$100 bounty for ahk pro

d8thstar

Supporter
RL Member
hi all,

offering up a 100 bounty to an ahk pro who can customize a user function script for me. what’s involved?

write a user function script that on specific rom start will do the following:

1. close hypermarquee
2. using displayfusion, deactivate second monitor.
3. start game

at game exit:

1. enable second monitor
2. wait 3 seconds
3. restart hypermarquee

i have some info from the displayfusion developers and some thoughts from other sources but me not smart enough to make a working script.

please pm me if you think you are up to the challenge!

d8thstar

Supporter
RL Member
fyi, i have an interested party that is taking a stab at this. i don’t want anyone else spinning their wheels. if they give up, i will post that the offer is open again!

Gilrock

Supporter
RL Member
Yes the display fusion developers seem surprisingly quite responsive. I put in a request to get an additional command line option so that you could specify a filename for a wallpaper profile so you wouldn't need to create a profile for every game name. He had an idea that I script a bunch of file copies into the profile folder but I think I'm gonna just stick to HyperMarquee since I appear to have it working again. I had all this stuff setup 4 years ago and forgot how everything works.

May I ask how are you using HyperMarquee? In other words do you have a spot in RL where you launch it? Are you using EDS? I got it working last night but I'm pretty sure EDS is not being used even though I must have downloaded it 4 years ago because I see a directory for it. I just launch HyperMarquee when a game is launched in RL and it seems to work fine. I used to have it set where it would load the marquee in Hyperspin when you landed on a game in the wheel but I think I've lost that for now after moving from HyperLaunch to RocketLauncher.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
Yes use eds and hypermarquee

You’ll need eds path in hyperhq under the led blinky path for eds to rub and call hypermarquee. Works fine for me at least.

I don’t think you need an ahk, but rather just set up hypermarquee how you want it. The closed numbers in hypermarquee could stop the marquee png at start up then display a black screen or whatever during gameplay and bring the marquee back at hyperspin. The app already supports that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilrock

Supporter
RL Member
Ok but I'm trying to have HyperMarquee work in RocketLauncher no matter whether I'm using LaunchBox, HyperSpin, 3DArcade, or other front-ends so I think I need to stick with the AHK code.

Ninja2bseen

RL Member
RocketLauncher wouldn’t do anything with hypermarquee, it’s separate from all this I think. Hypermarquee fires based on eds and eds needs to be pathed to ledblinky for your front end and in this case is that 3D arcade one. Does that front end support led blinky? It’s a cool concept but takes forever to get to the game of your liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilrock

Supporter
RL Member
Actually you can call HyperMarquee directly from any program. I've already got it launching from RocketLauncher without any help from any front-ends. I would like to use EDS though because eventually I will have led buttons and use LEDBlinky. The purpose of EDS is to intercept commands sent to LEDBlinky and then route them to multiple programs like HyperMarquee and LEDBlinky at the same time. RocketLauncher appears to have LEDBlinky support so it seems like I should be able to point RL to the EDS exe same as the old school way of doing it from HyperSpin. Anyways I've started a new thread to ask this very question.

3DArcade takes a bit to get setup but it's awesome once you do. I posted a video a few days ago of what I have running after only 3 days of using it. If its taking too long to find a game then you didn't learn the quick search features.