Thread: Rlauncher puts single mame ini Files in mame directory

1. Collapse Details
    Rlauncher puts single mame ini Files in mame directory 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I setup mame with like 36000 roms so I will play a lot of games only if I launch the games with rocketlauncher it will put the ini in the Main Mame directory where the mameui64.exe is so if I play a lot of games then it will be full inis
    I setup the ini directory in mameui64.exe if I start a game it saves it to the .ini directory.

how can I make rocketlauncher to save the .ini to to the ini directory inside the mame folder ?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Rlauncher puts single mame ini Files in mame directory 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Set the ini path in the module settings.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Does it make any difference if i use PcLauncher to launch a mame game , ive put the ini in the module but thats Mame Module.
    I use a Reshade CRT GEOM shader as i prefer it over mame hlsl.

i found out if i launch a Mame Game with the Mame Module the effects in the shader are disabled.

I didnt figure out why maybe because something in the ini overwrites the efffect.
    If i launch the game with a bat the effects of the shader stays intact but it puts the ini in the Main Mame folder and not in the ini directory

If i launch the bat without rocketlauncher it saves the ini to the ini directory because i pointed it in the mame.ini

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMaster View Post
    Does it make any difference if i use PcLauncher to launch a mame game
    Yes, if you're not using the MAME module none of the MAME module settings matter.

Quote Originally Posted by StyleMaster View Post
    If i launch the game with a bat the effects of the shader stays intact but it puts the ini in the Main Mame folder and not in the ini directory

If i launch the bat without rocketlauncher it saves the ini to the ini directory because i pointed it in the mame.ini
    If you're using a batch file RL isn't modifying anything. It doesn't make sense to me that running the batch file from RL produces different results than running it directly.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    yes youre right , it isnt rocketlauncher.
    If i launch the bat it puts the ini in the main folder , if i run the game when i use mameui64 it puts it in the ini folder

But i solved the problem i was reading an older post regarding enabling GLSL in the mame module that did fix the problem
    video mode set to opengl
    The shader appears right now , man that spares alot of time i was settingup making alkinds of .bat
    Last edited by StyleMaster ; 02-16-2020 at 05:07 PM.