Thread: "Not A Valid Key Name" error when launching MAME, but ONLY WHEN OFFLINE

1. Collapse Details
    "Not A Valid Key Name" error when launching MAME, but ONLY WHEN OFFLINE 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I wanted this arcade cab operational with Hyperspin by my birthday tomorrow but I give up today, it's been absolutely nothing but a pile of errors. I updated RLUI to fix a MAME.ahk issue, which it did, but I only have one wifi antenna so the arcade cab is not meant to be an online machine. Well, MAME launches and exits fine on Hyperspin, but the instant I take the machine offline I get the infuriating 'not a valid key name' error. My unicode settings were already on English, so no that fix did not help me. Nor did placing Rocketlauncher into run-as-admin.

I need help for this latest infuriating error, if anyone could. The ~q & ~s entries in the 'emergency buttons' section of RLUI are no different than the working version on my main PC, but I still think it's something to do with that. I'm too enraged right now to properly research and I'm out of time being too busy with chores for the day. Any help would be massively appreciated, so I can get this cab up and running.

Thank you.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: "Not A Valid Key Name" error when launching MAME, but ONLY WHEN OFFLINE 
    MainSecondary
    Having received no feedback, I ripped out Rocket on the cab computer and completely redid it. It all functions now; I can only surmise that I cocked the whole thing up somewhere on the previous install, either by not allowing it net access for the first use, or trying to run it before updating and -then- updating and -then- removing net access, or even by trying to fix the initial Not Valid Key error by blanking out the values in Global as suggested in a thread from years back.

Works now, so I guess there's that.