Thread: RetroArch + Naomi + Atomiswave

1. Collapse Details
    RetroArch + Naomi + Atomiswave 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    RetroArch cores of Reicast have recently added Naomi/Atomiswave support. But the module doesn't work with them. Could it be updated for those systems?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: RetroArch + Naomi + Atomiswave 

MainSecondary
    It's an easy fix.

For example, open RetroArch.ahk and add "Sammy Atomiswave" in the MSystem := list with all the others, then add it again under the mTypeVar:=" list, and specify a core, like all the others (in the format SystemName|LibRetro_Core Title|CoreName_libretro)

You only need to add it in those two places. Give it a try.

Edit: I just tested it on my end following the instructions I gave you (I literally made up the "Libretro_Core Title" so that doesn't matter much, just get the CoreName_libretro right) and I can confirm the module will launch the emulator, but every game I tested crashed. After a bit of research it seems that MAME roms will not load, you need special ROMs.

Just my two cents, but I think Demul is still the better choice - it's a better emulator, and there's less hoops to jump through. RetroArch is awesome for what it is, but until Reicast surpasses Demul I see no reason to use it.
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 06-24-2018 at 10:46 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraKarma View Post
    It's an easy fix.

For example, open RetroArch.ahk and add "Sammy Atomiswave" in the MSystem := list with all the others, then add it again under the mTypeVar:=" list, and specify a core, like all the others (in the format SystemName|LibRetro_Core Title|CoreName_libretro)

You only need to add it in those two places. Give it a try.

Edit: I just tested it on my end following the instructions I gave you (I literally made up the "Libretro_Core Title" so that doesn't matter much, just get the CoreName_libretro right) and I can confirm the module will launch the emulator, but every game I tested crashed. After a bit of research it seems that MAME roms will not load, you need special ROMs.

Just my two cents, but I think Demul is still the better choice - it's a better emulator, and there's less hoops to jump through. RetroArch is awesome for what it is, but until Reicast surpasses Demul I see no reason to use it.
    I agree, Demul is better, but for the games that both emulators seem to have the same performance/compatibility, Reicast is the preferable option since you can increase the internal resolution.

I'll give your fix a try when i get back home, thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    How did you fair? I am trying to add Naomi support here but am a little confused with where to find the actual Libretro_(flycast??). I have entered the core correctly but thats where the success ends.
    I had a computer in the past that I lost in storage, I had Naomi properly setup then using makaron t12-5 but I cannot get the settings to stick after closing the em, so I want to try retroarch.