Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Trouble with error "it is not one of the known supported systems for this retroarch module"

1. Collapse Details
    Trouble with error "it is not one of the known supported systems for this retroarch module" 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi All,

I have been getting builds from this youtuber to build for my new GPD Win 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiUIS4yaiUw&t=10s

and on 4 systems (Capcom Classics 2, Capcom Classics 3, MSX, MSX2) i get this error:

Your systemName is: Capcom Classics 2
    it is not one of the known supported systems for this
    retroarch module: RetroArch

i noticed on the module setup for these systems, for the ones that work (I.E. CPS1), there are 2 modules listed. One is MAME, the second RetroArch. The commonality for the 4 above is that they only have the RetroArch module listed. I'm assuming this is the issue, however the Retroarch UI offers no way of adding a new module to be configured.

How do i go about resolving this issue?

Many thanks in advance! I have been searching for this error and the resolution but have been coming up dry.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Trouble with error "it is not one of the known supported systems for this retroarch module" 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    If retroarch is showing as an emulator for those 4 systems then it must be a custom module because those are not normal system names in the module. Multi system emulators need system name checks to function properly.

Renaming your MSX and MSX2 systems to Microsoft MSX and Microsoft MSX2 should fix those. For the others you would have to edit the module, which you shouldnt do if you dont know what youre doing. Plus splitting Capcom classics into 3 systems seems pretty pointless. The MAME module will work for those if you disable the valid emu only option inRLUI but Im not home so I cant tell you where that option is located atm, prob the settings tab on the rlui tab.
    Last edited by agent47 ; 05-15-2018 at 08:53 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Trouble with error "it is not one of the known supported systems for this retroarch module" 
    MainSecondary
    I'm trying to re-name the systems as suggested, but in my retroarchUI i have no option to add/remove/edit systems in the UI. I know where it would be as i have seen screenshots. On my build it simply is not there... is there a way to re-enable the edit option?

I also checked and "Valid Emulator/Modules Only" on the rocketlauncherUI settings tab is unchecked. Mame does work on the Capcom classics system, though as i noted only "Capcom Classics" has both "MAME.ahk" and "RetroArch.ahk"modules listed in the installed modules screen. For the other 4 emulators all it shows is RetroArch.ahk. I believe if i can force add the mame module to my capcom classics 2 and 3 emulators those would be fixed (mirroring the first). Also, if i can change the name of MSX and MSX2 to Microsoft MSX and Microsoft MSX2, i believe that issue would also be resolved.

How do i go about this? Thank you!!!

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    You rename the systems in whichever frontend you're using, not the emulator. Alternatively, you can just have the frontend send the standard name in the arguments to RL without renaming the system although I think that will cause issues with RL media or something along those lines due to the difference in naming.

What shows on the Modules tab is irrelevant for your situation, you just need to set the default emulator on the emulators tab (which will list every emulator since you have the option unchecked).

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    You rename the systems in whichever frontend you're using, not the emulator. Alternatively, you can just have the frontend send the standard name in the arguments to RL without renaming the system although I think that will cause issues with RL media or something along those lines due to the difference in naming.

What shows on the Modules tab is irrelevant for your situation, you just need to set the default emulator on the emulators tab (which will list every emulator since you have the option unchecked).
    Thanks, your absolutely right the issue i'm hitting is the system name is wrong. Attract mode emulator settings shows a setting for the system name, but it wont allow me to edit it. If this is the wrong place to ask this question let me know and i'll carry it to the attract mode forums.... just curious though if you know how i can edit this system name given its using the attract mode front end built over retroarchUI?

Thanks so much for your replies! I've spent 3 full evenings trying to fix this... super irritating! lol!

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I got a little further and figured out how to change the name of the emulator by going in to the attract mode\emulators folder and manually renaming the cfg file for the emulator in question. I'm now trying to get it to hook up properly and am hitting 2 separate issues...

1. in Retroarch UI i added the retroarch emulator back in as it was removed with the re-name. Now, for Capcom Play System II, Capcom Play Sysetm III, and Microsoft MSX2 i get the error "You have no default emulator set for this system. Unless you have configured every single game to use an alternate emulator no roms will be found, do you still want to run the audit?"

2. for Microsoft MSX the emulator was already set up after the change, but when i go to the games tab and click the button to scan for games, it does absolutely nothing (before the rename when it was simply "MSX" it found all the games in the folder. I have double checked that the emulator settings have the right extension and the rom path is still correct. Check on both accounts. So what could this issue be now that it can no longer find any games under RocketlauncherUI or inside attract mode?

Thanks!

7. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    1. you need to set a default emulator in rlui like I mentioned in my previous response.

2. that usually means you dont have a database in your frontend, attract mode

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    1. you need to set a default emulator in rlui like I mentioned in my previous response.

2. that usually means you dont have a database in your frontend, attract mode
    Thanks very much for your replies! I was having a tough time finding the default emulator option, but it was right there in the top of the menu all along (i was looking for a button to edit the emu to select default). Thanks for the extra bump in the right direction there!

I believe i have this issue nearly licked thanks to your help! I believe i just need to rebuild the database inside attract mode now that i altered all the configs/folders to the proper emulator naming convention. Hopefully that will be the end of it!!!