1. Collapse Details
    Re: Phoenix Module for Jaguar Emulation 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Devall View Post
    I must be doing something wrong with either the module, which I copied from above, or Pheonix itself, but I keep trying to launch from Rocketlauncher and it tells me to load a cartridge. I have already loaded the games in Pheonix, and they launch fine from there...any suggestions? I know the module was written to uses Emulator version 1.1. I had trouble finding that so I'm suing the latest version which is 2.8.JAG...I'm guessing this is the issue?
    Same problem here. It's just not selecting the cartridge. The module needs to be updated to work with the latest version 2.8.

2. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I think I had problems at first, but then after loading all of the games in a playlist, and the bios, everything seemed to work. Everything is working on my end. Keep tinkering with it, you'll figure it out.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    SuperKarma, what version are you using?

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Or is everyone with this working using V 1.1? And if so, can someone get it to me because the developer has removed all earlier versions.

Also, if I launch the game manually with the Manually Launch a Game icon from Rocketlauncher, it will launch through the system using the module. It's only when I try launching the game normally through Rocketlauncher via the rocket icon it tells me to load a cartridge.
    Last edited by Devall ; 02-15-2018 at 11:41 PM.

5. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    My version says 2.8JAG in the title bar, and the 'about' in the menu.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraKarma View Post
    My version says 2.8JAG in the title bar, and the 'about' in the menu.
    Dang...then I have no idea, lol! I messed with it for a good 2 hours last night trying to figure out why it won't select and load a cartridge on its own. And you are using the same module that manson976 posted earlier in the thread?

7. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Dang...then I have no idea, lol! I messed with it for a good 2 hours last night trying to figure out why it won't select and load a cartridge on its own. And you are using the same module that manson976 posted earlier in the thread?
    Can you verify that when running the emulator standalone, it looks similar to this (with the cartridge list):

2018-02-16.png

8. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I'm going to need a screenshot of your error also, so I can try to duplicate. You should have posted that in the first place.

9. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I downloaded a fresh install, and got it working.

Here's the exact steps I took:

1. Unzip Atari Jaguar ROMs, add j64 extension to Phoenix emulator in RLUI, if it doesn't already exist
    2. Extract ph28jag-win64.zip to wherever you keep your Phoenix emulator, point RocketLauncher to it if you haven't already
    3. Extract Phoenix-English_28J.rar into that directory, so that menu reads in English (google it)
    4. Open the emulator, select the Jaguar icon on the far left
    5. File/Add Cartridge Dump in the collection
    6. Navigate to your ROM files and select all of them (ctrl+A), click 'open,' launch any game after the list is populated, then close the emulator

Done

Edit: add the BIOS using the file menu too, some games won't play correctly (or at all) without it.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 02-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I'll post my module sometime this weekend. IIRC you will also get the cart error if you dont have jaguar selected in the ui already which that module doesnt handle but mine does.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Can you verify that when running the emulator standalone, it looks similar to this (with the cartridge list):

2018-02-16.png
    It does.

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I never did in the first place because I figured I could sort it out. I'll try and get a screen capture later. The PC my emulators are on doesn't have anything other than windows installed and Paint and Wordpad do NOT let me paste a screen capture into them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    I'll post my module sometime this weekend. IIRC you will also get the cart error if you dont have jaguar selected in the ui already which that module doesnt handle but mine does.
    Please do. I'd be curious to see what you changed to get it functioning.

13. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Please do. I'd be curious to see what you changed to get it functioning.
    I didn't modify manson's if that's what you mean. I based it off the previous one and it's been sitting on my desktop for 6 months as I've been doing other stuff and it hasn't been a priority. But last I checked mine was functioning fine for all systems.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Sooo...thank you all for the help. I'm a grade A idiot. I fixed the issue. Turns out, when I added the JAG extension to RL, I didn't use all caps. So it was never reading the correct thing. Now, it works like a charm. Sigh...

15. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Weird, I didn't even know that could potentially be an issue. I'm wondering if that is a Phoenix specific thing, or if that is the case for everything, because I know I have some extensions in all caps.

16. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Weird, I didn't even know that could potentially be an issue. I'm wondering if that is a Phoenix specific thing, or if that is the case for everything, because I know I have some extensions in all caps.
    Nor did I. I was just playing with it trying anything I could do to get it to work and BOOM! That was the issue, lol!

17. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    please help for jaguar. rlauncher starts phoenix but it remains in the background and on the cart selection menu. only after a few seconds do I get an error in rlauncher, AHK error telling me there was an error waiting... quitting Rl, I have phoenix up and running and waiting for me to press play to start the rom. fyi, the game selected is not what was elected in the FE, it is the last game I ran in phoenix stand alone.

error.PNG

18. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    please help. this is by far the best jag emu i have tried and dying to get it integrated.

edit: can anyone with a working module share? hs keeps giving me the “phoenix ahk_class mainframe” window can’t be found or something like that.

i have the english patch for phoenix but when phoenix is running, the title bar is in russian so i am wondering if the module can’t “see” the window?
    Last edited by d8thstar ; 03-15-2018 at 01:22 AM.

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Guys....don't know what's going on but The website is now saying 404 not found, google brings up nothing. Did they get a cease and desist from Atari or something? If someone snagged a very recent version of the emu can you share it? Maybe the website is just down or something but who knows.

20. Collapse Details