1. Collapse Details
    user function help needed 

MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    hi guys,

been a while, jumping back in to try and finish off some lingering issues.

in the user function folder, i have different emu folders and in those folders i have files for specific games. basically, when a lightgun game is run, it turns off my marquee monitor.

i need to run the same script for all Big Fish and PopCap games. iíve tried dropping properly named scripts into the user function / emulators folder but they arenít starting.

i have a working file in that folder for desmume that works for any game selected for that emu.

but itís not running for Big Fish or PopCap and i think it may be because those systems are started with pclauncher or casual games.

can anyone help me get these emu scripts to run for those emus?

thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: user function help needed 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Try naming the script after the system name and putting it in the root of the User Functions directory. That will run the script for every game using that system name.

3. Collapse Details

MainSecondary
    that did it agent, thanks man!

just curious, as i mentioned, i have a desmume script in the emulators folder (in user functions) and that works. how come for these they need to be in the root?

just wondering, thanks again man!

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    It should work assuming you had them named after the emulator and not the system name. There are some methods in the user function scripts that can only be used with modules that have been updated to use the new RL classes. I'm not sure if PCLauncher and/or Casual Games modules fall into that category w/o looking.

That being said, you wouldn't have wanted to use that script on an emulator basis anyway at least for PCLauncher since that would run the script on every game using the PCLauncher module instead of just the PopCap or Big Fish games stuff.