Thread: Mame Dkong not working

1. Collapse Details
    Mame Dkong not working 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi, when i launch this game through RL it doesn't open.

I tried launching it in MAME and also with command line and it works good.

Also launched with the specified command line created by RL. All good.

But when launching it with RL, it just open and closes and nothing happens (classic ahk_wait error).

Any one can help me with this weird bug?
    Last edited by RkH ; 11-19-2019 at 07:15 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Mame Dkong not working 
    MainSecondary
    Just tried loading it with 4 different MAME emulators, nonag, original MAME, older version of MAME, RetroArch and all load fine.
    Using MAME 0.215 set
    Check your skip checks option in RL and set it to "rom only" if using a split MAME set and "rom extension" if using merged

3. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by RkH View Post
    Any one can help me with this weird bug?
    Anytime something isn't working you NEED to post a troubleshooting log. Without it you give virtually no information and you'll only receive random guesses as to what your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by cataclysm67 View Post
    Just tried loading it with 4 different MAME emulators, nonag, original MAME, older version of MAME, RetroArch and all load fine.
    Using MAME 0.215 set
    Check your skip checks option in RL and set it to "rom only" if using a split MAME set and "rom extension" if using merged
    You need rom only regardless of what type of set you're using.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Sorry, is there a problem with random guesses Agent47 ?
    I thought I was being helpful.... obviously not.
    Also on merged MAME set from PD, many games will not load unless you set skip checks to rom extension, that's why I mentioned it.
    When nobody else is even on this site anymore, I would have thought anything is better than nothing don't you think ?
    I will leave it to you to answer every query from now on, seeing as you are contradicting every answer I give anyway. Maybe let him try it first ?

The points I raise are what I find on my own setup, which has over 500 systems all working flawlessly, so I like to think I know how RL/Hyperspin works, even if I am NOT an expert like yourself.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Hi,

As i stated before, i tried using the command line generated by RL and it works well. I dont want to share any log information about my PC specs or configurations.

Also, the rest of the games are working correctly. Its just happening with 2 dkong games. I checked custom settings, rom settings, and nothing. The weird thing is the command line generated by RL works ok.

What could interfere and make MAME close up? Any controls thing? I will keep trying until i found the solution, and i will find it.

EDIT: I tried launching with Retroarch's mame and it works fine.
    Last edited by RkH ; 11-22-2019 at 07:13 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Sorry, is there a problem with random guesses Agent47 ?
    I thought I was being helpful.... obviously not.
    Also on merged MAME set from PD, many games will not load unless you set skip checks to rom extension, that's why I mentioned it.
    When nobody else is even on this site anymore, I would have thought anything is better than nothing don't you think ?
    I will leave it to you to answer every query from now on, seeing as you are contradicting every answer I give anyway. Maybe let him try it first ?

The points I raise are what I find on my own setup, which has over 500 systems all working flawlessly, so I like to think I know how RL/Hyperspin works, even if I am NOT an expert like yourself.
    Random guesses are obviously worse than suggestions based off logs and concrete info. Sure, a guess may pay off but it may also cause more issues. My response wasn't necessarily directed at you, I've posted the same type of thing for years when people don't post logs when asking for help.

Setting skip checks to rom extension won't launch anything that rom only won't. On the other hand, rom extension I believe will fail to launch anything that doesn't have a file matching the db name and there are plenty of those cases no matter what type of rom set you're using. Plus MAME only needs the rom name not a file path so having RL search for a rom file is pointless.

Not sure why you're getting defensive over someone correcting you. That's one of the things you'll have to deal with when throwing out random guesses or incorrect info.

Quote Originally Posted by RkH View Post
    Hi,

As i stated before, i tried using the command line generated by RL and it works well. I dont want to share any log information about my PC specs or configurations.
    That's your choice of course, but my free time is limited so when I decide to help people I prefer to do with as much info as possible. I don't have any interest in playing guessing games based off solely what people claim. If I don't think someone has provided enough info I generally skip right over their post. There have been more times than I can count over the years where people swear up and down they have this set or that set and it's not the issue then they post a log and it shows different. Best of luck trying to figure it out though.

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I can give you info about the log but not the entire log, the weird thing that i already solved this problem many times, most of them missing or missnamed roms, but this one is really weird because MAME is working correctly, and RL is sending the CLI correctly too. It has to be just one thing, something is not working as expected, but the rest is working perfectly.

I achieved to take a screenshot from the error just before mame closes up, before RL find the ahk_class...

I think log in this case would be useless.

Edit: Tested Switchres from 0 to 1 and nothing, back to 0. Tested deleting MAME inis, nothing, Tested deleting nvram/cfg files. Nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RkH ; 11-22-2019 at 12:48 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Tested a different version and now its working. Really weird!

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Using MAME 0.215 set
    Are you using some options like -artwork_crop -nouse_bezels -use_overlays -use_backdrops -nouse_cpanels -nouse_marquees?

Its giving me now this error: Error: unknown option: -nobezel (its the first but when deleting 1 by 1, they all give error)