Re: Everything works but roms won't start 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawk View Post
    I still think the RL path is off/misspelled or something simple... THIS is where I usually direct people who are having issues connecting with RL properly. That is all there is for settings to be connected.

As far as games launching, I always say follow this path:

1. does the game load stand alone in emulator? (if yes then settings there are correct)
    2. does the game load after an audit in RL by clicking the rocket icon? (if yes then settings there are correct)
    3. does the game load in HS? (if NO, 95% of the time it is usually not connected to RL or possibly you selected a filter in HQ without putting rompath and extension)

Your errors about "hyperlaunch" scream "you are not connected" to me. Look over the settings I linked in that post and get back to me.

Just as an FYI, are you win10?
    This is all irrelevant to their problem. The only settings that matter for connecting HS and RL is having execution set to hyperlaunch and having the hyperlaunch_path set correctly, which they do (unless their path is wrong).

The issue is for some reason HS isn't using the hyperlaunch_path because it "can't find it".

@shadowphoenix, just for kicks, set HS to run as admin. This should not be necessary but a permissions issue is the only thing I can think of that would explain this behavior if the path is set correctly.

2. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    It's all irrelevant to you, you don't use HS... the information I provided is valid and useful for an HS user even if it isn't "THE" problem. Not to mention you just repeat what I said about the path... And where do you think I was going with the Win10 question? Win7 surely doesn't have any admin/permission issues, I just didn't want to jump to that yet.

I like to be involved so I do tend to ask questions and offer any kind of assistance/ideas even as limited in knowledge as I am. You have corrected me several times over the years, and I really do appreciate it! Seriously, you are the smartest person I know about all this stuff. But I in this instance, I said nothing that included an "I think" or an "AFAIK". IMO it's all VERY relevant to someone setting HS up for the first time.

3. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawk View Post
    It's all irrelevant to you, you don't use HS... the information I provided is valid and useful for an HS user even if it isn't "THE" problem. Not to mention you just repeat what I said about the path... And where do you think I was going with the Win10 question? Win7 surely doesn't have any admin/permission issues, I just didn't want to jump to that yet.

I like to be involved so I do tend to ask questions and offer any kind of assistance/ideas even as limited in knowledge as I am. You have corrected me several times over the years, and I really do appreciate it! Seriously, you are the smartest person I know about all this stuff. But I in this instance, I said nothing that included an "I think" or an "AFAIK". IMO it's all VERY relevant to someone setting HS up for the first time.
    Whether I use HS or not doesn't matter, the info you provided is stuff that has already been said by both of us and seems to be configured correctly. The stuff about game launching isn't relevant at this point when they can't even get HS and RL to connect properly so I don't see a point in mentioning that yet.

You can have permissions issues on any OS so I'm not sure what you mean there. Unless HS is broken on Win10 yet again but last time that happened it wouldn't even launch.

I wasn't trying to knock you, just trying to fix the big problem of the HS/RL connection and keep talk more focused on that.