Thread: American Laser Games in Daphne

1. Collapse Details
    American Laser Games in Daphne 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    How do I set up RocketLauncher to launch the American Laser Game .bat files from within Daphne? I've been playing around with it for awhile and can't figure it out.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: American Laser Games in Daphne 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    You don't. Daphne doesn't support ALG.

The Daphne Singe emulator does but the module uses framefiles as the rom files, not batch files. If you have working batch files that launch the game use the PCLauncher module.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    You don't. Daphne doesn't support ALG.

The Daphne Singe emulator does but the module uses framefiles as the rom files, not batch files. If you have working batch files that launch the game use the PCLauncher module.
    Thanks for the reply, yeah the ones I have are all batch files. I installed the PC Games and PCLauncher module. I was then able to use the alternate emulator to launch the games. However, I see the command prompt window pop up and the games open behind HyperSpin. When I close hyperspin the games are still running. Trying to figure out that one now.

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Since you're using bat files you might need to set the AppWaitExe and/or the FadeTitle in the module settings for each game in order to let RL know what to put in focus. HyperSpin is also known to steal focus so you may have to set the Suspend Frontend option in RLUI.

There's a HideConsole module setting in PCLauncher that hides the console window when launching batch files.

You could also just follow the module notes for the Daphne Singe module and abandon your batch files if you can't get those working.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Exclamation
    Agent47. I am have the same problem. Can you walk. Me thru things to-check and set up for daphne singe

Never mind agent47. I SOLVED IT
    Last edited by Propdept ; 06-24-2019 at 04:04 PM.