Thread: MAME 0145 not working in RocketLauncherUI or in Hyperspin

1. Collapse Details
    MAME 0145 not working in RocketLauncherUI or in Hyperspin 
    MainSecondary
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    In another thread I went through and got everything synced and configured to add RocketLauncher. It is working fine with other emulators but not working with MAME. I am running 0145 and it was working fine in Hyperspin before. I actually had it working in RocketLauncherUI but since finishing the config it stopped working and when you select a game in MAME it simply flashes a black screen that quickly disappears. I can run MAME from a cmd prompt as well as MAMEUI just fine. I was trying to figure out a way to get logging on mame to see what is happening but I am not finding anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: MAME 0145 not working in RocketLauncherUI or in Hyperspin 
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    If you had it running from RLUI there shouldn't be any difference when running it from HS.

What you can do is enable logging in RLUI, search for the command line syntax RL is sending to MAME and run that from a command prompt. That will display any errors.

3. Collapse Details
    MainSecondary
    Thanks for the great advice! I got it working now! So it was defaulting to d3d as the video mode and right now my rig won't run d3d. Looking through the log I saw that RL was looking for mame.ini in the Z:\RocketLauncher\Modules\MAME path. There wasn't one there so I copied the MAME (Example).ini to it, added Videomode=gdi and that did the trick! I'm wondering if there will be any other ini files in the modules\whatever emulator folder I will need to change but I guess I will see as I add the rest of the emus back. Thanks again for all of your help!

4. Collapse Details
    Super Moderator
    MainSecondary
    Typically the only modules where ini files are provided are for computer systems because they require specific settings per game. Otherwise you'll want to set the module options here: moduleSettings.PNG