Thread: Neo Geo CD - Retroarch

1. Collapse Details
    Neo Geo CD - Retroarch 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The FB Alpha core is now working great for Neo Geo CD games so I can ditch all the other "meh" emulators that I was messing with. The games load fine through RA but RLauncher won't boot them. Anyone else experiencing this? I assume once one core is working, the rest should once the module is setup because they are using the same info locations such as system, cores, and config but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Here are my logs...

RocketLauncher.log
    RocketLauncher.DLL.log
    RocketLauncherUI.log

Thank you

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Neo Geo CD - Retroarch 
    MainSecondary
    Hi Can you run NEOGEO CD outside of RL?

The only thing I can think of off hand is have you got your neogeocd bios in the right place?

cheers B

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by bman83 View Post
    Hi Can you run NEOGEO CD outside of RL?

The only thing I can think of off hand is have you got your neogeocd bios in the right place?

cheers B
    Yes the games load fine until ran through RL

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have the same issue here. I'd bet the module isn't passing the right arguments to RetroArch "--subsystem neocd" since FB Neo didn't exist prior to this last iteration of the RetroArch module and was defaulting to the MAME core. I'm not savvy enough to fix this quickly though. Anyone else have the skillz?

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Donít use RetroArch. Issue solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesmalone View Post
    Don’t use RetroArch. Issue solved.

Thanks for your amazing and helpful insight.

On a more productive note I was able to come up with a workaround that I hope will help others having this issue. I think it will break MAME for NeoGeo CD but if you want to use RetroArch for that system it will work.

I made the following change to the systems section of the RetroArch.ahk file which changes MAME as the default core for NeoGeo CD:

SNK Neo Geo CD|LibRetro_NEOCD|fbneo_libretro|neocdz (default is SNK Neo Geo CD|LibRetro_NEOCD|mame_libretro|neocdz)

I made the following additions to the primaryExe.Run section of the RetroArch.ahk file:

HideAppStart(hideEmuObj,hideEmu)

If (StringUtils.Contains(core, "^(mame|mess|ume)") && (retroMAMEID != "mame")) { ; if a MAME/MESS/UME core is used
    primaryExe.Run(" """ . (retroMAMEID ? retroMAMEID : "") . fullRomPath . """ " . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll . netCommand, "Hide")
    } Else If (retroID = "LibRetro_SCUMM") {
    primaryExe.Run(" """ . scummFile . """" . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll . "" . netCommand, "Hide")
    } Else If (retroID = "LibRetro_SGB" || If superGB = "true") { ; For some reason, the order of our command line matters in this particular case.
    primaryExe.Run(fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll . fullRomPath . netCommand, "Hide")
    } Else If mgM3UFile.Exist() {
    primaryExe.Run(" """ . mgM3UFile.FileFullPath . """" . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll . netCommand, "Hide")
    } Else If (retroID = "LibRetro_NEOCD") {
    primaryExe.Run(" " . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll """ --subsystem neocd" . fullRomPath . netCommand, "Hide")
    } Else {
    primaryExe.Run(" " . fullRomPath . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll . netCommand, "Hide")
    }
    Last edited by Zarach ; 08-11-2019 at 10:48 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I wasnít being sarcastic. It is honestly useful insight from many years of doing this, and having everything setup nicely.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    My mistake I've been using NeoRaine for years and it's so old that being able to bring Neo Geo CD under the roof of RetroArch with all my other systems is a big update for me. One nice consistent overlay, one nice and consistent shader for everything. That's my version of nice

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    On a more productive note I was able to come up with a workaround that I hope will help others having this issue.
    I already (unofficially) added support for this last week:

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post44545
    Last edited by urbangangsta101 ; 08-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thank you! This is great. In my searches I was doing "Neo Geo CD" and that thread didn't come up on Google right away. Thanks for putting this in, much appreciated!

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I made a small change to the way I got FBNeo working for Neo Geo CD so that it won't break MAME if people still use that for this system:

} Else If (retroID = "LibRetro_NEOCD") && (libDll != "fbneo_libretro.dll") {
    primaryExe.Run(" " . fullscreen . retroCFGFileCLI . " -L """ . libDll """ --subsystem neocd" . fullRomPath . netCommand, "Hide")

Obviously there are many ways to accomplish the same thing as urbangangsta101 has also gotten this working in a different fashion. The core .dll can be specified either in the system area of the module per my first change post or in the global module settings for the system. I made this change because I'd personally prefer to leave the system area of the module at defaults and change the core in the global module settings for the system and only have different launch commands specified when RL picks up that I want to use the FBNeo .dll.