Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Launching 4DO with Rocket Launcher 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    For retroarch my philosophy right or wrong when it comes to key mappings is:

1. I open retroarch delete all hotkeys for everything that uses anything other than function keys. Save that as my config.

2. I set my keys to what I want for all players in puts so my control panel works save that as the main config.

3. I also have a separate display setup for controllers up to 4 players and I use xb1 controllers. With controllers I use retroarch auto configuration. It assigns the buttons and controllers automatically.

4. If a game or system requires a specific thing I use the f1 menu in retroarch and save game or system specific over rides in retroarch itself.

I know rl can do some config swapping but I found it to be unnecessary for my setup. I did not get 3do working in retroarch myself as I use Phoenix and needed that setup for jaguar anyway as it has the best compatibility. I didnt like 4do or freedo so didnít ever set those up all the way. I do seem to remember 4do was problematic for me at least.

My recommendation would be to launch games in rl with retroarch if you have games working. Use the built in retroarch game and system over rides for game or specific settings.

If you plan to have jaguar then you way want to review that thread and use Phoenix and get that setup as that emu says it has 100% compatibility for 3do and is great for jaguar.

Good lick

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Phoenix when I went to launch game using rocket launcher I ran into all it did was again take me to bios screen or it woul just sit there and do nothing I ended up using virtual jaguar but fir pansonic 3do I am trying 4do or retroarch.
    And like I said I am only using fir retro arch. Vectored emulation and I was thing 3do but when I key map vectrex it core remaps fine when I keymap 3do it affects vectrex. The vectrex core key map looks like the key map for 3do so I key map vectrex again and 3do key map is affected
    Last edited by Propdept ; 01-17-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Adding info

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thats puts us back to the issue of needing a troubleshooting log for the retroarch issue so someone can help you. Will have a look if you post your log.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    If you are talking about turning on a function in Retroarch that creates a log please give me a step by step and I will post it here

5. Collapse Details
    Launching 4DO with Rocket Launcher 
    MainSecondary
    No I want to see you rocket launcher logs. If you have left over configs loading in rl for retroarch it may be over riding what you are doing in retroarch.

Be sure logs set to debug in rl.

6. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by dougan78 View Post
    Be sure logs set to debug in rl.
    Troubleshooting

7. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks, troubleshooting

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Fellas hereís the deal. I use Retro Arch for only two systems Vectrex and I planed on Panasonic 3DO. Now one of the system I WANT is Vectrex. Which if I do nothing is working. And if I canít get 3DO working. My view was to have 3DO as a ďWouldnít it be nice to have this ......,in the systemĒ. If I canít get it working it is not gonna break me. I have ONE LAST idea left to try with RetroArch and if that fails then. I will remove 3DO out of the game cab.
    As far as why the 4DO is not booting up in Rocket Launcher the last log I sent would have been the latest I realize it was not set to troubleshooting. Sorry. Iím done with Retro Arch. And I donít have to have 3DO in my game cabinet. Deleting it out now....

Would have been nice to get the 4DO stand alone emulator working and launching games but Iím done....
    Last edited by Propdept ; 01-18-2020 at 12:14 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Propdept View Post
    Would have been nice to get the 4DO stand alone emulator working and launching games but I’m done....
    If you would've done what I asked then you may have been able to. Instead, you frantically jumped between 3 different emulators in RL and trying to launch directly from HyperHQ. dougan offered to help you with RetroArch and you didn't do what he asked either. If you want to get 3DO working pick a single emulator and follow the steps to troubleshoot it.

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    It all good. Don’t worry about it.... thanks