0 Systems Found

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
kmoney is right, if you select the shortcut, the systems don't show. If you copy the exe to the root folder, they do show up. I never noticed it either as I only tested retrofe from the FE itself and not from RLUI. RLUI must be taking the path from the shortcut and not the folder the shortcut actually exists in to find the FE's db. I kind of blame RetroFE for this as it certainly is an odd way of doing things. In the windows world the exe is usually in the app's root folder. On other OS's it might not be, so it could be for easier cross-compatibility on the dev side.

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
That's pretty odd, never experienced and I'm not parsing the shortcut file at all. I'll see if I can replicate the issue, but it was working fine here.
There's no need to be copying files over though, just type the path to the shortcut file manually into the textbox. Remember that the file extension will be .lnk.

kmoney2315

RL Member
Manually typing the shortcut file into the textbox did work. Its weird because I have never had to manually type anything in a textbox in RLUI before as I have always used the little magnifier glass beside the textbox and looked for my files that way and it has always worked. When I use the magnifier glass beside the textbox to choose the retrofe shortcut file it puts C:Windows/system32/cmd.exe in the textbox. I had to manually type H:\RetroFE\RetroFE.lnk in the textbox for anybody wondering but it will differ for most people according to there file structure and which drive retrofe is on, thats just an example.
Thanks Brolly for your help!;)

brolly

Administrator
Developer
What I don't get is why the hell is showing the cmd.exe path instead of the path to the shortcut, that's what's making me scratch my head.

djvj

Administrator
Staff member
Developer
Like I said above, it's pulling and translating the path to cmd from the shortcut path:

%COMSPEC% /c start "" Core\RetroFE.exe

td75

Manually typing the shortcut file into the textbox did work. Its weird because I have never had to manually type anything in a textbox in RLUI before as I have always used the little magnifier glass beside the textbox and looked for my files that way and it has always worked. When I use the magnifier glass beside the textbox to choose the retrofe shortcut file it puts C:Windows/system32/cmd.exe in the textbox. I had to manually type H:\RetroFE\RetroFE.lnk in the textbox for anybody wondering but it will differ for most people according to there file structure and which drive retrofe is on, thats just an example.
Thanks Brolly for your help!;)

Can you please explain how you manually type into textbox? Mine is greyed out until I click the magnifying glass and if I type H:\RetroFE\RetroFE.lnk it defaults back to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe!

I also ended up copying the retrofe.exe from the core folder over to RetroFE folder and it seems to work and pick up the systems I have created, but now still having a issue when using system audit - it doesn't show any of the games in the database other than the original Sega Genesis that is setup when RetroFE is installed.

It will not show any games for any other systems I create. I have checked the meta.db in RetroFE and all games are shown for every system. They are also shown in RetroFE/meta/hyperlist as .xml files.

I have set both RocketLauncherUI/RocketLauncher plugins to RetroFE.

Has anyone successfully setup new systems and been able to audit game database? Really hope someone can help!

brolly

Administrator
Developer
There's a checkbox in the RocketLauncherUI tab, not sure about the exact name as I can't check right now, but should be pretty obvious once you see it.

kmoney2315

RL Member
Yes as Brolly has said you need to check the Editable paths box in the RLUI tab. As for the games not showing up I am not having that problem, but I know when I started replacing retofe system xml files with my hyperspin xml files I had to delete the meta.db file in retrofe and then started retrofe again to create a new meta.db file for my games to show up in the RL game audit as green.

td75

Thanks for replies. If you mean the Default and Active check-box in RLUI, then yes these have already been ticked.

I have also tried deleting the meta.db and restarting RetroFE but still same problem. I have checked meta.db with DB browser for SQLite and all the games are shown correctly.

The odd thing is the Sega Genesis will always show all the games but any other system I add will not and only show the following as attached.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    111.2 KB · Views: 43

td75

Found the Editable Paths check-box under settings tab in RLUI and managed to get the H:\RetroFE\RetroFE.lnk working thanks.

Still a problem with games not showing up on any new systems that I add. Is there something else I'm supposed to set up or tick? Is there a way I check why it's not showing any collections other than the Sega Genesis?

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
Umm find the file that contains the data you are seeing listed, probably something like include.txt. Then check if Mega-Drive also has those files, seems I will need to parse some comments out of it in the plugin...

td75

Umm find the file that contains the data you are seeing listed, probably something like include.txt. Then check if Mega-Drive also has those files, seems I will need to parse some comments out of it in the plugin...

Awesome thanks finally resolved! After deleting the text out of include.txt it now works!

This is the text that is inside each include.txt after creating collection that needs to be deleted:

# Add a list of files to show on the menu (one filename per line, without the extension).
# If no items are in this list then all files in the folder specified
# by settings.conf will be used

Last edited:

brolly

Administrator
Developer
It's not really solved, this needs to be deal with by the plugin, but for a quick fix yeah just delete those lines.

NeoID

RL Member
For some reason I'm getting a system.data.sqlite.dll error when trying to audit games.
http://i.imgur.com/YdZ4Adf.jpg

Solved: Looks like I forgot to download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package for x86. Solved :)

Last edited: