Thread: Rocketlauncher doesn't launch via Hyperspin in Win10 1809

1. Collapse Details
    Rocketlauncher doesn't launch via Hyperspin in Win10 1809 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a portable Hyperspin-Rocketlauncher-RetroArch setup on an external drive that works pretty well as long as you give it the right drive letter.

I have used this setup in lots of different computers and setups. Various laptops as well. With both Windows 7 and 10. It always works fine.

Except for today that i found the first computer where this setup doesn't work. The issue is that when i press enter on a game in Hyperspin, it doesn't launch. It works fine if i do it via Rocketlauncher though.

I know it's not some option in either program since the setup works everywhere else. So it must be something about this PC. Also, that PC has a fresh Windows 10 install. I checked all dependencies and they are there. I cannot find any reason why it's not working while it works in any other PC i tried it. It's portable after all.

The only thing that i am not sure about is the 1809 update. That's the only thing this PC has that mine doesn't. Though, i don't remember which update all the other PCs had but they weren't fresh installs so let's assume they don't have this update. So, anyone else have a similar issue with 1809? What else could it be?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rocketlauncher doesn't launch via Hyperspin in Win10 1809 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    If it's running fine through RL and RLUI then it's something on the HS end of things. Check your HS log to make sure it's calling RL properly. Other than that, it's likely some sort of permissions issue or AV program preventing HS from launching RL.

I don't use HS so I can't test it (and I think I'm still on 1803 anyway) but you might have better luck posting on the HS forum if it's something HS related since RL itself is functioning properly.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Rocketlauncher doesn't launch via Hyperspin in Win10 1809 
    MainSecondary
    OK thanks. I'll look if it's something AV related first.
    Last edited by Imgema ; 03-29-2019 at 06:48 PM.