"" files can be loaded. Either enable 7z support, or extract your games first.")
    
    HideEmuStart() ; This fully ensures windows are completely hidden even faster than winwait
    
    ; Your XML file to be altered in a variable
    FileRead, xml, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    romPath2 = %romPath%/%romName%%romExtension%
    romPath3 = %romPath%
    If GameRAM = False
    	ramPath2 = %emuPath%/3DO/NVRAM
    If GameRAM = True
    	ramPath2 = %emuPath%/3DO/%romName%
    ramPath3 = %emuPath%/3DO
    StringReplace, romPath2, romPath2, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, romPath3, romPath3, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, ramPath2, ramPath2, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, ramPath3, ramPath3, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    
    If (systemName = "Atari Jaguar")
    {
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</CARTRIDGE>","CD-ROM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any Jaguar games stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	; Use regex to setup the system and game to load
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<root [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<root Platform="Jaguar"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<Platform-Jaguar>
                <CARTRIDGE expanded[^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<Platform-Jaguar>
                <CARTRIDGE expanded="true" attach="%romPath2%" last-path="%romPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    }else{
    
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</CD-ROM>","CD-ROM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any 3DO games stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	; Use regex to setup the system and game to load
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<root [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<root Platform="3DO"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<CD-ROM [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<CD-ROM expanded="true" attach="%romPath2%" last-path="%romPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</NVRAM>","NVRAM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any RAM files stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<NVRAM [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<NVRAM expanded="true" attach="%ramPath2%.ram" last-path="%ramPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    }
    
    FileDelete, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    FileAppend, %xml%, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    
    Run(executable, emuPath)
    DetectHiddenWindows, on
    
    WinWait("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon")
    WinWaitActive("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon")
    ;WinMenuSelectItem, ahk_class Qt5QWindowPopupDropShadow,, 2&, 1&
    
    Send, {Alt}{Right}{Enter}{Enter} ; power on roms
    
    If Fullscreen = true
    Send, {F11} ; fullscreen
    
    Sleep, 1000
    
    BezelDraw()
    HideEmuEnd()
    FadeInExit()
    Process("WaitClose", executable)
    7zCleanUp()
    BezelExit()
    FadeOutExit()
    ExitModule()
    
    HaltEmu:
    Send, {pause}
    Sleep, 1000
    Send, {F11}
    Sleep, 2500
    FadeOutStart()
    Return
    
    RestoreEmu:
    Send, {F11}
    Sleep, 2000
    Send, {pause}
    FadeOutExit()
    Return
    
    CloseProcess:
    FadeOutStart()
    WinClose("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon") ; Removing Phoenix from the title because the emulator shows statistics in the title while a game is playing
    Return

    Plus a new isd file to go in the module folder.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <INISCHEMA>
    	<INIFILES>
    		<INIFILE name="%ModuleName%" required="false">
    			<INITYPE>Module</INITYPE>
    			<SECTIONS>
    				<SECTION name="Settings" required="false">
    					<SECTIONTYPE>Global</SECTIONTYPE>
    					<KEYS>
    						<KEY name="Fullscreen" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>Enables/Disables Fullscreen</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="ControlDelay" required="false" nullable="true" minLength="-1">
    							<KEYTYPE>Integer</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>raise this if the module is getting stuck using SelectGameMode 1</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="KeyDelay" required="false" nullable="true" minLength="-1">
    							<KEYTYPE>Integer</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>raise this if the module is getting stuck using SelectGameMode 2</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="GameRAM" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>True, use a seperate RAM file per game.
    False, use a common RAM file for all games. 
    Default True.</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    					</KEYS>
    				</SECTION>
    				<SECTION name="%RomName%" required="false">
    					<SECTIONTYPE>Rom</SECTIONTYPE>
    					<KEYS>
    						<KEY name="GameRAM" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>True, use a seperate RAM file per game.
    False, use a common RAM file for all games. 
    Default True.</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    					</KEYS>
    				</SECTION>
    			</SECTIONS>
    		</INIFILE>
    	</INIFILES>
    </INISCHEMA>
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #47
    Junior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the up-to-date module. Rather than having to extract and preload the 3DO CD-ROM game list, why can't the module just generate and save the single XML line needed to run the game before the exe is executed?

    This would allow us to keep compressed game images and makes the setup much more portable. The whole point of RL is to aid and automate so not having a game list in Phoenix as a result of the edited XML config when run stand alone is not an issue.

    Thoughts?

    Thanks
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    #48
    Senior Member
    MainSecondary
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Chump View Post
    Here is my version of the Phoenix module.
    It launches both 3DO and Jaguar games.
    3DO: All game images need to be added to the emulator.
    A bios file is required.
    This module allows for per game RAM files by default or a single system wide RAM file.
    RAM files are required to be made and added to the emulator and named the same as the disc image file, plus one named NVRAM. RAM files need to be stored in the "emulator folder/3DO".
    Jaguar: All game images need to be added to the emulator.

    Code:
    MEmu := "Phoenix"
    MEmuV := "v2.8.JAG"
    MURL := ["http://www.arts-union.ru/node/23"]
    MAuthor := ["djvj"]
    MVersion := "2.0.4"
    MSystem := ["Atari Jaguar","Panasonic 3DO"]
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Notes:
    ; Rocketlauncher system name must be "Atari Jaguar" and "Panasonic 3DO"
    ; 3DO: All game images need to be added to the emulator via "File/Open CD Rom image".
    ;      A bios file is required.
    ;      This module allows for per game RAM files by default or a single system wide RAM file.
    ;      RAM files are required to be made and added to the emulator. To create a RAM file, select "File/New NVRAM storage". Navigate to the emulator/3DO folder, type NVRAM in the file name and click save. A file will be added to the NVRAM list with a red !. Next, again select "File/New NVRAM storage". Navigate to the emulator/3DO folder, select the newly created NVRAM file, a message box will ask if you want to replace it, select yes, and a fixed RAM file will be created. Copy this file for each game and rename them to the same as the game file name.
    ;      Per game RAM files need to be named the same as the disc image file. System RAM needs to be named NVRAM. RAM files need to be stored in the emulator folder/3DO.  
    ; Jaguar: All game images need to be added to the emulator via "File/Add CARTRIDGE file to the collection".
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    StartModule()
    BezelGUI()
    FadeInStart()
    
    Fullscreen := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
    ControlDelay := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "ControlDelay","20",,1) ; raise this if the module is getting stuck somewhere
    KeyDelay := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "KeyDelay","-1",,1) ; raise this if the module is getting stuck
    GameRAM := moduleIni.Read(romName . "|Settings", "GameRAM","True",,1)
    
    dialogOpen := ("dialog.open") ; Looking up local translation
    
    If bezelEnabled
    BezelStart(If Fullscreen = "true" ? "" : "fixResMode")
    
    ;hideEmuObj := Object(dialogOpen . " ahk_class #32770",0,"Phoenix ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon",1) ; Hide_Emu will hide these windows. 0 = will never unhide, 1 = will unhide later
    7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)
    
    SetControlDelay, %ControlDelay%
    SetKeyDelay(KeyDelay)
    
    If romExtension in .7z,.rar,.zip
    ScriptError("Pheonix does not support archived or cue files. Only ""iso"", ""img"", and ""bin"" files can be loaded. Either enable 7z support, or extract your games first.")
    
    HideEmuStart() ; This fully ensures windows are completely hidden even faster than winwait
    
    ; Your XML file to be altered in a variable
    FileRead, xml, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    romPath2 = %romPath%/%romName%%romExtension%
    romPath3 = %romPath%
    If GameRAM = False
    	ramPath2 = %emuPath%/3DO/NVRAM
    If GameRAM = True
    	ramPath2 = %emuPath%/3DO/%romName%
    ramPath3 = %emuPath%/3DO
    StringReplace, romPath2, romPath2, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, romPath3, romPath3, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, ramPath2, ramPath2, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    StringReplace, ramPath3, ramPath3, \, /, UseErrorLevel
    
    If (systemName = "Atari Jaguar")
    {
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</CARTRIDGE>","CD-ROM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any Jaguar games stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	; Use regex to setup the system and game to load
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<root [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<root Platform="Jaguar"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<Platform-Jaguar>
                <CARTRIDGE expanded[^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<Platform-Jaguar>
                <CARTRIDGE expanded="true" attach="%romPath2%" last-path="%romPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    }else{
    
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</CD-ROM>","CD-ROM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any 3DO games stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	; Use regex to setup the system and game to load
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<root [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<root Platform="3DO"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<CD-ROM [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<CD-ROM expanded="true" attach="%romPath2%" last-path="%romPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    
    	If (!StringUtils.Contains(xml,"</NVRAM>","NVRAM")) {
    	ScriptError("You don't have any RAM files stored in phoenix.config.xml")
    	}
    
    	ToReplace =
    	(
    	<NVRAM [^>]*
    	)
    	Replacement =
    	(
    	<NVRAM expanded="true" attach="%ramPath2%.ram" last-path="%ramPath3%"
    	)
    	xml := StringUtils.RegExReplace(xml,ToReplace,Replacement )
    }
    
    FileDelete, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    FileAppend, %xml%, %emuPath%\phoenix.config.xml
    
    Run(executable, emuPath)
    DetectHiddenWindows, on
    
    WinWait("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon")
    WinWaitActive("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon")
    ;WinMenuSelectItem, ahk_class Qt5QWindowPopupDropShadow,, 2&, 1&
    
    Send, {Alt}{Right}{Enter}{Enter} ; power on roms
    
    If Fullscreen = true
    Send, {F11} ; fullscreen
    
    Sleep, 1000
    
    BezelDraw()
    HideEmuEnd()
    FadeInExit()
    Process("WaitClose", executable)
    7zCleanUp()
    BezelExit()
    FadeOutExit()
    ExitModule()
    
    HaltEmu:
    Send, {pause}
    Sleep, 1000
    Send, {F11}
    Sleep, 2500
    FadeOutStart()
    Return
    
    RestoreEmu:
    Send, {F11}
    Sleep, 2000
    Send, {pause}
    FadeOutExit()
    Return
    
    CloseProcess:
    FadeOutStart()
    WinClose("ahk_class Qt5QWindowIcon") ; Removing Phoenix from the title because the emulator shows statistics in the title while a game is playing
    Return

    Plus a new isd file to go in the module folder.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <INISCHEMA>
    	<INIFILES>
    		<INIFILE name="%ModuleName%" required="false">
    			<INITYPE>Module</INITYPE>
    			<SECTIONS>
    				<SECTION name="Settings" required="false">
    					<SECTIONTYPE>Global</SECTIONTYPE>
    					<KEYS>
    						<KEY name="Fullscreen" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>Enables/Disables Fullscreen</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="ControlDelay" required="false" nullable="true" minLength="-1">
    							<KEYTYPE>Integer</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>raise this if the module is getting stuck using SelectGameMode 1</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="KeyDelay" required="false" nullable="true" minLength="-1">
    							<KEYTYPE>Integer</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>raise this if the module is getting stuck using SelectGameMode 2</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    						<KEY name="GameRAM" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>True, use a seperate RAM file per game.
    False, use a common RAM file for all games. 
    Default True.</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    					</KEYS>
    				</SECTION>
    				<SECTION name="%RomName%" required="false">
    					<SECTIONTYPE>Rom</SECTIONTYPE>
    					<KEYS>
    						<KEY name="GameRAM" required="false" nullable="false">
    							<KEYTYPE>Boolean</KEYTYPE>
    							<DESCRIPTION>True, use a seperate RAM file per game.
    False, use a common RAM file for all games. 
    Default True.</DESCRIPTION>
    						</KEY>
    					</KEYS>
    				</SECTION>
    			</SECTIONS>
    		</INIFILE>
    	</INIFILES>
    </INISCHEMA>
    Thank you, can you explain the RAM feature better? Why is it neccessary?
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •