Thread: Help for New emulator

1. Collapse Details
    Help for New emulator 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi, i'm quite new on using RocketLauncher. I have a few systems setup and working fine, but I need a custom system and need some ideas on how to get this to work.

I'm setting up an fantasy console - https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php?page=1. It's a windows app called pico8.exe and i can start games with pico8.exe -run <path/name to rom>

I've added a new system and emulator to RocketLauncher - but wonder about modules. Should i make a new custom module for this? Or use PCLauncher?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Help for New emulator 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    A dedicated module would be the way to go. If you can find out the window title/class I can put a module together as it seems like a pretty basic thing. I would just grab it myself but it's a paid app and I have no interest in it.

If you have autohotkey installed you can use the window spy app to get the info. You can also setup a game in the pclauncher module and use the built-in tool in RLUI in the Rom settings tab of the module.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks a lot. So the window title is "PICO8" and the class is "SDL_app".

The other thing i wonder about is about exiting - is this something that is done in the module? When the emulator runs a game - pressing ESC stops they game, but is then returned to the emulator "console", and then i need to press ALT-F4 to actually quit the emulator - can these things be put into the module?

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    The module will kill the process so exiting shouldn't be an issue. Lots of emus use Esc to stop emulation or toggle fullscreen and it's rarely a problem. I'll write the module when I get home and post it for you to test.

5. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Try this and let me know if you run into any problems.

The system name is "PICO-8" so if your system is named differently you'll need to add the name on the MSystem line of the module or disable the "valid emu/module only" setting in RLUI before setting the emulator.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    This worked perfectly. Launching the emulator with the rom, and ESC exits the app. Amazing.

Thank you!