1. Collapse Details
    [SOLVED] WinVICE C-64 and multidisk 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi,

the module of WinVICE is not compatible with the versions 3.2 and 3.3 of this emulator. It works with the version 3.1 but the change disk function not works.

The emulator supports loading a list with the different roms of a multi-disc game, and change fron one to other using "Alt + N".

This would be a good alternative but unfortunately to do so it is necessary to add custom CLI to the executable:

x64 -flipname <flipname.vfl>

By default, RL does not allow to add custom CLI for this emulator. So the question is: "how can I add custom CLI?"

On the other hand, if possible, it would be appreciated if the module was updated to the latest versions.

Thank you.
    Last edited by badflame ; 01-02-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Solved

2. Collapse Details
    Re: WinVICE C-64 and multidisk 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Starting with WinVICE 3.3 they changed the UI to GTK+ 3 so the current module won't work. I added it to my list of things to update when it was released, no time frame.

Regarding editing the module, it's not advised if you don't know what you're doing. You'll likely end up breaking things.

The module currently just invokes the load disc hotkey and swaps discs that way. Unless there's an advantage to using the flip the added complexity/need for extra files doesn't seem worth it IMO but I haven't looked at it and likely won't unless the current method isn't feasible for some reason in the new version.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    Starting with WinVICE 3.3 they changed the UI to GTK+ 3 so the current module won't work. I added it to my list of things to update when it was released, no time frame.

Regarding editing the module, it's not advised if you don't know what you're doing. You'll likely end up breaking things.

The module currently just invokes the load disc hotkey and swaps discs that way. Unless there's an advantage to using the flip the added complexity/need for extra files doesn't seem worth it IMO but I haven't looked at it and likely won't unless the current method isn't feasible for some reason in the new version.
    Thanks for your kind reply, mate.

Well, as the "change disk" of RL don't works, the only alternative to change disk without open the menu of the emulator is create a ".vfl" list file and execute it by CLI.

Until the next update of the WinVICE.ahk module, I have created a small "patch".

Lines 204-205:

Code:
    204 If StringUtils.Contains(romExtension,"\.d64|\.d71|\.d80|\.d81|\.d82|\.g64|\.g41|\.x64|\.prg|\.vsf")

205 primaryExe.Run(params . " -autostart """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . ":" . LoadFile . """")
    Change for:

Code:
    204	If StringUtils.Contains(romExtension,"\.d64|\.d71|\.d80|\.d81|\.d82|\.g64|\.g41|\.x64|\.prg|\.vsf")
    205	{
    206		If (InStr(romName, "(Disk 1") || InStr(romName, "(Side A")) params .= " -flipname """ . romPath . "\" . romName . ".vfl"""
    207		primaryExe.Run(params . " -autostart """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . ":" . LoadFile . """")
    208	}
    To works well, the ".vfl" file name must be the same that the first disk of the game. That's all.

Greetings and happy new year

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hi. I have been using the VICE x64 libretro core for Retroarch with Hyperspin and RocketLauncher. I prefer it to the standalone version of WinVICE because of the great CRT-shaders. Do you know of any way to use flipfiles with the VICE x64 core under HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher? I've been creating my own C64 flipfiles for multidisk games then using a cmd line shortcut with the proper parameters to launch them independent of HS/RL. It's worked out so far but I can't swap/change C64 disks using HyperSpin. What's also great about the VICE x64 libretro core is that it pre-configures your game pad/joystick and all you have to do is use the right/left triggers on your controller to cycle up and down swapping disks. I have no problem running C64 games from HS/RL as long as they're single disk games. Is there a workaround or patch/fix available for the multi-disk ones? Thx for any help.
    Last edited by JackOfOwls ; 03-02-2019 at 07:53 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    This topic is about the WinVICE module, not the RetroArch module. You should post in the RetroArch module thread or in the emulators section of the forum and clearly indicate you're talking about multidisk in RetroArch and not standalone.