Thread: Change the system name in Module or in what Hyperspin sends to RL

1. Collapse Details
    Change the system name in Module or in what Hyperspin sends to RL 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a few systems that RL will not open because it says the system is not one of the known systems that work with etc.

I know the issue is because in my Hyperspin setup they are named incorrectly. For example my system calls the Amiga Commodore CD32 "Commodore CD32"
    How can I change that in the Module, or in Hyperspin to send what RL is looking for?

I have looked in the module and see:
    MSystem := ["Commodore Amiga","Commodore Amiga CD32","Commodore CDTV","Commodore Amiga CD","Commodore Amiga Demos","Arcadia Multi Select System"]

and

; This object controls how the module reacts to different systems. WinUAE can play several systems, but needs to know what system you want to run, so this module has to adapt.
    mType := Object("Commodore Amiga","a500","Commodore Amiga CD32","cd32","Commodore CDTV","cdtv","Commodore Amiga CD","amigacd","Commodore Amiga Demos","a500","Arcadia Multi Select System","a500")
    ident := mType[systemName] ; search object for the systemName identifier MESS uses

But do not know enough about the modules to make the change. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Change the system name in Module or in what Hyperspin sends to RL 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Your best bet is to rename the systems in HS. Otherwise you're likely to mess the module up or have to make edits each time the module is updated.

You can have RLUI rename your systems in HS by selecting a system and clicking the button in red below:

rename.png

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Change the system name in Module or in what Hyperspin sends to RL 
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    Your best bet is to rename the systems in HS. Otherwise you're likely to mess the module up or have to make edits each time the module is updated.

You can have RLUI rename your systems in HS by selecting a system and clicking the button in red below:

rename.png
    Wow, thank you for that. I have been searching everywhere and it was right there the whole time..... It found it, now to get the emulator to work. Thanks again agent47.