Thread: Had Hyperspin working and added RocketLauncher now can't run from HS but can in RLauncher

1. Collapse Details
    Had Hyperspin working and added RocketLauncher now can't run from HS but can in RLauncher 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    So I was running Hyperspin 1.2 for a few years. I don't recall having Hyperlaunch configured nor do I have a directory for it. When I got to the Windows 10 update that broke Hyperspin I upgraded to 1.51 and it was fine. I wanted to get some more functionality so I installed RocketLauncher after watching various tutorials. I can launch games from within RocketLauncherUI but not from Hyperspin anymore. I am focusing on MAME at the moment. So when I select Mame in HS and try 1942 (or any other game) I get the message:
    No DEfault_Emulator found in Z:\RocketLauncher\Settings\Z:\HyperSpin\Emulators\ Mame\roms\1942.zip,chd\Emulators.ini" Please set oneso RocketLauncher knows what module to use.

I have configured MAME in the global settings and under MAME in RocketLauncher. Below is my mame.ini file from Hyperspin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

From MAME.ini
    -----------------
    [exe info]
    path=Z:\RocketLauncher\
    rompath=Z:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Mame\roms\
    userompath=true
    exe=RocketLauncher.exe
    romextension=zip,chd
    parameters="MAME" -f "Z:\HyperSpin\HyperSpin.exe" -p "HyperSpin"
    searchsubfolders=false
    pcgame=false
    winstate=NORMAL
    hyperlaunch=false
    hyperlaunch_per_game_modules=false
    hyperlaunch_cpwizard_enabled=false

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Had Hyperspin working and added RocketLauncher now can't run from HS but can in RLauncher 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    In newer versions of HS all you need to do is set hyperlaunch to true and set the path of RocketLauncher.exe in the HyperSpin/Settings/Settings.ini for the hyperlaunch_path.

You don't need to set the exe or params in HyperHQ/HS system ini files and can remove them since they won't be used. If you're not using any wheel filters in HS you don't need the rom path or extensions either.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Had Hyperspin working and added RocketLauncher now can't run from HS but can in RLauncher 
    MainSecondary
    That is what I did originally and I still got a path error. I still have Hyperlaunch_Path=Z:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher. exe in my settings.ini file and have tried Execution mode both in Normal and HyperLaunch and it made no difference. I also have tried with and without the Executable and Rom Path and it also made no difference.

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Post your HS log (log.txt in the root dir) using code tags after attempting to launch a game from HS using the settings I mentioned above.

5. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I changed execution to HyperLaunch, cleared executable and rom path, rememoved params and extensions and went to Navigation/Themes and unticked Parents Only and Roms Only under Wheel Filters. Ran it and got the message: Cannot find Z:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncherUI\Databases\MAME\ MAME.xml

log.txt
    -------

01:13:20 PM | HyperSpin Started
    01:13:20 PM | Going FullScreen
    01:13:21 PM | LEDBlinky is set to active
    01:13:21 PM | Found LEDBlinky.exe
    01:13:21 PM | Running LEDBlinky
    01:13:21 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 1
    01:13:21 PM | Checking for updates
    01:13:21 PM | Update Check Complete
    01:13:21 PM | Startup program: HyperSpin Startup Script.exe
    01:13:21 PM | Startup params not set
    01:13:21 PM | Working directory: Z:\Hyperspin\
    01:13:21 PM | Window State: NORMAL
    01:13:21 PM | Launching HyperSpin Startup Script.exe
    01:13:21 PM | Command Line is HyperSpin Startup Script.exe
    01:13:21 PM | Playing intro video
    01:13:23 PM | Error intializing joysticks
    01:13:23 PM | Menu Mode is multi
    01:13:23 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml
    01:13:23 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
    01:13:24 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
    01:13:24 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 9 "MAME" "Main Menu"
    01:13:25 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 8
    01:13:25 PM | Loading MAME.xml
    01:13:25 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 7 "MAME"
    01:13:25 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
    01:13:26 PM | MAME wheel loaded successfully
    01:13:27 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 9 "1942"
    01:13:27 PM | Launching Game
    01:13:27 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 3 "1942" "MAME"
    01:13:27 PM | Using HyperLaunch
    01:13:27 PM | Getting Launcher path
    01:13:27 PM | Launcher located at Z:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
    01:13:27 PM | Running Launcher
    01:13:27 PM | Launcher Command Line is: Z:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "MAME" "1942"
    01:13:28 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 4
    01:13:35 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 4
    01:13:36 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml
    01:13:36 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
    01:13:36 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
    01:13:37 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 9 "MAME" "Main Menu"
    01:13:42 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 4
    01:13:44 PM | Exit program unavailable
    01:13:44 PM | Quiting Hyperspin
    01:13:44 PM | Command Line is: "Z:\Hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.ex e" 2
    01:13:44 PM | Bye!

6. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    My response with log is waiting for moderator approval. I disabled LEDBlinky since I don't use that anyway and ran again just to get a cleaner log output.
    Last edited by tdalton ; 07-10-2020 at 02:39 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Your log shows HS and RL are connected properly. Now you just need to set the default plugin and front-end path to HS like the screenshot on this page http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index....UI_Explanation

You can also enable any filters in HS as that has no effect on how RL functions.

8. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    No more errors now the screen just goes black and comes back to HS with no game...

9. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I tested from RocketLauncherUI and I am getting the same black screen then disappear so something happened which is odd because that was working last night when I stopped working on it

10. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I am using MAME 0145. I can run games from command prompt but I can't run them from RocketLauncherUI or from HS now. I know last night I had a video mode issue in my mame.ini and set it to auto and then was able to run games from RocketLauncherUI but not sure what the problem is now. I'm thinking if I can get it to pause so I can see an error or get it to log (although not sure where it would log to) it will be a lot easier to figure out
    Last edited by tdalton ; 07-10-2020 at 04:33 PM.

11. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    I configured another emulator (Stella) and it works fine in RocketLauncherUI AND HyperSpin. I configured it as I did MAME. All I can think to do now is somehow pause the MAME screen before it exits but can't figure out how to do that and pushing pause doesn't seem to work or I just can't time it right.

12. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks for all of your help. I opened another thread since this appears to be a different problem and you helped me get RocketLauncher configured. Thanks again.