Thread: Help with Triforce module needed please

1. Collapse Details
    Help with Triforce module needed please 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I'm trying to get a game save opening when I play Mario Kart Arcade GP on the Dolphin Triforce emulator.
    Thanks to this forum I know that "send F1" on launch was added to the triforce module but I have no idea of what I need to do to make this work.
    In a previous post it said that I just have to open the module and select a game to turn on the option for each game that requires it. Now this may mean a lot to the majority of the forum members but not to me.

Would someone please treat me as a novice and tell me exactly what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Help with Triforce module needed please 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    In RLUI do the following (step # matches screenshot):

1. Select Sega Triforce from the system list
    2. Select the Modules tab
    3. Select the Dolphin Triforce module
    4. Select the Edit Global Module Settings button
    5. Click the Add Game button and select the game you wish to edit
    6. Set the SendF1 option to true
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Is there a way to set that on a timer? It doesn't work on mine, I suspect because it sends it before the emulator loads completely. I still have to manually press F1.

4. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by damageinc86 View Post
    Is there a way to set that on a timer? It doesn't work on mine, I suspect because it sends it before the emulator loads completely. I still have to manually press F1.
    I hacked my module for the same reason, try this and see if it works for you. If it still isn't being sent, try editing the line "TimerUtils.Sleep(5000)" and increasing the 5000 to a higher number.

Code:
    MEmu := "Dolphin Triforce"
    MEmuV := "v4.0-315"
    MURL := ["http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-triforce-mario-kart-arcade-gp2"]
    MAuthor := ["djvj"]
    MVersion := "2.0.3"
    MCRC := "8EE4885E"
    iCRC := "8C524B53"
    MID := "635038268885018176"
    MSystem := ["Sega Triforce"]
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Notes:
    ; Dolphin Triforce builds can be found here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/Triforce/
    ; Go here for Mario Kart GP 2 setup: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=23763
    ; If you get an error that you are missing a vcomp100.dll, install Visual C++ 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14632
    ; Also make sure you are running latest directx: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
    ; Render to Main Window needs to be unchecked. This is done for you if you forget.
    ; If you get Unknown DVD Command errors, the game is not compatible with the emulator. Try a different game or emulator version.
    ; On the emulator GUI go to Options/Configure/Interface and uncheck "Confirm on Stop" otherwise RL won't be able to cleanly shutdown the emulator.
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    StartModule()
    BezelGui()
    FadeInStart()

primaryExe := new Emulator(emuPath . "\" . executable)				; instantiate emulator executable object
    emuPrimaryWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("Dolphin","wxWindowNR"))		; instantiate primary emulator window object
    emuGameWindow := new Window(new WindowTitle("FPS","wxWindowNR"))

fullscreen := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
    hideMouse := moduleIni.Read("Settings", "HideMouse","true",,1) ; hides mouse cursor in emu
    renderToMain := moduleIni.Read(romName . "|Settings", "RenderToMain","false",,1)
    sendF1 := moduleIni.Read(romName, "SendF1","false",,1)

BezelStart()

dolphinCurrentINI := new IniFile(A_MyDocuments . "\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Dolphin.ini")	; location of Dolphin.ini for v4.0+
    dolphinLegacyINI := new IniFile(emuPath . "\User\Config\Dolphin.ini")	; location of Dolphin.ini prior to v4.0
    If dolphinLegacyINI.Exist()
    	dolphinINI := dolphinLegacyINI
    Else
    	dolphinINI := dolphinCurrentINI
    dolphinINI.CheckFile("Could not find your Dolphin.ini in either of these folders. Please run Dolphin manually first to create it.`n" . dolphinLegacyINI.FileFullPath . "`n" . dolphinCurrentINI.FileFullPath)

fullscreen := If (Fullscreen = "true") ? "True" : "False"

; Compare existing settings and if different than desired, write them to the emulator's ini
    dolphinINI.Write(fullscreen, "Display", "Fullscreen", 1)
    dolphinINI.Write(renderToMain, "Display", "RenderToMain", 1)
    dolphinINI.Write(hideMouse, "Interface", "HideCursor", 1)
    dolphinINI.Write(6, "Core", "SerialPort1", 1)	; this puts the AM-Baseboard into the serial port. If previous launch was Gamecube or Wii, BBU would be set here and would result in Unknown DVD command errors

hideEmuObj := Object(emuGameWindow,0,emuPrimaryWindow,1)
    7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, sevenZExtractPath)

HideAppStart(hideEmuObj,hideEmu)
    primaryExe.Run(" /b /e """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """")

emuPrimaryWindow.Wait()
    emuPrimaryWindow.WaitActive()

If (sendF1 = "true") {
    	TimerUtils.Sleep(5000)
    	KeyUtils.Send("{F1}")
    }

BezelDraw()
    HideAppEnd(hideEmuObj,hideEmu)
    FadeInExit()
    primaryExe.Process("WaitClose")
    7zCleanUp()
    BezelExit()
    FadeOutExit()
    ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
    	FadeOutStart()
    	emuGameWindow.Close() ; this needs to close the window the game is running in otherwise dolphin crashes on exit
    Return
    Last edited by SupraKarma ; 09-28-2018 at 01:12 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Ohh nice. i'll try that out. I began just using PAUSE to select my savestates for now.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Goodies included https://youtu.be/hE4zsji-f_4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk