Thread: Mane -window setting?

1. Collapse Details
    MAME -window setting? 

MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I am having issues launching Discs of Tron and noticed in the logs the string used to launch the game.

Upon trial and error I found a -window switch being sent in the cmd line string and when removed the game launches.

Does anyone know where I can turn that off in RL so the game will launch properly?

Thank you!!
    Last edited by scampa123 ; 02-23-2019 at 01:50 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Mane -window setting? 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Set fullscreen to true in the module settings.

3. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    Is that setting available on just that game? Other things seem to launch fine. I’m not sure why this one was having the issue.

4. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    That didn't work...It still shows the -window command line argument and it won;t launch the game

here is my log: https://pastebin.com/eP5Sthnt

5. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    I only took a quick look at your log but something isn't right here. The -window param should not be sent if fullscreen is enabled, which your log shows is the case.

I did notice that you're using a very old version of RL and the module. It's possible that something like the old bezel code is forcing fullscreen to false or something along those lines. I would force an update through RLUI and see if that makes a difference.

Aside from that you have some weird settings in general. You have 7zip and match extensions enabled, neither of which should ever be enabled for arcade systems. Match Extensions shouldn't really ever be enabled for any system unless your roms are compressed and the files inside the archive aren't named to match your database.

6. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    @Agent47 I had the 7zip and Match Extensions pulling the global settings. I turned that off since Mame expects the roms to be zipped.

Your comment about the bezels led me to try turning them off. As soon as I did I was able to launch the game correctly. So there is definately somethign with having the bezel support turned on that is conflicting with the Mame FullScreen setting. I will attempt to update RL (backing up first!) and see if anything changes.

Thanks again.

7. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    @Agent47

I've upgraded RL to the latest and attempted to re-run the game. It still does not work and I can see the -window still being sent. Do you think this is a bug?

Here is my latest log: https://pastebin.com/xq8ezMcX

I'm using Mame version .176 in case that is useful, though I suspect it is simply what is being put together as a command line.

Again, if I set Bezel enabled to False the game will launch....

Here is the command that RL sends to MAME:
    Code:
    D:\Arcade\Emulators\MAME>  "D:\Arcade\Emulators\MAME\mame64.exe"  dotron -rompath "D:\Arcade\System roms\MAME\roms;D:\Arcade\Emulators\MAME\roms" -window -nogl_glsl -video d3d -artwork_crop -nouse_bezels -use_overlays -use_backdrops -nouse_cpanels -nouse_marquees -nofilter -skip_gameinfo
    Here is the output from CMD when running the line from the logs (Not Working): https://pastebin.com/Xkjmc2wg

Here is the output from CMD if I use the same line and remove the "-window" (Working): https://pastebin.com/hHaRr51x

Hopefully that will shed some light!
    Last edited by scampa123 ; 02-24-2019 at 07:41 AM.

8. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    I noticed that Discs of Tron is not the only rom this affects...I tried Rampage and it doesn't work as well unless I turn off Bezels...

I tired to do rom-specific setting of turning off Bezels and it didn't affect it. It's only when I turn off at the Mame->Settings->Bezels tab that things work properly.

I'm hoping someone can help with this one!! I can see whats happning in the command line I just cannot get it to do the right thing!

9. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    IIRC using bezels requires RL to use windowed mode in order to change the window size and position to fit inside the bezels.

If you can't run games in windowed mode via MAME itself there is something wrong with your system, possibly driver issues. Your cmd line output when trying to use windowed mode shows MAME throwing errors.

10. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    @agent47 that was a great point that there is an issue with Mame outside of RL! I’m kinda ashamed it didn’t occur to me and it was right in front of me!! I’ll reasearch it that way a bit. Thanks again!

11. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    @agent47 Thanks to your observation about Mame itself, I downloaded a new binary and replaced mine and it works perfectly! I'm not sure what was going on with mine, but I'm glad to see it working!

Thanks again!!