Thread: NEC Turbo Grafx CD RetroArch issue with CHD's

1. Collapse Details
    NEC Turbo Grafx CD RetroArch issue with CHD's 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi, I a have a full st of Turbo Grafx CD CHD files that load up directly through RetroArch perfectly, but when loading with RL I get an error saying that you cannot use CHD although they work directly with RetroArch, any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: NEC Turbo Grafx CD RetroArch issue with CHD's 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    The RA module has extension checks for various systems, especially disc based ones so you would need to add chd to that list. Check the RA module thread as someone may have already modified it otherwise look ~line 608 for this section and add the stuff in red to it:

Code:
    Else If StringUtils.Contains(retroID,"LibRetro_PCECD|LibRetro_TGCD")	; NEC PC Engine-CD and NEC TurboGrafx-CD
    {	If !StringUtils.Contains(romExtension,"\.ccd|\.chd|\.cue")
    ScriptError("RetroArch only supports " . retroSystem . " games in ccd,chd or cue format. It does not support:`n" . romExtension)

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    The RA module has extension checks for various systems, especially disc based ones so you would need to add chd to that list. Check the RA module thread as someone may have already modified it otherwise look ~line 608 for this section and add the stuff in red to it:

Code:
    Else If StringUtils.Contains(retroID,"LibRetro_PCECD|LibRetro_TGCD")	; NEC PC Engine-CD and NEC TurboGrafx-CD
    {	If !StringUtils.Contains(romExtension,"\.ccd|\.chd|\.cue")
    ScriptError("RetroArch only supports " . retroSystem . " games in ccd,chd or cue format. It does not support:`n" . romExtension)
    Thanks! this worked perfect! I'll remember this for the future

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This helped me out also! But i did want to make a note in case anyone in the future reads this...perhaps there was an update to the ahk since this note was posted, but also note that the same info will need to be entered on lines 614 and 615 otherwise you will get the same error message