1. Collapse Details
    Re: C64 Forever 7 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Love your amiga forever module.
    Did find one problem when using the module with rocketlauncher. If you are playing a multi disk game, all the disks are in one RP9 wrapper. When you need to switch disks you need to press the esc key to pop the mouse out of the emulator and access the windowed screen to insert and eject disks. My whole system is setup to use the esc key to exit emulators. Can your module change the esc key to something else? Do you know a different way to change disks?

2. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    You are overcomplicating it, just set a different exit emulator key for Amiga

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    You are overcomplicating it, just set a different exit emulator key for Amiga
    Ha, it's the simple things that throw ya.

Thanks

4. Collapse Details
    Re: Amiga & C64 Forever 7 module! 
    MainSecondary
    This is interesting but having to use the mouse to change disks wouldnt be any good to me..for the amiga doesn't whd load swap disks automatically..I need to get away from winuae I hate that programme haha...

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    One advantage I found with C64 Forever is that you can use a Action Replay or Super Snapshot cart along with your game. It will automatically load the cart first then when you exit the freezer cart menu it will automatically launch your game however the bad news is C64 Forever does not have a keyboard shortcut for activating the freezer cart you have to do that via window mode. I am looking at implementing this feature into my own custom WinVICE module. Just working on the details on how I want to implement it but looks like I will do it via per game settings because as it stands don't think you can currently do it with the module.

6. Collapse Details
    RocketLauncher Developer

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by richie_jones View Post
    This is interesting but having to use the mouse to change disks wouldnt be any good to me..for the amiga doesn't whd load swap disks automatically..I need to get away from winuae I hate that programme haha...
    WHDLoad games are HDD installed games so they don't need to change any disks at all and you still need an emulator to run them anyway, the fact you don't know this is probably the reason you hate winUAE which is by far the best Amiga emulator.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    WHDLoad games are HDD installed games so they don't need to change any disks at all and you still need an emulator to run them anyway, the fact you don't know this is probably the reason you hate winUAE which is by far the best Amiga emulator.
    I'm well aware that whdloads are hard drive images of games...winuae is a pain to get working with rocket launcher but I do have it working correctly now..it may be the best but it's not the most user friendly...

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I just figured out how to select different freezer carts within C64 Forever 7 without having to hardcode it within the rp9. I will now add this into the next release. this way you can select what freezer cart you wish to use if any along with your game.

However still no luck on enabling the cart freeze button within fullscreen. Hopefully the developers can add this option in as they seem to have disabled a way to use the vice shortcuts.
    Last edited by Krakerman ; 12-18-2017 at 12:17 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    C64 Forever 7 
    MainSecondary
    I am in process of implementing per game settings with a more features into the module. I will be doing the same with the Amiga Forever module as well in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Collapse Details
    C64 Forever 7 
    MainSecondary
    So far during my Christmas vacation I have managed to get initial per game settings implemented with working cartridge settings tab implemented per game so each game can have a different freezer cart inserted before launching the game. I have been testing it out with several freezer cartridges like Action Replay and Super Snapshot and it is working with the exception of needing the developers of C64 Forever to implement the freezer cart shortcut before I release my next update.

Making some good progress and cool features being implemented!!

Merry Christmas to all!!
    Last edited by Krakerman ; 12-26-2017 at 11:12 AM.

11. Collapse Details
    C64 Forever 7 
    MainSecondary
    Also instead of being able to using freezer cartridges with your games you have the option to use a fastloader cartridge like the EPYX FastLoader or Cinemaware's WarpSpeed cartridge with your games. I have tested these and are working currently!!
    Last edited by Krakerman ; 12-26-2017 at 12:45 PM.

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Latest update I been working on the per rom settings for each game. It's coming along real good everything is working smooth as butter!! Each rom can have it's own settings separate from the Global settings for the module now so that you will have full control of the settings you want for each of your games!!

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Development is still ongoing guys and I've managed to add in a bunch new (Mouse, Control and Userport) settings into the module.

Today I was able to correct some of my code which I figured out was incorrect and in the process got the Epyx Fastload cart to automatically load and run RP9 games from within RocketLauncher before it would install the cart but not launch the game.

That is now fixed!

The developers have put out a new beta today but still no cartridge freeze shortcut so that feature is not 100% working the way I want. The freezer carts currently will work with the module but after exiting the freezer carts menu it will launch the game but have no way to activate the freezer carts menu. Fastloader carts are working perfectly as well as various other carts thou. I am still in the process of implementing more and testing them out.

More updates coming ....
    Last edited by Krakerman ; 01-08-2018 at 01:18 AM.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Tonight added in SID chip and external palette settings to the module.

15. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Today I have CIA settings in place as well as some code cleanup.

16. Collapse Details
    C64 Forever 7 
    MainSecondary
    This module is still on hold til the developers implement the keyboard shortcut for the cartridge freeze. The last couple beta releases still no option for that.

I have a bunch of new features implemented so just waiting ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Have you gotten Bezels working yet? Also couldn't you release what you got so far?

18. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hi I was just wondering if you could update the newest version of your module.

Thanks

19. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    If you guys use C64 Forever then please send feedback to the developers to add in a keyboard shortcut for the Cartridge Freeze option this way I can finish this module and release it. The more people tell them maybe they will finallly do it because they are slow as hell when it comes to putting out any updates.

I mentioned it several times to them and they agree but still not been implemented which is worthless feature when running fullscreen without it.

20. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Also btw Bezels are now working with C64 Forever!

I just need to update the module code but did test it out and it is working.