Epsxe module problem 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello ,

Example , Ape excape needs dualshock .
    Direct in Epsxe Analog sticks works , but not in Rocketlauncher ?

In module section i select dualshock , but don't work , only buttons works and D-pad .

I think a problem with the epsxe module .

Any ideas to fix this .

thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Epsxe module problem 
    MainSecondary
    Anybody , if i read the forum , the latest module have some problems ,
    No multidisc reading , no anolog sticks working when selecting dualshock , ...

Is this project dead , i tried my psx games in retroarch , but i have problems with it . Lik fat line on the bottom in expample crash bandicoot when resolution on X2 , X4 or higher .
    But in Epsxe the games works perfect .

Or is there any updated module ? Rocketlauncher for me is full updated .

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    There is no problem. RL uses the command line to interact with programs... so you need to tell it what to do despite whatever you have configured in the emulator itself. Here is how to tell RL to make both joypads dualshock:

epsxe.PNG

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Oh yeah, I should mention that you can also set this on a "per game" basis on the far right tab.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    OK, I just double checked and it seems I am using PSXfin at the moment!!! I can't even remember now what my issue with epsxe was... Give me a bit and I will fire it back up and test if it works ok on my end. Switching to PSXfin is probably unacceptable for most people since it is a very basic emulator but it runs the few games I tried very well (not a big PS1 fan myself). I have been toying with the idea of switching to RetroArch lately anyway, I think it probably has the best multi-disc game support and I really like the more or less built in use of bezels.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Alright, interesting results to say the least. I do not own Ape Escape so my test game was Strikers 1945. All testing was done outside RL just with the emu's themselves (you should always do this anyway). Then we can worry about RL settings later.

Relevant configs in each emulator set to Dualshock.

Fire up ePSXe and no analog control, just d-pad.

Fire up PSXfin and the analog works... but the axis' are all screwy. up down is 90 degrees but left right is at a 45!!!

Now there is a couple of things to consider. First, some games just won't have analog support (so no movement when using them would be normal behavior). I am going to assume Strikers 1945 is one of those that don't have analog and that ePSXe is correctly handling this... even though it makes more sense to me to have analog control on a shooter. Are you sure Ape Escape is analog? Also, I never asked you what gamepad you are using. I am currently using an xbox360 pad which I assumed would be compatible since it has 2 analog sticks, but who knows? Maybe I need more testing?

Just as a side note: There may be settings I could tweak in ePSXe but "out of the box" PSXfin looks way better! Call me crazy... I gonna try RA right now!

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    thx for the help ,

I know RL is using command lines to launch the settings of epsxe . Buuuuuut the analog sticks from my xbox 360 controllers don't work .
    And if i launch Ape Escape in Epsxe its works perfect .
    And i select Dualshock in the module settings in RL . I tried in General and also by game . Analog sticks don't work . Also by doing F5 even if you don't need to do this in Epsxe .

Ape Escape is a 100% dualshock game , if you don't select dualshock you get a message that you need dualshock and the game don't start .
    if i select dualshock in the module , games start fine . But only D-pad and buttons work . Not the analog sticks .

So for me i think a problem with the epsxe module . I read the same in other topics but can't seem to find the solution .
    Multi disc should be solved in the last module , but not the analog sticks problem .

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by defre1976 View Post
    thx for the help ,

I know RL is using command lines to launch the settings of epsxe . Buuuuuut the analog sticks from my xbox 360 controllers don't work .
    And if i launch Ape Escape in Epsxe its works perfect .
    And i select Dualshock in the module settings in RL . I tried in General and also by game . Analog sticks don't work . Also by doing F5 even if you don't need to do this in Epsxe .

Ape Escape is a 100% dualshock game , if you don't select dualshock you get a message that you need dualshock and the game don't start .
    if i select dualshock in the module , games start fine . But only D-pad and buttons work . Not the analog sticks .

So for me i think a problem with the epsxe module . I read the same in other topics but can't seem to find the solution .
    Multi disc should be solved in the last module , but not the analog sticks problem .
    I tried RA a few times , but i found it a real mess those settings . I have i7 7700k with a 1060 6G ram card , and games are running slow on x4 or higher . When selecting Vulkan , games don't even start ( black screen ) .
    Problem that i had , Crash Bandicoot , you have above and bottom black bars . Thats not the problem , but if i put native resolution on x2 or higher i have flickering smal bar on the bottom . And i don't know how to get it away . And it seem to be in every game with black bars .
    And in Epsxe i don't have those problems .

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Oh yeah, i never got back to you about RA either. It took a bit to set up. 1945 wouldnt even load without the bios present. RA says nothing about where to put these so i had to look online. Same result though... dpad ok, no analog.

And i agree, loading games is painfully slow in RA and epsxe when compared to psxfin.

Another note about epsxe. I have been using 1.90 because that is what the module suggested. Well I just went and got 2.05 and in the config they added a "directinput" or "xinput" option... which i think i need since I am using an xbox360 pad. However the new version isnt playing nice with my system. Cant get anything to run! Lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Will it ever get fixed ?

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    ePSXe sucks. The newest version broke the controllers and memory card functions. I was using it and just the other day switched over to RA. I used to think it was hard to setup, but after doing a few systems, I found out that it is super easy. I'm not sure why you would expect a PSX game to boot without a bios present.

You need scph5500.bin scph5501.bin scph5502.bin placed in RetroArch/system/Sony Playstation

Then download the Beetle PSX core and it will go into RetroArch/core

Open RA and go to directories and change the bios one to RetroArch/system/Sony Playstation

Go back to the main menu and save the config. This will save under the RetroArch root folder /RetroArch

Copy both .cfg files into /RetroArch/config

Rename retroarch.cfg to Sony Playstation.cfg

In RL, setup the emulator using RL.

In RL set the /config path.

In RL set the core you are going to use (Beetle PSX)

Boot game

Give me $5

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by mccorkled View Post
    ePSXe sucks. The newest version broke the controllers and memory card functions. I was using it and just the other day switched over to RA. I used to think it was hard to setup, but after doing a few systems, I found out that it is super easy. I'm not sure why you would expect a PSX game to boot without a bios present.

You need scph5500.bin scph5501.bin scph5502.bin placed in RetroArch/system/Sony Playstation

Then download the Beetle PSX core and it will go into RetroArch/core

Open RA and go to directories and change the bios one to RetroArch/system/Sony Playstation

Go back to the main menu and save the config. This will save under the RetroArch root folder /RetroArch

Copy both .cfg files into /RetroArch/config

Rename retroarch.cfg to Sony Playstation.cfg

In RL, setup the emulator using RL.

In RL set the /config path.

In RL set the core you are going to use (Beetle PSX)

Boot game

Give me $5
    Thanks but getting the emu to work is not in question... the op is having difficulty specifically with the analog controls.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yes, and the newest ePSXe broke them. ePSXe is never worked on anymore and the forums there suck. Just switch to an emulator being developed and that works. Problem with the controls solved. 🤷🏻*♂️