1. Collapse Details
    Re: Trouble Finding Romset In Rocket Launcher 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawk View Post
    The mame ini agent47 was talking about will be in your mame emulator folder, not the one in the hyperspin folder.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    so ive added a pic of the complete mame folder and i do not see any such folder. im not sure if it could have got left behind somewhere but i also did a search in my C drive with no luck either.
    thanks
    blake
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    So im wondering if i should uninstall my current version of mame and reinstall? there is no settings.ini within the mame folder.
    Besides that rlauncher is finding the rompath and showing 341 of 8000 games. Some are playable, many are not. i can quick load them directly from rocket launcher or load them through hyperspin. They are playable. So i wonder if the romset that ive downloaded is also no good? All individual games are still zipped as they should be and the folder shows 12 thousand or so files. I am not sure if they are complete or partial. What do you think should i redo both the mame and romset download? is ver .161 no good? this is the second time im having issues utilizing either the roms or the mame version.
    thanks
    blake

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    .161 is still good as long as your Mame version is the same version. If you have a new version of Mame then a lot of the roms in .161 wont work. Honestly, I'd try to find a newer version and set. There have been some recent updates over the last year that would make it worth updating. As far as RL not finding games, you need to check the zipped game it isnt finding. There could be several zipped versions of the same game in one folder.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    ive checked the mame version download and it shows as .161 as well. I think ill end up trying the newest version as ive now tried both .186uifx and could not find matching romset and .161 with matching romset and have 341 of 8034 with many not working of the 341.

ill select a game that shows in red and look into the zipped file.

thanks
    blake

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by bcameron View Post
    ive checked the mame version download and it shows as .161 as well. I think ill end up trying the newest version as ive now tried both .186uifx and could not find matching romset and .161 with matching romset and have 341 of 8034 with many not working of the 341.

ill select a game that shows in red and look into the zipped file.

thanks
    blake
    Not only does the romset and mame version have to match, but also the xml must match!

If you are just starting out, then the mame.xml you have is probably based on 196 or whatever the latest set is.

If you want the audit to work in RLUI then I would stick to split set not merged.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    well I'm certainly learning a lot. slow but sure. thanks again for all the help. I have downloaded mame.196 and am currently downloading the matching non-merged romset. after that is complete is there any bios, CHDS, or xml files i need with it?

thanks
    blake

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    the romset downloaded successfully and mame .196 now shows almost 8k games in the green. Its a good feeling. I still have to reconfigure everything for the new file locations and versions but I'm thinking we should be good to go. I hope to get things finalized tonight and then its onto setting up the cab.
    thanks again ill let you know the turnout.
    blake