1. Collapse Details
    Preferred controller help! 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone here successfully managed to re-arrange their controller depending on the game? I found this preferred controller option where you can arrange your controllers so you can assign which controller to use in each game. It is very easy to follow however, it is not working for me.

I dont use any keymapper and im just relying on joy ids because all my emulators are mapped through controllers directly.

Problem:

I have some versus games and lightgun games in MAME and reads the order of the controllers depending on how Windows renumeration assigned them. So if i started playing versus and want to play gun games, i need to pull out arcade stick and plug aimtrak lightgun otherwise the order is a mess.

Does anyone knows a solution for this problem because i want my usb controllers to be plugged permanently?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Preferred controller help! 
    MainSecondary
    Iím not so clear on what your achieving here. I have four USB sticks, a wheel, two Aimtraks, a trackball, spinner and two Xbox controllers all plugged into and large powered USB hub. I use a program called JoyID to give each controller their ID number, and then I use the <mapdevice> tags in my Mame ctrlr file to tell Mame to always assign the correct ID to the controller used. Thereís no unplugging of USBs at all.

So my question is, do you have all your controllers plugged in at all times or are you hot swapping
    regularly?

If your IDs are changing you should look into the map device function or ControllerRemap utility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Preferred controller help! 
    MainSecondary
    Hi thanks for your reply and yes i'm hotswapping all the time which is very annoying. Also, I need to shutdown just to reset the order of the controllers in game controller setting. I tried using controllerremap gui but when i'm using an alias name it only works when launching with the gui but not when opened through rocketlauncher. Its giving an error about controller.

Together with MAME, i also got gun games from demul so i need to somehow reorder the controller depending on which system im using because demul has limitation. This should be the order of my controllers otherwise game controls will be a mess. And with aimtrak at the end, demul only sees upto 4 controllers.

Generic usb controller
    Generic usb controller
    Twin usb controller
    Twin usb controller
    Aimtrak#1
    Aimtrak#2

If im going to move aimtraks above, i will not be able to play 4 player games in demul anymore as it does not read the last two controllers