Thread: XBOX one controller doesn't work

1. Collapse Details
    XBOX one controller doesn't work 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I used a 360 controller for years with no issues. The only thing i need is the "exit emulator" key. So i go to the option and capture the "1joy10" button for this.

So i did the same for my XBOX one controller. I pressed the button and it was captured correctly as "1joy10" again, since it's the same button as before. But when i launch an emulator it won't exit if i press it. I tried other buttons but nothing works. They are all captured and put into the list but don't work afterwards.

Any ideas?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: XBOX one controller doesn't work 
    MainSecondary
    Have a look here:
    http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showt...rs-Please-read

The app that I mention in post #2 works really well. I will paste what I wrote about it on the Hyperspin forum when another user was having issues with the controllers not being able to reconnect when leaving them idle for a longer period of time.

Just wanted to say that this was one of the issues that I used to have and I absolutely hated it.. Another issue was that the "hold" command in RL that I used for my exit emulator key wasn't working when using the latest windows 10 drivers for my Xbox one controllers. A third issue was that I wasn't able to map the Xbox button to any keys. I had these issues with every keymapper I tried and i think I tried all of them. I have now switched to reWASD and all of these issues are gone. It gets regular updates and has a great support forum. I was a little worried that it might not be able to handle a little more advanced mappings like the one I have made for Cemu to be able to control the mouse when holding down a specific button and so on but it works really good. I think it works even better. For example now I just press the xbox button to switch between tv and gamepad view in Cemu. All in all I'm super happy with this piece of software and I recommend that everyone start using it It's absolutely worth the money.

Edit: Just to clarify. The "inactivity disconnect of the joysticks" that I'm talking about is that if I leave hyperspin on for a while and later come back, my wireless Xbox one controllers are turned off and I have to turn them back on by holding the xbox button. After that I can't control Hyperspin at all with the controllers. The same thing happens if I'm for example playing a wii game with my wii remotes and therefore leaving the xbox controller untoutched which leads to it turning off. When I later turn it back on to use my exit emulator key, it won't work. None of this happens when using reWASD.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks for the suggestion but this is not a free program. Dunno maybe i'll try it anyway.

I guess i'll make a few more profiles with Joytokey. Most systems run with RetroArch so there i can just use a native hotkey to exit and it works well. For the rest of the standalones (about 6 in total) i'll make a profile for them on Joytokey. I used Rocketalaunhcer's exit key to avoid having a lot of profiles but oh well.

4. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgema View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but this is not a free program. Dunno maybe i'll try it anyway.

I guess i'll make a few more profiles with Joytokey. Most systems run with RetroArch so there i can just use a native hotkey to exit and it works well. For the rest of the standalones (about 6 in total) i'll make a profile for them on Joytokey. I used Rocketalaunhcer's exit key to avoid having a lot of profiles but oh well.
    You can setup a _Default profile which will work for all systems rather than having one per system.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by mccorkled View Post
    You can setup a _Default profile which will work for all systems rather than having one per system.
    I know but i don't want that. I also play a lot of PC games where all buttons are used and i don't want one of them to always be the "esc" button.