Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Passthrough CLI arguments to module?

1. Collapse Details
    Passthrough CLI arguments to module? 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I want to switch between two different monitors depending on which CLI arguments I'm passing on via the frontend I'm using.

Is it somehow possible to read the given parameter I've used to start RL within a module?

If this isn't possible, does anyone have an idea how I'd could realize this without making one monitor the primary monitor of the system? Like could I use RL to display some kind of menu before launching the actual emulator?

I've currently changed the RetroArch module to detect if more than one monitor is connected, if yes then it assumes it's the CRT and loads Retroarch with the config relevant for the CRT if only one monitor is connected, it loads the config for the primary monitor. While this setup is relatively OK to use, I'd like to have more control.
    Last edited by shawly ; 10-20-2019 at 02:34 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Passthrough CLI arguments to module? 
    MainSecondary
    You could use Display Fusion to handle that.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Passthrough CLI arguments to module? 
    MainSecondary
    I don't want to change the monitor configuration, I want to pass arguments from Rocket Launcher to RetroArch to load different RetroArch configs depending on the args that RL has been launched with, but I can't read the arguments within the AHK script.
    Preferrably I'd like to have some OSD which is shown, before an emulator is started, that allows me to select different configurations. Or alternatively hold a certain button combo when RL is launched which allows me to change the config with which the emulator is started.
    But I guess RL doesn't have that kind of feature.
    Last edited by shawly ; 10-30-2019 at 06:50 AM.