Pause Guides Menu
From RocketLauncher Wiki
- In the Guides Menu you can show any game or system specific Walkthrough, Maps, Guides, Cheats and other relevant info about the game being played.
- PDF, TXT, PNG, BMP, GIF, JPG and TIP files are supported. Compressed Image files in ZIP, RAR, 7Z, LZH, GZIP, and TAR formats are also supported.
- While reading pdf or image compressed files, this menu will require a small waiting time to load the pdf contents or uncompress the files and showing its pages. This load will happen only one time for each game session for each compressed file and for each pdf page of the guide, even if you exit and come back to the pause menu several times. If you want to load the pdf and compressed files at Pause startup, you will need to set the option Load_PDF_and_Compressed_Files_at_Pause_First_Start to true in RocketLauncherUI.
- You can set the quality of the guide pages displayed by changing the dpi resolution ini key in the advanced appearance settings ini files. Be aware that increasing resolution may not improve the image quality compared to the default output of 72dpi if the source pdf file is of bad quality, but it will surely cause higher loading times and higher memory use.
- Pause will remember the pdf or txt page that you were reading during each game session, even if you exit and come back to the pause menu several times.
- While the Guides Menu is active you can press the select key to enter in full screen mode and show more content. While in full screen mode, Pause is able to Zoom and Pan the image and pdf files. Just follow the screen instructions.
- Your guide files stored in “RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\SystemName\RomName\filename.*” will be shown for the specifc rom in this system under the label "filename" in the Pause menu.
- Your guide files stored in “RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\SystemName\_Default\filename.*” will be shown for every game in this system under the label "filename" in the Pause menu.
- Your guide files stored in “RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\_Default\*.*” will be shown for all systems.
- I want to show my system and game guides for TMNT rom in the Guides Menu.
- You just need to add the system guides to the system default folder and the game manual to a folder created after the rom name at your Pause Manual folder:
- I want to show my system and game guides, and a group of scanned images of my original game Guide for TMNT rom in the Guides Menu.
- You just need to add the system manual to the system folder, the game manual to a folder created after the rom name at your Pause Guides folder, and the scanned images to a folder created inside the rom folder:
- ..\RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\MAME\_Default\MAME Guide.txt
- ..\RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\MAME\tmnt\TMNT Guide.pdf
- ..\RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\MAME\tmnt\Scanned Guide\Page 1.png , ....\RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\MAME\tmnt\Scanned Guide\Page 2.png , ....\RocketLauncher\Media\Guides\MAME\tmnt\Scanned Guide\Page 3.png