1. Collapse Details
    Re: Redream "Sega Dreamcast Emulator" 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakerman View Post
    What version of Redream you using? Also make sure you have Per Game VMU enabled.

Working for me with latest version and dev release as well.
    Sorry, my mistake. I was running Redream standalone. With rocketlauncher everything works fine!

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I read that you can have bezels on a per game basis? How do you do that?
    Last edited by Styphelus ; 10-23-2018 at 02:23 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Styphelus View Post
    I read that you can have bezels on a per game basis? How do you do that?
    Right click a game in RLUI and select "Game Options". You can set things on a per game basis there.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I was having issues with per game vmu. It would load the vmu files from the pergame folder when starting redream, but when exiting it would delete them from the default emu path and never copy them to the per game path. If I manually deleted the files in the per game path after they'd been loaded into the emu path, it would then save the vmu files successfully into the per game path.

I tried giving rocketlauncher admin privileges just in case and no dice. I looked inside the ahk and to my mostly inexperience eyes it looked like sound code to move the vmu files upon exiting.

I did some playing around and added this line

Code:
    romVMUFile.Delete()
    so the closeprocess code now looks like

Code:
    CloseProcess:
    If (perGameVMU = "true")
    {
             romVMUFile.Delete()
     	 DefaultVMUFile.Copy(perGameVMUPath.FileFullPath)
    	 DefaultVMUFile.Delete()
    }
    	FadeOutStart()
    	emuPrimaryWindow.Close()
    Return
    I'll be honest, I'm not even sure what language these ahk's are written in, I just re purposed code I found in your ahk to do what I felt was needed.

It sounds like others aren't having this issue, but this fix works for me. Isd there possibly another way to do this? My fear is the way I altered it there could be a condition where both sets of vmu files are deleted and nothing gets copied.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    First off, my sincerest thanks to Krakerman, and agent47 for their hard work. My hat goes off to you both.

I was hoping there is an easy fix to the problem I'm having. Whenever I launch Redream through RL a couple wacky things happen. One...it resets all of my settings within Redream (internal resolution, cable type, etc). And two...(and I hope I'm explaining this clearly) my save files are only ever saving once. For instance, when I play MvC2, whatever characters I've unlocked, points earned, etc. when I finish playing for the first time...that's what gets loaded from then on. It never saves new info after the initial session.

A few things to note...
    - Running latest version of Redream
    - Running latest version of the module
    - "Per Game VMU" is enabled

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

6. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Just about all of the configurable module options for any module have default values that will overwrite what you have set in the emulator so you need to set the module options to match what you want.

Regarding the VMU stuff, I haven't looked at the code for that other than a brief glance when it was first posted and it was a bit messy so there could be bugs in it. I'll be looking at it as I go through updating all the modules but not sure when I'll get around to it.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks, bud.

Hopefully it's fairly easy/straightforward to edit module options. I've never ventured into anything that technical regarding emulation. Basically, if SimplyAustin doesn't make a tutorial video about it...I don't know how to do it.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    @ThulsaDoom What version of Redream you using? Released version or Development version?

I have not messed around with my module in awhile so I will see if things are still working ok on my end.

Update!: My initial test everything is working on my end. I am using the development version btw.
    Last edited by Krakerman ; 01-03-2019 at 08:24 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I'm using the released version (v1.3.1).

Also, on a side note, changing the module options worked in regards to RL clearing the Redream settings. After I changed them, I felt like an idiot. It was the same window that I changed "Per Game VMU" to true...lol. I don't know why when I read "set module options", I assumed it meant changing a .cfg file in notepad++ or something like that.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    If you purchased Redream always recommend using the development builds.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Yeah, I have the licensed version. I could download the development release that was just released an hour ago (v1.3.1-193-g2c70e65), if you think that would fix the problem. I've just always gone with stable releases for everything in the past...I thought it was the safer bet.

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Here is the latest Redream module that I last worked on that works with the latest development build as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks Krakerman.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm still getting the same save game issues. I first tried your latest module with the stable release, then again with the above mentioned development release (v1.3.1-193-g2c70e65)...the most recent development build at the time of your last post.

It's still loading whatever game state I had at the end of the initial playing of the game (creation of the save file), and not the most recent.

Not sure if this matters or not, but I'm using HS as my front end.
    Last edited by ThulsaDoom ; 01-06-2019 at 07:43 PM.