Thread: Just Curious, How long before a post appears?

1. Collapse Details
    Just Curious, How long before a post appears? 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Not complaining .... but as a first time poster. How long till moderators look at and approve posts? Mame has recently updated the Bit corporation Gamate system. I sent in a question on the Module forum but after a week it still hasn't appeared in the forum? I recognize it said these posts have to be approved by a Moderator - just wondering how long that usually takes.... and want to make sure it's not something I did. Thanks, Marty.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Just Curious, How long before a post appears? 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    You didn't do anything wrong. I'm the only active moderator but for some reason some posts get auto-moderated. I think it's related to posting a lot of text in your first posts and/or shortly after registering an account but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, it's hard for me to track auto-moderated posts. The previous mods (none of whom are active anymore) didn't use the moderation queue so there are hundreds or more in the queue and there's some bug with the forum software to where I can't clear them. I talked to djvj about it but I'm not sure if he's figured out how to clear it.

So the only way I really see them is if I happen to stumble across them when browsing the forum but I typically just check through the activity feed and they don't show as auto-modded in there. I think I can setup email notifications for that so I may be able to monitor them better from here on out until if/when the mod queue gets fixed. I'll restore one of your threads and post in it.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Just Curious, How long before a post appears? 
    MainSecondary
    Agent47.
    Thank you for forwarding my post. Looking forward to the new MAME. ahk update. Marty