Thread: Hiow do you make the modules?

1. Collapse Details
    Hiow do you make the modules? 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    This may have been asked before, but i cannot find an answer anywhere.

Some of the newer emulators have changed their file locations and therefore the modules dont work. I could do with knowing what makes up a module, in the chance that i can redo some to run the machines i want or even add new ones.

Any help will be appreciated.

Steve

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Hiow do you make the modules? 
    MainSecondary
    bump

3. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    That's an extremely broad question so here's a broad answer, learn AHK.

What specifically is in a module varies greatly depending on how the emulator stores its settings and how it launches games.

I've been updating all the modules so chances are I've already fixed the things you've mentioned or will.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    That's an extremely broad question so here's a broad answer, learn AHK.
    Actually, I'd say the broad answer would be that "modules are made using AHK scripting" because that actually is an answer to the question, and not a statement of something someone should learn about. Because if the question is that broad, odds are they don't even know what AHK is. It might be just as useful to tell them to learn how to splice different takes from a reel to reel tape to create one listenable cut. A car analogy would be someone asking how people convert throttle body injection to multi-squirt, and would have the answer be "learn how to weld". That says nothing about the theories or concepts implemented to actually do it. Ok, but how are the modules made? lol. Let's say they go out and actually learn AHK. They still might need or want to know how RL modules are made using that.

5. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by damageinc86 View Post
    Actually, I'd say the broad answer would be that "modules are made using AHK scripting" because that actually is an answer to the question, and not a statement of something someone should learn about. Because if the question is that broad, odds are they don't even know what AHK is. It might be just as useful to tell them to learn how to splice different takes from a reel to reel tape to create one listenable cut. A car analogy would be someone asking how people convert throttle body injection to multi-squirt, and would have the answer be "learn how to weld". That says nothing about the theories or concepts implemented to actually do it. Ok, but how are the modules made? lol. Let's say they go out and actually learn AHK. They still might need or want to know how RL modules are made using that.
    I mean, yeah, I prob could've gone into more detail about what AHK is and all that but simply googling "AHK" will give you plenty of results of what it is. I replied while I was busy with something else so it was a general answer. If you learn AHK then you can understand what the modules are doing by opening them in a text editor and reading the code. If people ask about how to do certain things I can be more specific with answers (as quite a few people who decided to take a stab at writing modules could verify).

Like I said above, there are too many different ways of doing things depending on what the emulator supports, what settings you want to manipulate, etc. There is no simple "this is how you make a module" answer.
    Last edited by agent47 ; 02-08-2020 at 03:25 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Of course. I understand. Just felt like bustin' your chops a little bit lol There are also a lot of notes in the module that sort of let you know what it being attempted. I can sort of understand the theories behind some modules just by looking at them and all the notes about what this does and what it is looking for etc., etc. But it would be cool to de-mystify it a bit for the layman.