Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Using XBox controllers? Please read.

1. Collapse Details
    Using XBox controllers? Please read. 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    As far as I know the only way to get around the issue in windows 10 that you can't exit games with your" exit game key" in RL using your XBox One Controller with the latest drivers is the method mentioned here:

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...ll=1#post31544

The problem with this method is that the trigger buttons are messed up. We can use Dolphin emulator as an example. When I go to controller config and test my triggers, they go all the way up just by pressing them a little bit. If I press them a little further, They start over again from zero and go all the way up again. If I slowly press a trigger, the bar fills up and starts over four times before beeing fully pressed. This makes gameplay very hard to handle.

Does this happen for everyone or have I done something wrong. Or better yet, is there another way around the exit key issue?
    Last edited by Dime333 ; 04-03-2019 at 07:02 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Using XBox controllers? Please read. 
    MainSecondary
    I found a workaround for this. Map your controller button to a keypress in this app: https://www.rewasd.com/ and then set that key to be your exit emulator key in RL. I have mapped my view button to "space" and I have set my exit emulator key to "hold space for 2 seconds". This seems to be working perfectly.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    If you want free, I did about the same as you with antimicro, sat up a few buttons, otherwise using Padstarr.
    Also having random "USB device not recognized" and controller stops working sometimes. You would think that Microsoft would be better at supporting their own product, but I guess not.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I noticed that rewasd is useless unless you pay for it. However, I will gladly pay 7 dollars to fix the issue. I actually tried antimicro this morning. It did not work for me. Xpadder and joy2key also won't work. Really strange that it worked for you. I will try it again. Haven't tried padstarr. I have no other issues with my pad. Are you by any chance using a usb extension cable to connect to your reciever? I have to use that for my keyboard and mouse and they sometimes aren't recognized by windows. I have to unplug them and reconnect them to make them work.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Just use a default key mapper profile for joy2key and use a key combination for exit key Works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have come to realize that Xpadder. Antimicro and Joy2Key are all working when using a single keypress and most likely also key combinations. It's just the hold function that won't work when using the latest drivers for the XBox One controller. Since I really want to use hold instead of a key combo, I'll just stick to ReWASD. Thanks for the input guys. Problem solved.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I switched to rewasd on windows 7 with xb1 as well. I found that the triggers were a issue for me. They were just too sensitive and moving the controller would cause keypresses. Long presses didnít work either. I am happy with rewasd been using it for months.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by dougan78 View Post
    I switched to rewasd on windows 7 with xb1 as well. I found that the triggers were a issue for me. They were just too sensitive and moving the controller would cause keypresses. Long presses didn’t work either. I am happy with rewasd been using it for months.
    Yeah, it looks pretty good. I haven't had time to use it anything yet. I am otherwise really happy with XPadder. My plan (at least short term) is to only use ReWASD for this single keypress. NES and SNES are currently the only systems that I'm using XPadder to control (apart from special stuff like mouse movement) and I'm planning to give RetroArch another try soon so I guess I won't be needing it for those. I'm also using XPadder to control hyperspin but that shouldn't be a problem if I decide to swith to ReWASD. How is ReWASD for advanced stuff like my CEMU profile http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...gamepad-screen where you need to hold one button while pressing another and so on?
    Last edited by Dime333 ; 04-05-2019 at 09:07 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I never had any success with JoytoKey, never worked at all for me. So I used Padstarr, that's like 5 USD, and is or was the most feature rich mapper, development stopped now. I had the same problem as Dime, long press that I used for exit stopped working in Win 10. Long press wasn't working with Padstarr, but as I said got that working with antimicro, that's always active with just those mappings. I also bought reWASD and tried that out. So far Padstarr still works best for me, but there's a lot of work put into reWASD, so it looks good for the future. It's very good with programming and key combos, so things like that should be better than Xpadder for sure.
    I'll check out that about extension cords, I do use them.
    I also have the wireless reciever for XBone, I'm having some problems like that some emulators only works with either wired or wireless controller, usually for the modern systems like Citra and Cemu, not sure if that's because there still didn't finish the controller support there, or if it's a Windows problem too. Need to check that out more.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by diskmach View Post
    I never had any success with JoytoKey, never worked at all for me. So I used Padstarr, that's like 5 USD, and is or was the most feature rich mapper, development stopped now. I had the same problem as Dime, long press that I used for exit stopped working in Win 10. Long press wasn't working with Padstarr, but as I said got that working with antimicro, that's always active with just those mappings. I also bought reWASD and tried that out. So far Padstarr still works best for me, but there's a lot of work put into reWASD, so it looks good for the future. It's very good with programming and key combos, so things like that should be better than Xpadder for sure.
    I'll check out that about extension cords, I do use them.
    I also have the wireless reciever for XBone, I'm having some problems like that some emulators only works with either wired or wireless controller, usually for the modern systems like Citra and Cemu, not sure if that's because there still didn't finish the controller support there, or if it's a Windows problem too. Need to check that out more.
    What version of AntiMicro are you using to make the long keypress work? This is the one I tried:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/antimicro.mirror/
    Maby you're on a different version or there is a setting to handle the keypresses differently.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Dime333 View Post
    What version of AntiMicro are you using to make the long keypress work? This is the one I tried:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/antimicro.mirror/
    Maby you're on a different version or there is a setting to handle the keypresses differently.
    It's 2.23. It's not that user friendly really, but I'm a bit hard presssed to remember the details of setting it up...

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Try this. Extract and put in antimicro/profiles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by diskmach View Post
    Try this. Extract and put in antimicro/profiles.
    Thank you. Now I understand. You have set up the keymapper to trigger a keypress if you hold a button for 2 seconds and then you use that single keypress as your exit game key. I had just mapped my button to a key and then I set RL to exit game if that key was held down for 2 seconds (H2000:m) It's the hold command that is fucked up by the controller drivers.. Your method works great. Now I have set up XPadder to trigger "L" key when I press my button and "ESC" if I hold the same button for 2 seconds which triggers the exit. You just saved me 7 dollars. Thanks
    Last edited by Dime333 ; 04-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.

14. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I have RL setup to exit emulator with 'esc". I then setup my xpadder profile so that when select on my controller is pressed escape on the start button become available. I then have escape only hit after 2 seconds. So to exit a game, start + select for 2 seconds triggers escape and closes.